Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Well, it's his money. Nice that he's been outed as a racist and homophobic so voters can wonder and take that into account when they vote.

Personally, I don't care about one's private thoughts, what's important is that they don't let their personal thoughts intrude upon public policy and current law.

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I love guns more than anyone else on this stage, am unaffected emotionally by the suffering of brown people, and would perform sex acts on Donald Trump if he asked me to.

Ive decided to run for Congress here in TX. Prepping for the Republican primary debate.

Are you better than Hillary? That's all Twa wants to  know.?

32 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Looks like he's going to challenge the law.  He must really hate McConnell

Not a lawyer but he probably can't challenge it until 1 August when he then is denied ability to put his name on the ballot. Then it will take time. He may get the law over turned but chances are it won't occur until after the election.

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Not a lawyer but he probably can't challenge it until 1 August when the he is denied ability to put his name on the ballot. Then it will take time. He may get the law over turned but chances are it won't occur until after the election.

Yeah, no expert in election law, but I think it's reasonable to deny a second bite at the apple.  I doubt Blankenship is doing it in hopes of winning, just seems like an attempt at a big middle finger to McConnell, especially after McConnell's team took a bit of a victory lap after the primary.

6 hours ago, bearrock said:

Looks like he's going to challenge the law.  He must really hate McConnell

There's other possible motives. 

Maybe he's fishing for the GOP to pay him to go away. Maybe he wants to keep the (hypothetical) donations coming in. 

I know nothing about the guy. Not at all implying that I think this is his motive. Just floating a possibility. 

3 hours ago, visionary said:

Hillary is such a loser and this is why people had trouble taking her seriously. 

Cuomo is a ****ty governor for what should be one of the leading progressive states in the country. 

Cynthia Nixon is a running a truly progressive and bold campaign full of common sense and practical solutions. And of course Hillary, the supposed champion of liberal women, backs the corrupt centrist jackass who unnecessarily surrendered power to the state GOP. 

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Hillary is such a loser and this is why people had trouble taking her seriously. 

Cuomo is a ****ty governor for what should be one of the leading progressive states in the country. 

Cynthia Nixon is a running a truly progressive and bold campaign full of common sense and practical solutions. And of course Hillary, the supposed champion of liberal women, backs the corrupt centrist jackass who unnecessarily surrendered power to the state GOP. 

Is she a legit candidate and not some crazy leftist or fading celeb looking for publicity? 

I see some new york reporters seem to hype her up a lot and bash Cuomo (who I don't know much about). 

Is there a chance she wins and New York picks a republican for governor again in the general?  

27 minutes ago, visionary said:

Is she a legit candidate and not some crazy leftist or fading celeb looking for publicity? 

I see some new york reporters seem to hype her up a lot and bash Cuomo (who I don't know much about). 

Is there a chance she wins and New York picks a republican for governor again in the general?  

I don't think it's the case of a fading celeb looking for publicity. She has already forced Cuomo to the left on many important issues:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/05/cynthia-nixon-andrew-cuomo-democrats-governor-new-york-primary/560192/

In the less than two months since Nixon declared her candidacy, Cuomo all but reversed his opposition to legalizing recreational marijuana, which he called “a gateway drug” as recently as last year; proposed a ban on single-use plastic bags, again barely a year after he signed legislation barring New York City from imposing a tax on them; vowed to use his pardon power to restore voting rights to as many as 35,000 felons; and declared a state of emergency at the city’s public-housing authority.

She is running a legitimate campaign and building a coalition of urban and rural voters in NY state.

Archived