Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

17 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

We were predicting next season's record and I was far more optimistic than most, having them above .500 with a few tweeks. But even as one of the most optimistic posters I never thought we were just these additions away from the Eagles who just won the Super Bowl and then add a top 5 QB, All Pro DE and several other improvements.   We have a lot more holes than a RB, Suh, and an ILB can fill.  

And that team that just won the SB was destroyed by Chip Kelly who thought he was a brilliant strategist.  It has only taken them a couple of years to undo the mess he created because they hired football guys in their FO that knew what the **** they were doing.  

The Redskins are now, today in worst shape then they were last year.  They have to make some moves today on what is left.  First of all unless Galettte is asking for the moon you resign him.  It takes two years post achilles and he is has had two tears to get back to form.   This would be his second year.   And I would sign Suh if he is available.   Poe is going to cost too much at this point.  

Now DRC is a good vet possibly a bit more in the tank.  Sign him if you can.  But right now this a very poor showing from the FO in free agency with the exception of Smith.  

6 hours ago, mojo said:

I like Paul and wish him the best but let’s face it, his main contribution was on special teams and good teams find those players in later draft rounds.  Not saying we can do it, but good teams do.

The teams special teams once again were sucky last year. We need to replace Niles to improve this. I think the TE position is a problem now because the top two don’t block. Losing Niles means they are in the market for a blocking TE who also plays teams well and that’s hard to find. 

I always liked him, seemed to always want to do whatever it took to make his mark in the league. He was drafted as a receiver, gave that up to become a TE and became a stud teamer. True player in my eyes. Sad to see him go especially knowing how bad teams have been lately

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would have agreed with trading Reed until yesterday. But have you all seen what TE's got paid yesterday? If Reed plays 8 games this year his salary is worth it.

I've said before and will again.  I don't think Reed will ever play a 1/2 season with the Redskins the rest of his Redskin's career.  Too many concusses and injuries.  That's why you TRY and trade him now and get what you can for him and save salary cap space and use it either on FA or extensions with Scherrf and Smith.

IF Poe and Skins are deadlocked at money you move on to the next candidate, Logan who also plays NT but doesn't have the pass rush ability as a NT that Poe has.  Poe also has had back issues in the past so that might be what's holding the Skins up to some degree.  You also have Sheldon Richardson out there and there was interest from the Skins.  They need not sit in one spot too long on a player and move on to another talented one while they last.

15 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

And that team that just won the SB was destroyed by Chip Kelly who thought he was a brilliant strategist.  It has only taken them a couple of years to undo the mess he created because they hired football guys in their FO that knew what the **** they were doing.  

The Redskins are now, today in worst shape then they were last year.  They have to make some moves today on what is left.  First of all unless Galettte is asking for the moon you resign him.  It takes two years post achilles and he is has had two tears to get back to form.   This would be his second year.   And I would sign Suh if he is available.   Poe is going to cost too much at this point.  

Now DRC is a good vet possibly a bit more in the tank.  Sign him if you can.  But right now this a very poor showing from the FO in free agency with the exception of Smith.  

After 20 years it should be pretty clear that the Redskins can not do what the Eagles did.  As you said they hired smart football people, we have Bruce Allen. 

And by tying up so much money into a player who is another dirty play away from another suspension you have just handcuffed your ability to fill all the other needs they have on this roster.  

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Poe wants his big money deal after taking the stance on a one year deal last year. Logan will be the same. Not sure I'd commit a hugh deal to Poe.

I would agree.  I'd rather go with a healthier player, as we know at this time that will cost less and will stuff the run.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Poe wants his big money deal after taking the stance on a one year deal last year. Logan will be the same. Not sure I'd commit a hugh deal to Poe.

To me Logan is a poor mans Poe.  Still hoping on Richardson. As for Logan I wouldn't hate it though, at least judging by twitter he doesn't seem to be hotly pursued at the moment so if that's reality his price tag might not be high.  I'd go Richardson by far #1 at DT. Poe by far #2.  Logan #3. 

