Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Didn't Kirk make loving the Redskins/team members comments late last season too?Ā 

Ā 

I find his comments disingenuous.Ā 

You ever worked somewhere where your co-workers were awesome but the bosses were jackasses?

Ā 

I know I have. Ā Which is why I don't find hisĀ comments disingenuous. Ā 

9 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Didn't Kirk make loving the Redskins/team members comments late last season too?Ā 

Ā 

I find his comments Ā fourbe.Ā 

I believe here "love" isn't a one way train, you've got to give back at some point :). He is not getting much knowing the FO needs to see the remaining games of the season to make up his mind about an LTD. I'm wondering how can youĀ  evaluate a QB when he'll be facing one average team and 3 bad teams ?. I believe you get your grades only facing the best opponents (with the "tools" you have).

I doubt this relationship will last.

15 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Ā 

Ā 

It's absolutely disgusting when you think about it.

Ā 

Best QB since Theismann

Set multiple franchise records

Never gets injured

Character guy

Drafted in same class as RG3, hence having him succeed mitigates the effects of the RG3 bust

Ā 

"Nah, let's go back to the well."Ā 

Ā 

At this point, it's more like the "bottomless abyss."

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

My thoughts exactly.Ā  i voted they will retain him with a LTD because in my heart I just have to believe even this organization is not stupid enough to let a top 10 QB walk. But that vote was with my heart, my head says exactly what this post says.Ā Ā 

I tell you what, if he does leave I will immediately be rooting for him and whatever team is smart enough to sign him.Ā Ā 

He's walking away.Ā  Too much dysfunction from the SKINS. I'd be surprised if they tag him againĀ  This team continues to just totally disrespect him.Ā Ā He tries to say the right things, but he's on the 1st plane outta here unless the SKINS tag him.Ā 

19 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Are those rumors of Cousins not being liked being spreadĀ  by the team as a way of trying to make themselves look OK should he walk? What a petulant, childish thing to do. Would Daniel Snyder ever actĀ childish and petulant?Ā  I think we know the answer to that question.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm on the same page. You place a big pot of **** with a woodstick in it, call a media who will rush to stir the pot so everybody can "enjoy" the stench.

Ā One media (Dan Patrick), sorry one misinformant :ph34r:, one unamed source, timing, in the end if things go wrong it's not your fault.

21 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Is it true he's not getting along with his receivers?..Maybe Kirk is not a likeable guy.

Ā 

18 hours ago, FrFan said:

I hope we're not getting SMC 2.0 here

I agree with FrFan's concerns.Ā  This seems like the opening act of a familiar whispering campaign/strategy to devalue whoever the Skins FO has decided will be leaving the team -- especially how they did it againstĀ McCloughan.

Ā 

But give points to those planning the SMC 2.0 campaign -- at least they knew better than to try to convince folks that it's becauseĀ Cousins isĀ drinking on the job. ?

Ā 

As for my vote, I'm going to wait until closer to the end of the season. Ā I think much of the team is being judged for who stays in 2018.

The iggles just signed Jeffrey to a longer contract...are the skins allowed to do that now with Kirk?..allowed to sign him to a Ltd...if so it's almost concerning to why they haven't done it yet..if there's a rule that don't allow the team to do it until seasons end than that makes sense than.

3 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

The iggles just signed Jeffrey to a longer contract...are the skins allowed to do that now with Kirk?..allowed to sign him to a Ltd...if so it's almost concerning to why they haven't done it yet..if there's a rule that don't allow the team to do it until seasons end than that makes sense than.

Alshon Jeffery was on a one-year contract, but he was signed as a FA.Ā  The ban on negotiating during the season only applies to tagged players.

I think he suckers the skins into one more large franchise tag and then walks next offseason for his big long term deal.Ā 

Ā 

Redskins FO will be dumb enough to do it and pay $75mil in 3 years on a QB they didnā€™t believe in 3 years ago and wouldnā€™t sign him for $45mil guaranteed over 5.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

9 hours ago, Paul Cumberland said:

don't understand where people keepĀ saying he doesn't want to be here....Ā  Ā has anyone actually heard that?Ā  (rhetorical question).Ā  no....Ā  no one has ever heard that...

