Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 hour ago, daveakl said:

I'm starting to wonder about Dan Snyder's liquidity these days. Allen's frugalness seems extreme for nearly any team at this point. But for the Redskins, it's insane.

There is no way of learning this, but I wonder if all the weird investments over the years - Six Flags, whatever that thing with Tom Cruise was, Johnny Rockets, Red Zebra - have started to impact the one true cash cow in Dan's portfolio.

For a large part of Dan's reign, the Redskins were able to use their money advantage to overpay on signing bonuses - cash kills cap, etc. Art once wrote a piece on it, mocking other teams. Now, we are exclusively bargain hunters.

I don't know  Low-balling players has always been Bruce's MO.

You've chosen to ignore content by BatteredFanSyndrome. Options 

LOL stop bothering me BSF and take the advice given to you at the top of page 137 before replying to me.

This is completely off topic so I apologize to the Gods of the forum but damn this happens every day to me with that guy and he just wont take the hint. 

35 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think I would bring Crabtree in for a visit when he gets cut. The guy isnt a speed demon but he is a poor mans Garcon and we need some veteran's in the WR room. Plus no effect on Comp picks!

Plus 1 Please. Would love to see this happen and if he's cut won't hurt them getting comp picks next year. 

26 minutes ago, DC9 said:

The "If" is too good to pass up.

I think he was the highest rated QB since Elway to come out in the draft.  His skillset is unreal, just health, of course.

Heard a quote yesterday about Sam's money I have to share. Aaron Rodgers was drafted in 2005 and Sam Bradford was drafted in 2010. Both have made over 130 million in their careers to this point but Sam's made 5 million more lol

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

And that talent is still evident when he plays. He just doesnt play very often :)

Which means we will see Mike Glennon starting for the Cardinals at some point this year lol

4 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Jordy Nelson on his way to the Raiders it looks like. Know some of you liked the idea of bringing him in. 

I took the plunge in saying I would like to sign Jordy, and if the Raiders do it that means Crabs becomes available and I would love to see them sign him too. Both would be Veteran leaders on the team and help all these new guys. Or would the Raiders trade Amari Cooper? I'd do that too. The Raiders have a lot of great receivers

14 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

You've chosen to ignore content by BatteredFanSyndrome. Options 

LOL stop bothering me BSF and take the advice given to you at the top of page 137 before replying to me.

This is completely off topic so I apologize to the Gods of the forum but damn this happens every day to me with that guy and he just wont take the hint. 

I was clearly on topic in regards to free agency and whether its a result of the team being ran better.  Which is exactly what you were talking about.

Spare me this pity party about responding to you.  As if I haven't been wondering how a guy who "ignores me" is capable of quoting and responding to my posts.  You have done it over the past week or so and if I have to find it, I will.

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

@Lombardi's_kid_brother No need to worry about Daniel Snyder

All numbers in milion dollars

2017 2016 2015
Player Expenses 196 193 170
Operating Income 146 115 124,9
Revenu 482 447 439
Value 3100 2950 2850

We are only behind Dallas, New England and New York in total franchise value. 

I think the classic quote from Lions fans is that the owner is cheap? Their operating income (net of stadium revenues used for debt payments), was in the red (below zero) between 2010 and 2014. But still made a yearly revenue in that periode between 200 en 250 milion. 

Source: the internet. (or Forbes https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/#/page:3

Franchise value and operating income are not the same as liquidity.

I like the Redskins approach so far.  I had Richardson pegged as the Tyreek Hill component for Smith some time ago.  (Just to be clear I don’t think Richardson is as good as Hill I also thought Albert Wilson was a real possibility).  I don’t get the lust for the big name signings.  When I think Redskins I think first of Albert Haynesworth then of off seasons with more free agent signings than draft picks.  I don’t think Sheldon Richardson or Suh seem worth the coin.  I would hesitate on Poe (has a bad back) but might entertain Logan particularly if Vae isn’t the pick.  Your run defense was horrid (statistically worse than the Chiefs but I think the Chiefs performed worse). I thought Logan performed reasonably well, the real issue were the linebackers behind him.  I would try to sign Zac Brown. 

