Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

33 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Get his ass out of here.  I have seen enough.  I rather watch a rebuilding team.

I'm not sure this FO is capable of building a team. It's always one step forward, three steps back. Just when it seems this franchise is going to break the glass ceiling and become a consistent contender, it self implodes.

If anything is clear at this point in time, it's that this team is nowhere near competing - Why pay any QB 25+ mill (more on tag) when it won't make a damn bit of difference to our playoff aspirations? You can't build a team to win with Kirk sucking the account dry - he's good enough to win somewhere but he needs a stacked roster to do it. We can't stack the roster whilst paying Kirk. There's no value to paying him, embrace the rebuild, tank the season and see where we go from there.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Who are the players you're going to get with Cousins money that are going to make this team "compete"?

Who are the players your going to get that will make this team compete when you have no money?

Either accept mediocrity, sign Kirk to a LTD and accept you'll run around 8-8 give or take a win/loss either way for 4 years on the spin; leaving you with consistently bad draft position, and hope you can maybe sneak into the POs for a one and done in one of those 4 years and then blow it up and rebuild... OR blow the whole damn thing up and start the rebuild now (preferably without Bruce Allen but that's unfortunately not going to happen).

3 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

Without Cousins- the Skins wouldn't have won 5 games!

So, they'd have pick #7 in the draft and a shot at getting one of the top draft prospects, instead of a gutwrenching season with nothing to show for it (aside from a couple of creditable wins against good teams)? Sounds awful.

On 12/8/2017 at 5:01 PM, Ashburn Dave said:

Stick a fork in this bad dream.  He doesn't want to be here and at this point I'm not sure I do either.  If he wanted to be here he would have countered last year.

This. And there is no way the Skins are paying him 34 million on the tag next year. They will transition tag him then decline to match the ridiculous offer Cousins gets. They can then try to save face by saying they tried to keep him. But Cousins is gone after this season. 

1 hour ago, UKskins said:

If anything is clear at this point in time, it's that this team is nowhere near competing - Why pay any QB 25+ mill (more on tag) when it won't make a damn bit of difference to our playoff aspirations? You can't build a team to win with Kirk sucking the account dry - he's good enough to win somewhere but he needs a stacked roster to do it. We can't stack the roster whilst paying Kirk. There's no value to paying him, embrace the rebuild, tank the season and see where we go from there.

If he can go to another team that has a stacked roster while still being able to afford Kirk, why couldn’t we? That makes no sense. 

What abobt all the other high paid QBs that win the SB and compete in the playoffs every year. Their teams seem to be ok 

He sure played like **** today,  but so did every other player on this pathetic team.  I still think he moves on regardless. There will be other,  real teams with a need at QB that aren't constantly embarrassing themselves.  Why the hell would he want to stick around this **** show. 

Another frustrating and disappointing day.  I've got two thoughts, I wonder what this team would have done if it had managed to stay reasonably healthy and two what would this team look like if it had really gotten value for the 3 first round and 1-second pick it threw away for nothing.

Yeah, I know it is foolish to cry about spilled milk but I am still following the Skins after 20 years of Snyder so foolish is a given, everyone reading this is foolish also.  It's dumber for me since I had enough experience to recognize Snyder's gross ineptitude out of the gate but I am still here so I am still going to **** about it.  Put 3 more decent first rounders and a second rounder on this roster with reasonable health and it would be a lot better, a lot better team.  The 2012 epic screw-up is still hurting this club, pissing away 4 high picks that a smart owner could have used to build an epic OL or DL still hurts this club and will hurt the club for more years to come.  An utterly ridiculous trade with a decade-long impact and Synder is going to exponentially compound his idiocy losing by Cousins. 

No, I dont see him on the team next year.  He wouldnt sign a LTD this past year because he wanted to see whether Gruden could shape a winning team.  He cant, so hes not going to sign a LTD this year.  Plus, Gruden just got an extension, and Allen looks here to stay, and they will have to convince themselves the fault isnt with them, its someone else, and the easy culprit is the expensive QB.

Draft a guy, start Colt McCoy, and give the fans back twenty-eight million dollars in free tickets.

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

If the Jags get Cousins and 1 top notch WR, they'll be SB contenders. Solid defense, good enough running game, they're primed.

Thing is, I wouldn't be all that upset if Kirk got a chance to win elsewhere if he doesn't have a chance to win here. This is probably the malaise talking, but I don't think Kirk gets us anywhere in 2018.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

This. And there is no way the Skins are paying him 34 million on the tag next year. They will transition tag him then decline to match the ridiculous offer Cousins gets. They can then try to save face by saying they tried to keep him. But Cousins is gone after this season. 

What sucks about this is, Cousins goes elsewhere, the Redskins give up multiple trades to move up in the draft, get a good college QB, who then shows a lot of promise, and when his rookie contract is up, it'll be Cousins 2.0 with Allen.

Whats making me cry is succumbing to the fact that its a good chance Allen is still HERE.

as usual most fans here don't understand it will take another 2-3 years to fix this team up from the last 20.   We finally have depth after 25 years.  Our issue is that we are still waiting on our day 1 picks to contribute.  We need a+ talent.  Our team is full of b+ and C+ talent.  

Look at our offensive talent.  It's garbage.  

13 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

as usual most fans here don't understand it will take another 2-3 years to fix this team up from the last 20.   We finally have depth after 25 years.  Our issue is that we are still waiting on our day 1 picks to contribute.  We need a+ talent.  Our team is full of b+ and C+ talent.  

Look at our offensive talent.  It's garbage.  

When your GM lets a very good OC go to another team, then the top 2 WR threats go to other teams, its not hard to figure out why.

The so-called talent, Doctson , who is JUST starting to act like he wants to play, a bum QB-wannabe WR  on IR, and the other under-achieving WRs are at best C talent who wouldn't start for any other team in the league outside of maybe SF or Cleveland, and that's only out of desperation, leads to an issue of talent recognition.

Obviously the scouts are not worthy, and the guy running the ****-show, Allen, has no idea what he's doing, just pounds on his chest because he's George Allen's son. Cousins probably won't be here much less want to be here after seeing not only how HE'S been treated, but how the offensive players he needs to be successful are cast away, all because Allen has visions of something else. That POS would be a perfect fit for a GEICO commercial; " hi, I'm Bruce Allen, son of George Allen, and I will save you tons of money by counting on me". "Just look at what I did to the Redskins!" .

Archived