Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Replacing young guys like Fuller and Breeland with 30+ year old Scandrick who was a bum in Dallas(not even in PFF's top 100 CBs)...

Some things never change.

Fabien Moreau, Quintin Dunbar, Josh Holsey.  All as young or younger than the guys we lost.  Scandrick is just there for a little experience

Just now, HigSkin said:

Fishing around and it seems Lions (his home), Falcons, maybe Steelers could have interest but I don't know all their cap situations.

We had our chance HigSkin and Allen couldn't deliver.  That simple!  

Would MUCH rather have sniffed at bringing Breeland back than Scandrick but oh well. Bit of a headache but bugs me we’d let a homegrown guy who is a solid young player go. Especially after losing fuller. Holsey is a slot player so they may have a lot of faith in Moreau and Dunbar but I hate to see such depth and a strength turn into a thin and weak group. 

5 minutes ago, moondog said:

Would MUCH rather have sniffed at bringing Breeland back than Scandrick but oh well. Bit of a headache but bugs me we’d let a homegrown guy who is a solid young player go. Especially after losing fuller. Holsey is a slot player so they may have a lot of faith in Moreau and Dunbar but I hate to see such depth and a strength turn into a thin and weak group. 

3 years 24 mil vs 2 years 10.  I'm sure if Breeland would have signed for that we might have kept him

44 minutes ago, carex said:

Fabien Moreau, Quintin Dunbar, Josh Holsey.  All as young or younger than the guys we lost.  Scandrick is just there for a little experience

I think DHall would be a safer bet back at CB than Scandrick if we are going the 47 year old CB route

57 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Replacing young guys like Fuller and Breeland with 30+ year old Scandrick who was a bum in Dallas(not even in PFF's top 100 CBs)...

Some things never change.

You realize Kirk was NOT signing here. We NEEDED a QB. Alex Smith would fit in our system and it cost us Fuller. It sucks but QB is more important

3 minutes ago, kiingspadee said:

You realize Kirk was NOT signing here. We NEEDED a QB. Alex Smith would fit in our system and it cost us Fuller. It sucks but QB is more important

I don't think you're  following.  The current narrative is Bruce decided to screw us by trading Fuller so he could sign Scandrick... 

There’s a part of me that wants Haskins, but a part of me doesn’t. I remember us getting Wilkerson and Stubby and thinking these two together would do amazing things. Wilkerson turned out okay. Stubby was a bum. 

Hankins is a quality line man and a known quantity. Part of me wants to grow the position by the draft. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

There’s a part of me that wants Haskins, but a part of me doesn’t. I remember us getting Wilkerson and Stubby and thinking these two together would do amazing things. Wilkerson turned out okay. Stubby was a bum. 

Hankins is a quality line man and a known quantity. Part of me wants to grow the position by the draft. 

Couldn't have said it better my self..

5 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

CB situation is pretty much dependent on how Moreau turns out. If he’s as good as the coaches think he will be, CB is fine. 

Dunbar proved himself adequately, Norman is Norman, and I guess we have Hosley and Scandrick as depth

I posted that he was going to be a special team's guy. And while I still believe he'll be that, I can see him playing in a backup role behind Moreau. Watching last years games, Fabian stood out a little bit on special teams. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

You mean Big Daddy Wilkinson?  Yeah still a let down but 4x better than Stubby who hurt himself walking on stairs. Lol

So because you have bad memories of the defensive lineman FAs of the past, you’d rather just ignore the position and try our hand in a draft with no third and a desperate need for a back and most likely corner there early?

Right now we’re banking on guys to merely improve and hope to keep up with the Eagles of whom have only gotten better.

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

As stated earlier I think most of us, when we think of Free Agent DT’s we have signed shudder just a bit. 

That bring said I still want Hankins.

53 minutes ago, Burgold said:

How about C. Griffin?  B. Cofield?  Lot of us wanted L. Joseph years back.  Hankins last year.  All played well.   Funny thing is they are all ex-Giants -- maybe that's the common thread, its safe to take an ex-Giant D lineman? :ols:

Though in all seriousness -- rewards go to the bold.  We can't just assume Bruce is going to sign the wrong guy.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/1/9/16867564/playoffs-salary-cap-free-agent-spending-jaguars-eagles-patriots

No team epitomizes modern team-building quite like the Jaguars. Bouye and Campbell are Defensive Player of the Year candidates, and along with homegrown talents like cornerback Jalen Ramsey and defensive lineman Yannick Ngakoue, they are arguably the league’s best defense, ranking second in takeaways, points against, and sacks. How suddenly can things change? In 2016, they were 30th in takeaways, 25th in points against, and tied for 19th in sacks. They are the perfect example of how to make a team work quickly with new pieces. The Jaguars would not be in this position without hitting on draft picks like Ramsey, but they also wouldn’t be here if not for the money they spent, either.

Archived