Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Receivers tend to take time to develop.  I am guessing they won't have the patience for growing pains.  I think they go FA.  Maybe draft, too.  But I'd be surprised if they don't grab someone in FA.  I would.

I think Crowder, Doctson and Grant (assuming he re-signs) are locks for the roster.  if the Skins carry 6 WRs then which ones do you feel will be on the bubble? 

Davis is only 22 and will take time to develop.  Mo Harris is 25 while the recent free agent Quick is 28.  All are relatively young but my guess is that Harris and Quick are expendable if an upgrade is readily available.  I don't think the Skins will want to draft a WR given the many other team needs assuming the potential picks have relatively similar draft grades.  But an experienced free agent is a good possibility.  I don't think a slot WR though because Reed often eats into Crowder's playing time and vice-versa.  

Redskins already have their Crabtree in Doctson, (different skillset though) except younger, cheaper, & more upside.  Doctson still has time to elevate his game into something more, but what I see for now is a solid #2 contributor. A guy, but not "the guy."

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Dunbar's a three million a year corner? I dunno.

This is a list of CBs I can find earning between 3-4 mil per year, not counting players on rookie scale contracts or RFA tenders:

Kayvon Webster 3.875 mil per

Orlando Scandrick  3.8

DJ Hayden  3.75

Terence Newman 3.25

Jason McCourty  3.0

I certainly think Dunbar fits quite comfortably in that range, but certainly you're free to argue otherwise.

If they keep Cousins they got to get him some weapons to throw to. Heard Portis today on the after game shows from yesterday say he thought they should bring in either Martavius Bryant or Josh Gordon. Personally think both are bigger risks then Crabtree and would prefer him over them

25 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Good news about Dunbar..let's get Breeland locked in now..

Unlikely to the least.

With Dunbar locked, we'll let Bash hit FA and he'll sign elsewhere for some kind of big money in Dallas or anywhere else. But I doubt we really make a hard push on him.

29 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

If they keep Cousins they got to get him some weapons to throw to. Heard Portis today on the after game shows from yesterday say he thought they should bring in either Martavius Bryant or Josh Gordon. Personally think both are bigger risks then Crabtree and would prefer him over them

Veto all of those options, I love Portis but he is an idiot and the last thing this team needs is a potential distraction in the locker room.  I would be a lot more interested in John Brown or Allen Robinson, team guys with potential upside.  For a wild card I would be interested in Eric Decker if Tennessee decides to go in another direction, a Peyton trained receiver like Garcon who could legitimately pair with Doctson.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Dunbar's a three million a year corner? I dunno.

I am having the same reaction but I guess we do need to get used to the higher contract values now... I think I am still thinking about what type of players you used to get 5-8 years ago...

however, I think you can get a better overall vet CB for that price but probably those vets wouldn’t be as serviceable in ST.  I guess Dunbar getting some premium due to his special team play.

www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Redskins-Sign-11-Players-To-ReserveFuture-Contracts/c6f20f93-73d6-4275-9173-5e8d96ee85b0

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following players to Reserve/Future contracts:

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

You know, I've been thinking about the possibility of taking a shot at Bryant. It would be a bit of a chance, but if you think he's straightened himself out at all, then could be worth a gamble. With our cap limitations, he's attractive at virtually no money. 

Pitt likes to have a reliable TE. I wonder if we could get them to swap Bryant for Davis. Then we could look to add a TE who can block, which is a big need. Maybe someone like Luke Willson. 

Not necessarily what I would do, but I think it could be an interesting possible option.

Archived