The scenrio I think is best for skins is Vae as the draft pick with the resigning of Brown.  Obviously Logan would give you more flexibility come draft time.  The signing of Logan then with a trade down might be almost as appealing.  Adding Logan with Van Der Esch also seems like a good scenario.

What kind of compensation do you think Washington could receive for Reed?  I personally think 3rd round is a view through Burgundy glasses but I think if you could generate a third or fourth rounder it would be worth it.

21 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I wonder what the Dolphins are up to?  Just clearing cap space?

Edited....Oh, I see what they are up to.....

They just traded for the Rams starting Center plus signed a starting guard for the price of Pouncey. Not a bad days work.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Philly added about 5 pieces to put them over the top.  They were a VERY good team and had a very good defense in 2016.  They were in every game and almost beat us both times (I was at the game in Philly).  They just literally had no weapons.  They weren't as bad off as people thought they were and as we saw in the playoffs they were very well coached.

Everyone on here seemed to disagree with me that they were just a few weapons away... well, they got a bunch of RBs and Alshon.

Thing is, the difference between winning and losing in the NFL is at such a tight margin.  Let us take a look at our season as an example.  In that first game against the Eagles, we were just an interception away from taking the lead in the early 4th and if Doctston doesn't drop that pass against KC, we probably start the season 5-0.  Call the obvious hold when Carson Wentz scrambled for a first down on their last TD drive, we'd have been in that one at least until late in Q4. A blocked FG in the Dallas game that could have put us up 16-7 going into the half and likely have won it 23-19. If we could execute a basic QB sneak, we would have beat NO, even after that, the call on Fuller that negated his interception was a bit questionable. If Kirk Cousin does not throw an interception at the end of the half against Minnesota, we might have had a real chance to pull that one.  Big time injury issues. Win those and avoid injuries while winning the ones we did, we are the ones going into the last game with the division and probably HFA.  Look at it the other way round, wins over LA, SFO, Seattle and Arizona could easily have been losses.  If we had lost those, we'd likely be the cellar team of the NFC east and in either case you aren't really talking about much difference in the level of play between going 13-3, 7-9 and 3-13.

27 minutes ago, DC9 said:

And as a lot of us are trying to say... he isn't THE difference between us and a ring.

Yeah I wonder if Richardson is out with Seattle with them hot on Suh.  That leaves the Vikings -- talk about the rich getting richer. 

Funny the NFL Network has had a person at Redskins Park for 2 days and she's just twiddling her thumb more or less.  She's about to come on again maybe she has some inside info finally.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I wonder if Richardson is out with Seattle with them hot on Suh.  That leaves the Vikings -- talk about the rich getting richer. 

Funny the NFL Network has had a person at Redskins Park for 2 days and she's just twiddling her thumb more or less.  She's about to come on again maybe she has some inside info finally.

her comments earlier about LB and CB both needing players seems off.  yeah, LB sure, but we've lost one and still have three un-signed and don't have a huge amount of high upside depth, while a CB we've lost two, but have two guys with upside and no one else in danger of being lost

6 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Breaking News: According to reports, the Carolina Panthers are signing Former Falcons DT Dontari Poe to a 3-year/$27M deal. 

Not worth 9 million a year. Glad they passed. Still need a NT but the draft is coming so they can get one there

They have Shorts and signed a replacement for Star, right? Little weird move  

I'm surprised we haven't heard from Jess McLoughan on how Bruce is handling things.  Ha

Glad we passed on Poe for that money but that forces our hand on Vea or Payne so one better fall. 

If we can sign Honey  Badger (it'd be worth it for his youth and versatility and Nicholson's unproven health for 16 games), we can be ok with DT vs a Derwin James or CB if they fall.  Though we might not be able to pass from James but then he'd have to be our leading tackler without a stud NT/DT. 

Seems like we have a clear 7/8mil per year upper limit. Happy enough with that, we also get to preserve our 3rd round comp pick next year by keeping a lid on contracts.

However, I would pay big for HB and the bonus is he was released so no effect on comp picks.

Archived