Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This game is apples to oranges to last year's game against the Giants.  It's not like we had it all on the line and the Giants didn't again.  What was on the line today is their same playoff permutation that I missed on?  Both teams had nothing on the line.  Why was today more important than the Denver or Arizona game?

It's been a season long thing for those who aren't sold on Kirk to come out and bash Kirk and globalize the game as the definitive one to judge him when he has a bad game.  So I wouldn't expect today to be different.   But this was a meaningless game. 

It wasn't meaningless to Kirk, who had to showcase himself to silence critics.

It wasn't meaningless to Jay, who wanted to finish with a winning record.

It wasn't meaningless to Snyder, who doesn't particularly like to lose to Mara's Giants.

On paper, the Skins important pieces needed a win today more than the Giant's did but played otherwise.

PFF last week had Cousins ranked at #15.Which means he has been just flat out average.  Sorry but that type of production can easily be replaced.

Furthermore, according to football outsiders, he is ranked at #14 if you look at QBR. 

What's the rank going to be after this week?  15?  16?  That is not good.  

How many wins has he added to our team?  1? 2?  I supported Kirk Cousins when RG3 started looking like trash, but the analytics seem to suggest that he's just flat out average.

3 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

PFF last week had Cousins ranked at #15.Which means he has been just flat out average.  Sorry but that type of production can easily be replaced.

Furthermore, according to football outsiders, he is ranked at #14 if you look at QBR. 

What's the rank going to be after this week?  15?  16?  That is not good.  

How many wins has he added to our team?  1? 2?  I supported Kirk Cousins when RG3 started looking like trash, but the analytics seem to suggest that he's just flat out average.

This is the cold, hard truth. 

Kirk would be fine with average money. But he ain’t worth what it will take to sign him. For that kind of money you have to have a difference maker. 

And Kirk ain’t that. 

27 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

He could have thrown for 500 yds and 6 TDs and it would not have silenced his critics. Nothing he did today is changing anything. 

It wasn't meaningless to Jay, who wanted to finish with a winning record.

This moved us several spots higher in the draft. While 8-8 would have been nice in a way, the game was still just not important. 

It wasn't meaningless to Snyder, who doesn't particularly like to lose to Mara's Giants.

See item above for Jay. 

On paper, the Skins important pieces needed a win today more than the Giant's did but played otherwise.

Only in some fans minds who are not happy with Kirk, Jay, or anyone else on the team. Meaningless game for both teams. If anything at home they had more to play for. But in the end it was a meaningless game. 

39 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

They re-sign him and draft a QB because that’s easiest and safest thing to do 

we’ll end up with 7-8 wins again and we do the same dance next year. 

I'd answer this but I've answered it so many times from you, it would be redundant.   So in the spirit of New Years Eve, I'll let it go aside from saying I wish your definition of the Redskins Snyder era actually was true.  Mediocrity hasn't been the issue.  :)

39 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

at this point, his performances against NYG have to be a red flag 

Specific to the Giants,  as a starter, Kirk is 3-3 during the last 3 seasons.   I understand the losses are magnified more than the wins especially with the Kirk critics.  But in reality, Kirk has been up and down as a starter against them.  

If you want to kill Kirk for the Giant losses when it happens -- OK.  I hope you are killing the run defense.  What gets lost in sauce with the season ending losses to the Giants is that our defense has made their run offense look elite.  260 yards?  That's insane.  If I recall both last season and this season, the Giants season high on the ground has been against the Redskins.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If you want to kill Kirk for the Giant losses when it happens -- OK.  I hope you are killing the run defense.  What gets lost in sauce with the season ending losses to the Giants is that our defense has made their run offense look elite.  260 yards?  That's insane.  If I recall both last season and this season, the Giants season high on the ground has been against the Redskins.

Yes, the run defense sucked, but the bottomline is that the Giants managed to score only 18 (they could have scored some more late in the 4th quarter, sure).  When the offense can't even score 18 points, it means that the offense played like trash.  