I disagree with some of the rankings and some of it is outdated.  But its a good overview of whose left.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/78495/309/top-50-nfl-free-agents-left?sf184484043=1

1. Nate Solder – Easily free agency’s top LT. DEN, NYG, HOU, and NE all reportedly have interest. 
2. Kyle Fuller – Not technically FA; has Bears transition tag. 26yo CB coming off breakout season. 
3. Ndamukong Suh – Still playing at extremely high level at age 31. His market’s been quiet so far. 
4. Sheldon Richardson – 27yo DT with some off-field flags. Disruptive vs. run and pass on the field. 
5. Justin Pugh – 27yo OG/RT has missed 13 games the past two seasons to back and knee injuries. 
6. Dontari Poe – Massive NT shined on one-year, $8M Falcons deal last season. Turns 28 in Sept. 
7. E.J. Gaines – 26yo was difference-maker CB when in lineup for Bills defense. Long injury history. 
8. A.J. McCarron – Market has been cold. BUF or return to CIN may be best options at this point. 
9. Kenny Vaccaro – 15th overall pick in 2013 draft offers safety/slot CB versatility. Just turned 27. 
10. Adrian Clayborn – 29yo DL had career-high 9.5 sacks last season, although 6 came in 1 game. 
11. Julius Peppers – Turned 38 in January. Still effective situational pass rusher; 11 sacks in 2017. 
12. Josh Sitton – 31yo cut twice in last 3 years. Was PFF’s No. 6-graded OG with Bears last year. 
13. Jordy Nelson – Visiting OAK. If Raiders sign Jordy, they’re expected to cut Michael Crabtree. 
14. Morgan Burnett – Defensive chess piece has played safety, slot CB, nickel/dime linebacker. 
15. Bennie Logan – 28-year-old NT was signed to plug run by Chiefs, who struggled against run. 
16. Navorro Bowman – Finished last season strong in OAK. 29-year-old best suited for 3-4 ILB. 
17. Josh Kline – 28yo OG started in TEN & NE last 3 years. Reportedly nearing deal with Titans. 
18. DaQuan Jones – Run-stopping five-technique DE or NT in 3-4. Recovering from torn biceps. 
19. Eric Reid – 26yo played FS, SS, WLB for 49ers. Lost starting SS job to Jaquiski Tartt last year. 
20. Jack Mewhort – Recurring knee injuries cost Colts best OG 17 games last 2 years. Only 26yo. 
21. Ryan Jensen – 26yo can play all 3 interior OL positions. Started 16 games at C for ’17 Ravens. 
22. Austin Seferian-Jenkins – NO, SEA, NYJ, ATL all reportedly interested in 25-year-old tight end. 
23. Tyler Eifert – Missed 40-of-64 games (63%) last 4 years. Should accept incentive-based deal. 
24. Carlos Hyde – Tackle-breaking RB with passing-game limitations. Finally stayed healthy in ’17. 
25. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – Cut by NYG. Still quality slot corner at age 31. Visited WAS. 
26. Jerick McKinnon – Poor man’s Alvin Kamara with arrow pointing up as in-space playmaker. 
27. Zach Brown – Inconsistent but rangy 28yo off-ball linebacker. Has played 3-4 ILB & 4-3 WLB. 
28. Nigel Bradham – 3-down WLB with sketchy off-field past. Favorite of Eagles DC Jim Schwartz. 
29. Demario Davis – Three-down inside linebacker led Jets in sacks (5) & NFL in solo tackles (97). 
30. Morris Claiborne – Man-to-man corner plagued by groin, foot, knee, and hamstring injuries. 
31. Rashaan Melvin – Man-to-man CB had breakout ’17 in Indy before year-ending hand injury. 
32. Patrick Robinson -- 30yo journeyman had career year as Eagles slot CB. Long injury history. 
33. T.J. Carrie – 27yo has played outside CB, S, slot CB. Broke out as Raiders slot corner in ’17. 
34. Johnathan Joseph – 33yo CB gave up too many big plays last season. Wants to stay in HOU. 
35. Tre Boston – Solidified Chargers FS position with career-high 5 interceptions. 26 in June. 
36. Terrelle Pryor – Busted as free agent with Redskins after 1,000-yard season with Browns. 
37. Mike Wallace – Still quality role player at age 31. Led BAL in receiving yards last 2 seasons. 
38. Pernell McPhee – 29yo pass rusher cut by Bears. Has balky knees. Produces when healthy. 
39. Todd Davis – 25-year-old ILB excels vs. run, struggles in coverage. Broncos want him back. 
40. Preston Brown – Earned Bills 3-down MLB job in ’17. Has minimal playmaking production. 
41. Trent Murphy – Had 9 sacks in 2016. Missed 2017 with ACL/MCL tear & 4-game PEDs ban. 
42. Jordan Matthews – 25yo slot WR coming off knee/ankle surgery, career-worst year in BUF. 
43. Jay Bromley – 25yo rotational DT managed 2 sacks in 4 seasons (55 games) for the Giants. 
44. Rex Burkhead – Versatile RB/special teamer totaled 518 yards, 8 TDs in 10 games for Pats. 
45. Kendall Wright – 28yo slot WR led Bears in catches (59) & receiving yards (614) last year. 
46. Davon House – Big-bodied 28yo CB was up and down in 12 starts for last year’s Packers. 
47. Eric Decker – Should be available cheaply after pedestrian season in TEN. Still only 31yo. 
48. Delvin Breaux – Not tendered as RFA by Saints. Super-talented corner has battled injuries. 
49. Junior Galette – Disruptive situational pass rusher with checkered off-field/injury history. 
50. William Hayes – Was Dolphins best all-around DE before year-ending hamstring surgery.

