Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Now I am feeling intimidated here speaking to you, especially with that dig you just shot at me but out of respect to you my reply is below. Maybe I misread you, maybe I read you correctly. Either way I don't see it doing me any good to argue with a moderator when I think they are wrong. It would only cause me issues that I don't need. Everyone's entitled to an opinion so this is the only reply I will give to this subject of "the more significant reason for the last two season ending losses is the Defense and not Kirk Cousins" which isn't supported by any metrics out there in my opinion.

No need to feel intimidated, we are posters first, Mods second. As long as you don’t break any rules, and you haven’t here, you’re fine, and that applies to all of us. There really was no point in even mentioning this. Also, I’m not sure why you think I took a shot at you, you definitely did read it wrong. 

As for the points you made here, I’m going to save everyone from another Kirk debate and start with the fact that my post still stands and I believe refutes everything you’ve said here. 

So without going into each point you made in detail, the key is that I never said Kirk’s play was good or acceptable, just that there is a context for it. So your Kirk stats mean little to this discussion, and your Eli stats even less. 

I believe the run defense had more of a negative impact than anything else, including Kirk’s play which was directly affected by it (and not just his, but the entire offense’s, both in play calling and in performance). I’m 99% sure that if they performed better, and the TOP was more even in those losses (I certainly don’t agree with you downplaying those numbers there), that Jay/McVay, Kirk and the passing game would’ve eventually got it going, even if it took until the 4th quarter. Because that’s what has happened in the past -  even against the same team. 

Any game that follows a similar script is going to be tough on our offense. It’s not about Kirk, Alex, Jay, McVay, whoever. It’s tough when you’re not getting possessions consistently, sitting on the bench for 6-8 minutes at a time, and doing that against a defense that can completely shut down your own rushing attack. I don’t see anyone doing well in that scenario, so it’s no surprise to me that that’s exactly what happened in both games. 

A team like the Giants who suck at running the ball should not have been able to. It’s inexcusable. And it absolutely affected and impacted the performance of everyone else offensively. 

In the end, we both agree that the run defense needs to be fixed immediately. It’s the biggest problem. You’re just going to have to forgive me for seeing it as such in those Giants’ games, as well. :) 

Sign Hankins! 

28 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

I think Williams and Logan could be guys that could come in and help the D-line. However, Hankins is young and his best football is stil ahead of him. Comes down to the money though. Skins are bargain hunting not sure Hankins will do a one year prove it deal.

Bruce Allen has a chance to make up for some of the love lost towards him by signing Hankins

so he probably won't pull the trigger

55 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

Stop playin’!!

Legit not playing.  I tried snapping a pic.  But I realized to late as it was taxiing

34 minutes ago, Coolio47 said:

Not really sure what this is meant to imply...is there a FA we're pursuing that I'm not aware of?

I think Hankins is from jersey.  I'm just posting what I saw.  We're doing work on the taxiway and I saw redskins 1 I've seen it before

On that note bed time just worked 19hr and have to be back in 5

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

Everything is a possibility at the right price. Joeckel was drafted #2 overall for a reason and did look better at guard last year. Leonard Davis is a great example of a guy who resurrected his career that way. Hell, the Skins got some good games out of Mike Williams in a similar situation. So it's definitely possible. Just at what cost? I wouldn't sign him for $5 million, but at half that he seems worth a flyer

Anything is possible but........ I just can't see paying this guy anything over minimum on a one year prove it deal. He got good money to go to Seattle. That line was atrocious. And he wasn't even the best OL. We'd be better off bringing back Lauvou ( however you spell it) As bad as he maybe, he's a known commodity. And I'm not interested in bringing him back at all.

4 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Ever get the feeling that your better off just not starting because no matter what your probably gonna lose? Maybe you have, that's how your reply left me. I don't want to argue with you, we are all entitled to opinions right? You said this

<MOD EDIT, RULE 11, DON’T QUOTE VIDS/PICS/LARGE CHUNKS OF TEXT> 

Dude, the last two seasons finale against what should have been an inferior divisional foe came up goose eggs. All these folks still crying over Cousins like he did something other than stuff his pockets and stat sheet. We get a QB who's more experienced and most importantly wants to be here. Cousins wears purple not burgundy and gold. Time for those folks to move on, cause Mr Smith is in DC now. And I only worry about my team.

So did the Redskins cut McClain today? If not, how could they sign Hankins without looking totally incompetent for not cutting him? Or for matter draft a DT in the first round?  (note McClain had to be cut today or he'd be guaranteed 3 mil). 

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

So did the Redskins cut McClain today? If not, how could they sign Hankins without looking totally incompetent for not cutting him? Or for matter draft a DT in the first round?  (note McClain had to be cut today or he'd be guaranteed 3 mil). 

Mcclain and mcgee are potential post June 1st cuts. Right now it's too big of a bullet to bite (about $7,000,000 in dead cap weight)

38 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Set up nicely for a couple of moves. Hankins clearly needs to be done, wonder if that's a game to go cheaper on Logan.

Also like the fact we have multiple options on the go at OLB and CB. 

Morning fellow Brit, Logan was possibly the best available 2 days ago, but now Hankins has become available out of the blue and personally I think he's only behind Suh in all the DT/NT who were available this year, if we want to be one of the best DL'S we cannot allow Hankins to leave without him becoming a Washington Redskin. There is no way a real GM would let Hankins leave the building without signing him for his team to a LTD, Allen has got a chance to go up in my estimation if he signs Hankins, surely even Allen can't **** this up.

HTTR 

6 hours ago, boston skins fan said:

Legit not playing.  I tried snapping a pic.  But I realized to late as it was taxiing

I think Hankins is from jersey.  I'm just posting what I saw.  We're doing work on the taxiway and I saw redskins 1 I've seen it before

On that note bed time just worked 19hr and have to be back in 5

Skins might have flown in to pick up Hankins.  He played for the Giants for his first 4 years so he probably has a home there.  Also, DRC last played for the Giants so maybe it's for him.  

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Yes, what i was meaning was he won't offset one of our comp picks we have netted for next year.

He can't any player straight out released will not count against any of our comp picks.  That's what Allen is doing is building up as many comp picks as he can dealing with released players.  Will have 3 or 4 comp picks next year, I believe when all is said and done.

Yikes!  Seems like we need to wrap up Hankins and any other D holes then focus entirely on drafting Oline...LOL

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season?utm_content=buffer7beac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

21. Washington Redskins

Total pressures surrendered: 181
Best player: Brandon Scherff
Combinations used: 27

While Washington fielded two elite offensive linemen to start the season in left tackle Trent Williams and right guard Brandon Scherff, both of them struggled to stay on the field in 2017. As a matter of fact, the entire Washington line was marred by injuries a season ago as a whopping 11 offensive linemen played at least 140 snaps for the Redskins in 2017. The injuries had their impact and the Washington offensive line never really got into rhythm over the season. Redskins running backs averaged just 1.29 yards before contact, the fifth-fewest in the NFL while the unit allowed 25 sacks on the season, tied for the sixth-most.

Archived