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd answer this but I've answered it so many times from you, it would be redundant.   So in the spirit of New Years Eve, I'll let it go aside from saying I wish your definition of the Redskins Snyder era actually was true.  Mediocrity hasn't been the issue.  :)

Specific to the Giants,  as a starter, Kirk is 3-3 during the last 3 seasons.   I understand the losses are magnified more than the wins especially with the Kirk critics.  But in reality, Kirk has been up and down as a starter against them.  

I agree; the future of Cousins should not be based upon his 6 games against the Giants but upon his overall mediocrity as evidenced by analysts outside this emotional circle, as well as his inability to deliver in the spotlight.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

His market value is not the best qb in the nfl.  Just because he’s not as bad as Beck or Waffle doesn’t mean he’s as good as the top 10 QBs.  

No one on these forums or earth has said he's the best QB in the NFL.

You clearly have no clue wtf market value even means.

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

He could have thrown for 500 yds and 6 TDs and it would not have silenced his critics. Nothing he did today is changing anything. 

This moved us several spots higher in the draft. While 8-8 would have been nice in a way, the game was still just not important. 

See item above for Jay. 

Only in some fans minds who are not happy with Kirk, Jay, or anyone else on the team. Meaningless game for both teams. If anything at home they had more to play for. But in the end it was a meaningless game. 

Of course it was a meaningless game in the playoff sense. But to act as if Kirk or Jay treated it as such coming into the contest and attributing this loss to some justifiable sense of indifference on their part, not their inability or their lack of preparation, is bull****.

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm really glad some of you knee jerk reactionary "fans" aren't the ones making decisions.

Unfortunately, it appears that the people who are in fact making decisions are the same though :(

I liked Kirk's response to Larry Michael at the end of the game.  I think Kirk is if anything honest.  So lets hope Dan-Bruce now do the right thing.  Cooley-Sheehan now love making fun of the Kirk haters these days after they did their 980 polls.  90% approval rate for Kirk, etc.  So as they like to say the 10% crowd is loud and proud but they don't represent anywhere near the majority of the fan base.  Hopefully Bruce-Dan are with the 90%.

3 minutes ago, Mr_ Skinshead said:

I agree; the future of Cousins should not be based upon his 6 games against the Giants but upon his overall mediocrity as evidenced by analysts outside this emotional circle, as well as his inability to deliver in the spotlight.

Interesting. ;)  Really who are these analysts who are bringing in the verdict on this? 

5 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Yes, the run defense sucked, but the bottomline is that the Giants managed to score only 18 (they could have scored some more late in the 4th quarter, sure).  When the offense can't even score 18 points, it means that the offense played like trash.  

I was making a point about something glaring versus the Giants.  If you want to bring it back to Kirk, cool.   What's the point, this game convinced you Kirk needs to go? 

Just now, Mr_ Skinshead said:

The majority of what I see out there is that Cousins is easily a top ten QB, from analysts, media, fans, etc.  Particularly from folks that assess what they are seeing with context.  Perhaps the loudest folks fall in with your line of thinking, but it's certainly minority.

5 minutes ago, Mr_ Skinshead said:

Which spotlight was there tonight? That was a garbage game.

4 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Of course it was a meaningless game in the playoff sense. But to act as if Kirk or Jay treated it as such coming into the contest and attributing this loss to some justifiable sense of indifference on their part, not their inability or their lack of preparation, is bull. What we saw today reflects on them fully, not their season situation.

We called the season over when NSheke and Perine went down.

What did you expect with Catalina / Kouandjio as your left side of the line?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I liked Kirk's response to Larry Michael at the end of the game.  I think Kirk is if anything honest.  So lets hope Dan-Bruce now do the right thing.  Cooley-Sheehan now love making fun of the Kirk haters these days after they did their 980 polls.  90% approval rate for Kirk, etc.  So as they like to say the 10% crowd is loud and proud but they don't represent the anywhere near the majority of the fan base.  Hopefully Bruce-Dan are with the 90%.

What did he say? Obviously I didn't hear it.