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'm still think we are in the Honey Badger war. I think we've got DRC on speed dial if we miss out.

Hope you are right.  I saw one of these self proclaimed insider types list 8 teams interested, Giants among them.  Redskins weren't one of the teams. 

Finlay yesterday thought it was doubtful and he thought DRC was more up their speed as for FA desires.   But sounded like he was guessing there versus being tipped off. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

T

I disagree with some of the rankings and some of it is outdated.  But its a good overview of whose left.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/78495/309/top-50-nfl-free-agents-left?sf184484043=1

1. Nate Solder – Easily free agency’s top LT. DEN, NYG, HOU, and NE all reportedly have interest.  (Signed with the Giants)
2. Kyle Fuller – Not technically FA; has Bears transition tag. 26yo CB coming off breakout season. 
3. Ndamukong Suh – Still playing at extremely high level at age 31. His market’s been quiet so far. 
4. Sheldon Richardson – 27yo DT with some off-field flags. Disruptive vs. run and pass on the field. 
5. Justin Pugh – 27yo OG/RT has missed 13 games the past two seasons to back and knee injuries. 
6. Dontari Poe – Massive NT shined on one-year, $8M Falcons deal last season. Turns 28 in Sept. 
7. E.J. Gaines – 26yo was difference-maker CB when in lineup for Bills defense. Long injury history. 
8. A.J. McCarron – Market has been cold. BUF or return to CIN may be best options at this point.  (Signed with Buffalo)
9. Kenny Vaccaro – 15th overall pick in 2013 draft offers safety/slot CB versatility. Just turned 27. 
10. Adrian Clayborn – 29yo DL had career-high 9.5 sacks last season, although 6 came in 1 game. 
11. Julius Peppers – Turned 38 in January. Still effective situational pass rusher; 11 sacks in 2017. 
12. Josh Sitton – 31yo cut twice in last 3 years. Was PFF’s No. 6-graded OG with Bears last year. 
13. Jordy Nelson – Visiting OAK. If Raiders sign Jordy, they’re expected to cut Michael Crabtree. 
14. Morgan Burnett – Defensive chess piece has played safety, slot CB, nickel/dime linebacker. 
15. Bennie Logan – 28-year-old NT was signed to plug run by Chiefs, who struggled against run. 
16. Navorro Bowman – Finished last season strong in OAK. 29-year-old best suited for 3-4 ILB. 
17. Josh Kline – 28yo OG started in TEN & NE last 3 years. Reportedly nearing deal with Titans. 
18. DaQuan Jones – Run-stopping five-technique DE or NT in 3-4. Recovering from torn biceps. 
19. Eric Reid – 26yo played FS, SS, WLB for 49ers. Lost starting SS job to Jaquiski Tartt last year. 
20. Jack Mewhort – Recurring knee injuries cost Colts best OG 17 games last 2 years. Only 26yo. 
21. Ryan Jensen – 26yo can play all 3 interior OL positions. Started 16 games at C for ’17 Ravens. 
22. Austin Seferian-Jenkins – NO, SEA, NYJ, ATL all reportedly interested in 25-year-old tight end. 
23. Tyler Eifert – Missed 40-of-64 games (63%) last 4 years. Should accept incentive-based deal. 
24. Carlos Hyde – Tackle-breaking RB with passing-game limitations. Finally stayed healthy in ’17. (Signed with Cleveland) 
25. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – Cut by NYG. Still quality slot corner at age 31. Visited WAS. 
26. Jerick McKinnon – Poor man’s Alvin Kamara with arrow pointing up as in-space playmaker.  (Signed with San Fran)
27. Zach Brown – Inconsistent but rangy 28yo off-ball linebacker. Has played 3-4 ILB & 4-3 WLB. 
28. Nigel Bradham – 3-down WLB with sketchy off-field past. Favorite of Eagles DC Jim Schwartz. 
29. Demario Davis – Three-down inside linebacker led Jets in sacks (5) & NFL in solo tackles (97). 
30. Morris Claiborne – Man-to-man corner plagued by groin, foot, knee, and hamstring injuries. 
31. Rashaan Melvin – Man-to-man CB had breakout ’17 in Indy before year-ending hand injury. 
32. Patrick Robinson -- 30yo journeyman had career year as Eagles slot CB. Long injury history. 
33. T.J. Carrie – 27yo has played outside CB, S, slot CB. Broke out as Raiders slot corner in ’17. 
34. Johnathan Joseph – 33yo CB gave up too many big plays last season. Wants to stay in HOU. (Signed with Cleveland)
35. Tre Boston – Solidified Chargers FS position with career-high 5 interceptions. 26 in June. 
36. Terrelle Pryor – Busted as free agent with Redskins after 1,000-yard season with Browns. 
37. Mike Wallace – Still quality role player at age 31. Led BAL in receiving yards last 2 seasons. 
38. Pernell McPhee – 29yo pass rusher cut by Bears. Has balky knees. Produces when healthy. 
39. Todd Davis – 25-year-old ILB excels vs. run, struggles in coverage. Broncos want him back. 
40. Preston Brown – Earned Bills 3-down MLB job in ’17. Has minimal playmaking production. 
41. Trent Murphy – Had 9 sacks in 2016. Missed 2017 with ACL/MCL tear & 4-game PEDs ban. (Signed with Buffalo)
42. Jordan Matthews – 25yo slot WR coming off knee/ankle surgery, career-worst year in BUF. 
43. Jay Bromley – 25yo rotational DT managed 2 sacks in 4 seasons (55 games) for the Giants. 
44. Rex Burkhead – Versatile RB/special teamer totaled 518 yards, 8 TDs in 10 games for Pats. (Signed with NE) 
45. Kendall Wright – 28yo slot WR led Bears in catches (59) & receiving yards (614) last year. 
46. Davon House – Big-bodied 28yo CB was up and down in 12 starts for last year’s Packers. 
47. Eric Decker – Should be available cheaply after pedestrian season in TEN. Still only 31yo. 
48. Delvin Breaux – Not tendered as RFA by Saints. Super-talented corner has battled injuries. 
49. Junior Galette – Disruptive situational pass rusher with checkered off-field/injury history. 
50. William Hayes – Was Dolphins best all-around DE before year-ending hamstring surgery.

I think theres a few i couldnt remember off the top of my head too

2 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

The DL market has been extremely quiet. That tells me that the top player's agents are over pricing their clients and no team is willing to make a leap. Probably gonna be a few days before it gets sorted out

Wouldn't surprise me if teams aren't waiting til after the draft too... 2 (maybe 3) big time DTs in the 1st round could be a lot less expensive than these guys

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hope you are right.  I saw one of these self proclaimed insider types list 8 teams interested, Giants among them.  Redskins weren't one of the teams. 

