Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Agreed. And it sends a good message to prospective free agents and current players. Do your job and you will be rewarded. Personally, I think Brown got overpaid. there is no denying his run stuffing ability. But he is a liability in the passing game.

Good news is last year was a bit of an anomoly. Or so I read. He was a good pass-defender in Buffalo. IDK how true that is but it seemed to be a legit observation.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Good news is last year was a bit of an anomoly. Or so I read. He was a good pass-defender in Buffalo. IDK how true that is but it seemed to be a legit observation.

Personally I don't think he was ever supposed to play that role... that Foster was going to be the ILB lined up in situations where one of the two was lined up in man coverage, so he focused on one role all camp and preseason, then had to change back to fill the need. 

@JamesMadisonSkins

Agree with a lot of that.  A bit risky to wait on NT till late, but I can see the argument.  

My take on the NT position - when Manusky/Tomsula spoke about the position last year, I think it makes sense to view those words through the lens of - the FO didn’t give them any serious resources at NT - basically Taylor, and some UDFAs, and then miscast NT options like Hood, McGee, Francis and even Ioannidas.  Through that lens, those words were coach speak.  The only NT they really praised was Taylor (the only true, talented NT).  Looking at who they’ve reportedly been interested in - Poe, Vea, Payne, Logan - furthers the argument that they really want a NT.  Add to all of that the report of players clamoring for a NT... I’d say it’s definitely a staple of this defense, they just haven’t found an answer yet.  

16 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

And next year cousins/ fuller still 29 million and hb/as would/will be about 35 million.   

And we need to get the comp pick,  and then turn it into something good. 

And switching guys isn't safer than guys you know work in your system. 

Plus locker room stuff and how players feel,  like swearingers comments. 

But BA had no chance to sign cousins and  cause cousins didn't want to be here, so it didn't matter.

Not beating a dead horse but , Fuller would be in a contract year  and if he is the best he gets paid like the best or you have to franchise him.  So that would be 28 plus 15mil+?.

The comp pick is going to be the first issued as of now 3rd rd..

3 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Not beating a dead horse but , Fuller would be in a contract year  and if he is the best he gets paid like the best or you have to franchise him.  So that would be 28 plus 15mil+?.

The comp pick is going to be the first issued as of now 3rd rd..

Again that's why I said there wad more too it.  Things that could be talked about that weren't really FA talk because it would lead to nowhere unless we jumped into an alternate reality where it was what happened.

I don't disagree there are other factors.  But the second we traded for Smith it all went out the window.

Craig Hoffman Retweeted Mike Garafolo

This is...ominous

Craig Hoffman added,

Mike GarafoloVerified account @MikeGarafolo
    With Bashaud Breeland, there was a non-football incident that occured recently, a source said. It was supposedly nothing that would hold up a deal. Guess it was,
    0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

I

11 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Maybe we need a new medical staff. Lol

This is actually somethign I have been saying. They are doing something wrong. How many "injury" prone guys go to a new team and play healthy? Orakpo for example. Too many injuries and things that I really think they are hurting us in the longrun

Isn't it fitting that after this injury plagued season two players that were able to suit up in the last game (and most of the season) are the only guys to fail a physical. 

That's 2 comp picks probably gone. They will never get the same type of contract elsewhere. 

Midway through the offseason and injuries are still hurting us!

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kimberley A. Martin Retweeted Bill Voth

Wow.

Kimberley A. Martin added,

Bill Voth @PanthersBill
CB Bashaud Breeland failed a physical and won’t be signing with the Panthers.
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

1kgt8e.jpg

19 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'd take Breeland back in a hot-minute.... That would leave RB and DT as the only major need....

and I am still advocating to sign Suh..... Draft Roquan Smith or move back and draft Taven Bryan and then take Derius Guice in the 2nd.

BOOM

NT, Slot corner and G too.  

Overall order -

1) NT - currently have 1 guy that has proven an inability to make an impact (I’m not getting into it with PS or futures guys)

2) slot corner - one guy that is totally unproven and a guy we really want to stay on the outside

3) RB - good depth, mediocre starters

4) G - several meh options, though there is some potential 

5) DT and OLB - solid starters, but no one trusted to rotate in or back them up

6) outside corner and receiver - reasonable starters, but just some ok or unproven depth (though with some potential) and could use an upgrade/addition

I like Breeland (and Smith), but I believe we have more pressing needs.  Guice though... you’re speaking my language there. :)

Archived