Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Dang, "live polls" sounds like a really stupid publicity stunt. 

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I'm shocked

Wouldn't have done a thing if they'd actually passed laws against it. 

The stolen mayerial would have just been used by an "independent group". 

I think the hardest part is nothing seems implausible. What would any of us not believe the other party likely to do if it would gain them an advantage? Then we attack the press, and now we don't even argue from a single set of facts because we believe the other side isnt just placing higher value on different facts. We believe they made them up. The ground upon which two reasonable people can disagree is eroding.

This is the threat to our democracy Trump's alternative (to) facts has brought us. I have been saying for months now that I blaim him far more for this than any collusion he may have done, more than all the hateful things he has normalized, more than all the loss of International good will, more than all the people's access to healthcare he minimizes. The loss of any ability to listen and  think the person with whom we disagree is still a good person who cherishes the ideals of our country is the greatest harm to our democracy he is leaving us.  If I and others seem to quick to believe every person's talk of crazy conspiracy, know how we got here. Then please remember my heart felt apology for being wrong. I say it here in case I am ever too worked up to say it in tbe future when I should.

I am sorry.

It is something I feel my generation will have to say to future generations when we explain how we went from an an America reaching for the heavens to one trying to be as great as we imagine we were in some year long gone by in tbe rear view mirror.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

The polls are conducted normally we just see the results before being finalized. The only way this ends up as a failure is if the publicity turns into a movement to lie to pollsters.

Or to draw conclusions based on preliminary, unbalanced, data. 

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Yep! And thanks, enjoying Cedar Park! Thank goodness it's a bit cooler this week.

Good deal :)

Amen to the weather.  A few years back we had around 70 days straight of triple digits... I’m glad you missed that crap, lol.  

The Justice Department, in coordination with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), sent two subpoenas in late August demanding more than two millions ballots and 15 million voting records from 44 counties in eastern North Carolina, along with all voter registration applications over the past eight years. In response, the bipartisan board of elections authorized the state’s attorney general to file a lawsuit challenging the subpoenas in court.

everybody knows illegal undocumented mexicans cant get enough of dirty dicks crabhouse and go absolutely ape**** for the brew thru. 

https://www.cookpolitical.com/index.php/analysis/house/virginia-house/va-02-taylor-moves-lean-republican-toss

On Wednesday, a Richmond circuit judge kicked Independent candidate Shaun Brown off the congressional ballot, dealing a setback to Virginia Beach GOP Rep. Scott Taylor. Taylor's campaign had ham-handedly collected signatures to boost Brown, an African-American who was the Democratic nominee against Taylor in 2016, to split his opposition. But the judge ruled that the petitions contained numerous forgeries and involved "out and out fraud."

Taylor's race against former Naval Surface Warfare officer Elaine Luria was already highly competitive, considering Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam carried the 2nd CD by four points last November. But without Brown, it moves from Lean Republican to the Toss Up column.

Taylor says he knew of his campaign's efforts to help Brown get on the ballot but denies he was aware of forged signatures. And, it's possible these ballot shenanigans will simply fly over most voters' heads. But Taylor is still a relatively undefined freshman, and the "dirty tricks" that have dominated news of the race for the past few weeks could help Democrats chip away at his image as a squeaky-clean Navy SEAL.

You are responsible for the conduct of your campaign.  

Just now, visionary said:

'When I told my boys to take care of the ****, I thought they were just going to give her a stern talking to....'

:ols:  Well that's an extreme example.  

I'm thinking more in terms of, how the **** are people supposed to trust you to govern the nation if you can't even handle your own small campaign staff?  And by "handle" I mean "prevent from committing felony election fraud."

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I thought anti-vaxxers where far-left liberal flowerchildren idiots.  

seem less a anti-vaxxer and more pro-choicer.

“Kevin believes the topic of vaccinations is a serious decision that should be made by parents in consultation with their pediatricians,” said Donelle Harder, Stitt’s spokeswoman. She said that Stitt did not believe that vaccinations cause harmful medical side effects —an oft-argued and scientifically baseless claim from vaccine skeptics. The “root of his decision,” she said was the desire for parental choice

but i guess choice is a bad thing

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I thought anti-vaxxers where far-left liberal flowerchildren idiots.  

Look at the President.

47 minutes ago, twa said:

seem less a anti-vaxxer and more pro-choicer.

but i guess choice is a bad thing

That's part of being anti vax. Thinking you know better than evidenced based medicine. Your choice is putting other children in danger

Archived