Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

9 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

So possibly 2 years of McCoy and then be starting a rookie QB?  I'm not saying that wouldn't be the best thing for the organization...but to say people would be "pumped" about it is quite a stretch.  Hell, people are pissed when the Skins don't win games by enough points and others (maybe the same people) are ****ting their pants about the upcoming season on day 1 of FA.  I don't think this fan base has the patience you think it does.  ;) 

I'm talking about the people who want an actual rebuild, a new FO and coaching staff, and not half measures. I admit that is probably a small group. 

33 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You don't have to be sorry, it just didn't really have anything to do with what I said. But whatever. We're pretty much in agreement on most stuff, except I have a lot less faith in Gruden than you do.

I think Gruden is playing with a tough hand.  He has to manage past a lot of crap and I think that part of his job can be underestimated.  

Just tough for me to believe that Gruden will be cool with losing all these players without pushing for them to make moves to make up ground.  Beat guys have suggested both Gruden and Bruce are under the gun.  If that's true, its tough for me to see them run with an off season that on its surface looks like they downgraded as opposed to upgraded.

I recall Jerry Reese when he was under the gun with the Giants -- went nuts with upgrades that off season.  And it actually worked at least for that year.  Tough for me to see Bruce going the opposite direction.

My main point though is this still has time to play out.  If some of the key FAs I want are gone.  Then I'll start to panic.  But its not yet for me.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm talking about the people who want an actual rebuild, a new FO and coaching staff, and not half measures. I admit that is probably a small group. 

I'm with ya brother. I just think half of that small group would lose it's will before the light shines on the Skins...and the people who never believed would be unbearable. 

2 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Im really not a fan of our offseason moves thus far. I feel like this is vintage Dan Snyder Circa early 2000's, everything just feels off and very Deja vu , Anyone else feel this way?

How does this feel "circa early 2000s"?

They aren't signing a bunch of older, over-the-hill free agents to HUGE contracts like when Snyder first bought the team.

This is nothing like that at all.

4 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Chris Renkel CBS 42‏ @Chris_Renkel

FollowFollow @Chris_Renkel

More

Source: Oakland Raiders are working to trade for Cincinnati Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict. Bengals just signed Burfict to a 3 year $38 mill extension last season.

-----

The guy is 100% a POS ... but I wouldnt mind him being our POS. 

No thanks to burfict. Cannot control himself and will cost you a game or two out of plain stupidity. Don't like dirty players. You can be very aggressive without being dirty. 

Suh - pass. Too much head baggage there. Need to stay away from these big names with big head problems - does no one remember Albert ****ing Haynesworth??? 

Let's look at the draft or someone with more common sense. 

3 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Chris Renkel CBS 42‏ @Chris_Renkel

FollowFollow @Chris_Renkel

More

Source: Oakland Raiders are working to trade for Cincinnati Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict. Bengals just signed Burfict to a 3 year $38 mill extension last season.

-----

The guy is 100% a POS ... but I wouldnt mind him being our POS. 

Dude is a beast, but that's cancelled out by his bone headed stupid plays that loads to suspensions.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Dianna RussiniVerified account @diannaESPN
I’m told both the Dallas Cowboys and the Seattle Seahawks are interested in DT Ndamukong Suh
1 reply2 retweets2 likes

Anybody else find this odd?  I mean Hawks having a fire sale to get under the cap and Dallas looking to trade/cut Dez to get the cap down.  Smells like its agent generated....:kickcan:

13 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Im really not a fan of our offseason moves thus far. I feel like this is vintage Dan Snyder Circa early 2000's, everything just feels off and very Deja vu , Anyone else feel this way?

I'm OK so far.  Giving Ryan Grant that kind of money would have been crazy.  Long is no loss, he was just a guy and we can do better.  Murphy gave them one good year out of 4 and as we know it could have been with illegal help.  Couldn't afford Bree and Norman so we knew that was coming. They found a tier 2 WR with speed, something they needed badly, at a much lower cost of other receivers that were signed. 

But yeah I'd like them to make some moves, just not early 2000's like moves. There's a middle ground.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

How does this feel "circa early 2000s"?

They aren't signing a bunch of older, over-the-hill free agents to HUGE contracts like when Snyder first bought the team.

This is nothing like that at all.

No but what was the point of trading for Smith if we are not going to bother upgrading both sides of the ball?. We might as well have just gone with McCoy won 5 games this year and get a QB with our top 5 pick. I know we have still got time but I just don't trust Allen at all. 

HTTR 

1 minute ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

It does feel odd but nothing like vintage Dan Snyder. The odd part is watching fairly young Skins players getting signed by other teams.  

I think we dont want to pay tier 2 players, tier 1 money. I like that. I dont want to pay Beau Allen 5m per year. I dont want to pay that CB from the raiders over 7m per year. I dont want to pay Allen Robinson the 16m or whatever he got. I dont want to pay Norwell that huge contract he got. 

We arent a player away and there are 0 players I think are worth a huge offer.  

I also think better caliber players will become available as they become cap casualties. Desean Jackson and Josh Norman were huge late grabs by Bruce Allen. 

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Anybody else find this odd?  I mean Hawks having a fire sale to get under the cap and Dallas looking to trade/cut Dez to get the cap down. :kickcan:

As far as dallass not really. Dez's star had burned out. Last season showed Dak isn't Romo and had a long way to go to get there. Load the box and force Dak to beat you with his arm. That's alotta money for a WR that can't take over a game.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

That's right Jags, pay the man! I didn't think that Grant or Murph would generate a comp pick, so here's gift #3??

Comp pick counter (I don't remember ever doing this in years passed):

Cousins- 3rd

Bree- 5th cancelled out by PRich

Grant- 5th

Murph- 5th

Still waiting on Niles, Long, and Brown to potentially pick up two or three more. I assume we will sign a player or two to negate some of these guys, but still, three comp picks looks likely.

I know many of the comp pick haters think that there's no reason to get excited about "2019 late round picks," but these will also serve as trade bait and draft insurance. 

The Cousins loss should warrant more than just a dam 3rd, I know its the rules, but losing a QB in FA who broke the bank and became the HIGHEST PAID PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY, not to mention he broke the mold getting a fully guaranteed contract... Are you kidding me, we get a 3rd rounder for losing him. **** that, the front office and Snyder should be looking to Goddell to changing the rule on compensatory picks.

Just now, markmills67 said:

No but what was the point of trading for Smith if we are not going to bother upgrading both sides of the ball?. We might as well have just gone with McCoy won 5 games this year and get a QB with our top 5 pick. I know we have still got time but I just don't trust Allen at all. 

OR

They might be "Upgrading" with the young talent that is waiting behind some of the guys we let walk.

To me, Cousins is they only big "let go" (and Fuller :( ). Breeland, Long, Murphy, even Grant. All decent talent that I won't lose any sleep over not having anymore.

Let some of the younger guys we drafted step up. :) 

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No thanks to burfict. Cannot control himself and will cost you a game or two out of plain stupidity. Don't like dirty players. You can be very aggressive without being dirty. 

Suh - pass. Too much head baggage there. Need to stay away from these big names with big head problems - does no one remember Albert ****ing Haynesworth??? 

Let's look at the draft or someone with more common sense. 

I agree with you on Burfict. But Suh is not Albert ****ing Haynesworth. Not even close.

16 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

90 minutes into free agency and you have had enough huh?This is a marathon not a sprint! Last year for example we did not sign Zach Brown until April! Relax a little. 

And how you can mistake this for the free wheeling spend too much money on anything the walks vinnie days has me completely confused. If anything this is the anti vinnie days - almost to a fault. 

Archived