Finlay yesterday thought it was doubtful and he thought DRC was more up their speed as for FA desires.   But sounded like he was guessing there versus being tipped off. 

My hope is that we have 2 or 3 deals on the pending list, awaiting a few things to unfold before deciding where to pull the trigger.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

My hope is that we have 2 or 3 deals on the pending list, awaiting a few things to unfold before deciding where to pull the trigger.

Zach Brown is on that list... he wanted $10 mil a year but with the cat from Philly getting $8mil and being rated 'higher' than Brown... I'd imagine that number comes down a bit and we hear something int he next few days, likely here... unless we are in on Honey Badger, because we would struggle to afford both AND add depth players prior to the draft.   I'd imagine we need to add another WR for the back end and ST... as well as depth at CB and other guys to compete for roster spots number 45 - 53.  

10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Yeah me too.  I get the skepticism some have about the FO in FA.  I don't think much of this regime as to FA either.  But its hard for me to believe they are going low key this off season -- after we kept hearing how aggressive they are going to be and how much appears to be at stake this season.  I was just watching footage of Kirk arrive in Minnesota on NFL Network, and they filmed him like it was the President arriving.   Cameras outside of the Capitol Grill while he was having a meal, etc  If you believe what some beat guys are saying especially Finlay -- the Kirk-Alex stuff will be a major backdrop to the season and they know it.  So that adds to their urgency.  I hope and think that's true will see.

For me the DT market still looks good.  I never wanted a RB in FA anyway.  MLB is starting to concern me.  I just looked up Preston Brown's 40.  It's 4.86.  That's not hot.  I am reading he's more of a thumper type.  To me so is Foster.  You need the Mo MLB to have some speed and range.  I don't want to go into the draft with needs at MLB, LG and RB.  Because I suspect if they do.  That first rounder likely goes to MLB and 2nd to LG (need and BPA won't be far off on those positions).  So RB gets glossed over like it typically does to the later rounds -- and sans Shanny this FO isn't hot picking RBs in the later rounds. 

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Zach Brown is on that list... he wanted $10 mil a year but with the cat from Philly getting $8mil and being rated 'higher' than Brown... I'd imagine that number comes down a bit and we hear something int he next few days, likely here... unless we are in on Honey Badger, because we would struggle to afford both AND add depth players prior to the draft.   I'd imagine we need to add another WR for the back end and ST... as well as depth at CB and other guys to compete for roster spots number 45 - 53.  

I saw Markus Wheaton was cut by the Bears this morning. I would be willing to give him a one year prove it deal. His year last year was a disaster in Chicago. But the guy is a talented player.

I would also kick the the tires on Jack Mewhort. The guy has been a injury nightmare. But he has immense talent as well. And could probably be had for a pretty fair price. 

I'd consider Mewhort too, wanted him drafted. Problem is his knees are fairly screwed so it would have to a very low deal for me to risk.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Mewhort, Ryan Jansen, Jonathan Cooper ... guys I’d like to see us kick tires on at LG. I’d really hate to go into the draft with Nsheke penciled in as a starter. That can be a backup plan but can’t be the plan heading into the draft. 

Would love Jensen but he's talked about as getting the top OC contract in the league, didn't play LG last year, sp he'd want LG money to shift back across.

Why would the Redskins be in on Honey Badger?

First, why would he want to come here? Outside of Swearinger being here.

Second, why would we want to spend most likely 10M+ on another corner?  We already have Norman counting for almost 17M against the cap in 2018.  We just let Breeland walk for 8M APY/11M guaranteed.  We gave away a 750K corner in trade.

11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Eric Reid, Tre Boston, Kenny Vacarro are sneaky names to keep an eye on. With Reid it might depend on what we are internally planning for Cravens

im also intrigued by Bowman if we lose Brown. 29, veteran, local kid. And probably cheap. Would be a good one to stick next to Foster and a mid round pick

Was just coming here to mention Kenny Vaccaro...

Slot CB versatility and SS after missing out on TJ Carrie

Archived