57 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

You really think Kirk has to silence the critics?  For starters, he doesn't have that many of them.   If the Redskins don't want him back or some straggler fans don't like him why would he give a hoot?  He'd be more than happy to hit FA and leave. 

57 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

That's your version of reality, its not a fact.  I could just as easily argue the Giants had more on the line.  Spags is auditioning for the head coaching job, he's about to be interviewed by them from what I heard on the radio.  Good luck doing that after losing every game.  They have a new GM who just released and deactivated players and is judging the roster. 

Those pretending that this was a meaningless game didn’t listen to anything that was said prior to the game by anyone on this team. Unless you think there was some conspiracy to tank this game which is flat out wrong all the players cared greatly about todays results. Just because the game itself didn’t mean anything more then draft position no one wanted to go out like this. That’s why they played better the past two weeks. It meant something to all of them

Really irrating to see on RedZone Kirk’s stat line scroll over and over again. Today’s result is actually the worst possibility out of all the possibilities to happen today. 

Now I didn’t think the Skins would win today but to go into the offseason with the last impression being a passing game of under 200 yards 0 TDs and 3 INTs against a two win team with such a big decision on what to do with Kirk hanging over his head is awful for anyone who cares about this situation.

Much worse then last year because then we at least could say we were close to the playoffs and he just had a bad game. Today we can’t say that and now they have a huge financial decision to make when he plays the worst game I can remember. Absolutely not what was needed

4000+ yards and over 30 total TDs is now average in the NFL.

i swear to god some of you just flat out dont watch the NFL.  the man has the skills and can excel in this offense, just give him a few playmakers to work with and we'll be fine.

oh and get a defense that doesnt give up 300 rushing yards and 25 points per game.  that may help?  

For anyone to say this game was meaningless to Cousins is flat out asinine. The guy could be on the cusp of being the highest paid player ever. So he goes out and ****s the bed because it was meaningless? You don't think he wanted to kill it today? Come on. If that is the case why do we want the guy at all then?

7 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

What did he say? Obviously I didn't hear it.

I already posted it a page back.  Larry asked him directly if he wanted to be back.  He said sure if the Redskins would have me. I didn't hear the next line verbaim but he said something to the effect of it being a positive experience here.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was making a point about something glaring versus the Giants.  If you want to bring it back to Kirk, cool.   What's the point, this game convinced you Kirk needs to go? 

Obviously, Kirk Cousins is not garbage.  He does some good things.  The team has so many holes that paying an average QB (#15 per PFF) will only hamper us in the long run.  What's also obvious to me is that Jay Gruden is not Kyle Shanahan.  Kyle Shanahan could make even a below average receiving corp look good.  He always had someone open.  

I think we need to build from scratch(which means fire both Gruden and Kirk Cousins) and create an analytics department of some sort.  If Depodesta from the browns gets fired, he needs to be hired by us asap.  He does not draft players, but rather, he makes recommendations based on analytics.  We really need a guy like that.  Look how the Jaguars have developed their team.  Shad Khan's son  is head of their analytics department.  Over the years, they have done a great job of developing their team. Even when they had a bad record last year, I thought the team was going to do well in the very near future.  Obviously though, coaching matters big time as well...

6 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Of course it was a meaningless game in the playoff sense. But to act as if Kirk or Jay treated it as such coming into the contest and attributing this loss to some justifiable sense of indifference on their part, not their inability or their lack of preparation, is bull****.

I addressed your contention that this was an important game for those guys. I never said that they went into it not caring. Of course they wanted to win. But mostly they wanted to get out with no injuries, which did not happen either. They finished the game with the 3rd LT and the 5th RB who was not even on the team till mid-season.  They played conservative. It did not go well, It makes no difference and is not a referendum on Jay and Kirk. That is very narrow minded. 

Almost 30 different Oline combinations, including losing both LTs, lost both the #1 and #2 RBs, one of which was having a career year, lost two top WRs with no real replacement, did not have his best receiver in Reed for most of the season. That's not even talking the injuries on D. Yet until late in the season the team was still competitive and even had PO aspirations for some time. 

They just wanted to get it over with and who could blame them. 

Archived