Ā he asked to be traded last year after failed negotiations. does that not scream I don't want to be here??

Ā 

I live in phx. I am a suns fans like I am a skins fan. till death. but I agree with the way they dealt with the Bledsoe incident wholeheartedly. If one of my employees came to me and said I don't want to be here any more. then there is the door. now in pro sports you might want to keep your intentions quiet till you find a deal so you get a better value. but none the less. said player has to go. I love KC. best qb we had in awhile. but he will beĀ  in san fran either this year or next.

Ā 

Ā 

way I look at it. dallas and phille are going to be playoff contenders for years in or division. cut ties now and start the healing process. draft ol and dl. secondary.

three years fromĀ now we will have a new regime. and a new start. the writing is on the wall.

Ā 

Ā 

sbb

I completely disagree with SBboundbaby, about cutting all ties. Ā That is simply going back to the past ways -- of more repeats of some terrible times for the Skins franchise.

Ā 

Over the years,I've seen teams that try to get by without a really decent QB; it doesn't work -- unless you have a dominating defense like the 85 Bears, or thoseĀ Ray Lewis prime versions of the Ravens defense, or the peak years of Seattle defense. Ā And even so, the NFL rules have been changed to favor offense -- so dominating defenses are very rare now.

Ā 

Bottom line:Ā Ā You need a high-quality guy handling/executingĀ all the plays running though him, for the offensive game-plan to really work. And while we're being marketed the fact that this can be doneĀ by usingĀ Ā rookie QBs -- it's still true that youĀ only find out if your QB is a decent Ā "keeper" after about 4-5 years. Ā The Skins have found out that Cousins is a keeper, and more... but the FO bungled things so badly, that he's now an expensive keeper. Ā So, the Skins FOĀ need to figure out how to keep Cousins without breaking the bank, and quickly (and proactively!)Ā draft someĀ QB type clone of Cousins who can understudy and learn.

Ā 

Under Gruden, the Skins have been stressing stability and continuity, while weeding out the bad dealsĀ and under-producing players/coaches, -- and also taking measuresĀ to retain the promising and performing players/coaches. Ā However,Ā It's not certain thatĀ Gruden'sĀ kind of approach will continue to be adequately supportedĀ under Snyder/Allen -- especially on where whether the good players will be retained. Ā Because.... quite frankly, Bruce Allen is a bit of a skinflint!!

Ā 

As for the suggestion the Skins pushĀ the total "re-set" button and startĀ over -- IMHO, thisĀ only delays the day when the Skins franchiseĀ can beĀ held Ā accountable to their goal of actually being playoff-competitive; instead their promiseĀ driftsĀ off to some hazy,Ā future 'undetermined'Ā date. Ā Meanwhile, the "ever-rebuilding" Redskins franchise will continueĀ to erodeĀ its fan base, and consequentlyĀ have less money with which to try to conduct their next roundĀ of rebuilding. Ā Candidly, I hate seeingĀ this once-proud franchise being lowered downĀ to how Six-Flags wound out beingĀ handled. Ā I despise that business model.

Ā 

So, Skins fans, are you willing to settle for a never-ending cycle of Washington teams comprised ofĀ economical, over-hyped JAGS -- filling up a Skins roster that's designedĀ to simply raise profits for Snyder, but that canĀ only raise false September/October hopes to theĀ fans that Washington' spot in theĀ playoffs/Superbowls are just around the corner? Ā 

Ā 

??....Sorry, I've heard that marketing spiel before!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

10 hours ago, Paul Cumberland said:

don't understand where people keepĀ saying he doesn't want to be here....Ā  Ā has anyone actually heard that?Ā  (rhetorical question).Ā  no....Ā  no one has ever heard that...

You're right.Ā  I haven't heard that.Ā  But it's just as important to note that hearing him say the opposite doesn't make it anymore true.Ā  Players and coaches don't always say what they really mean.Ā 

Ā 

It's my theory that he doesn't like being here.Ā  The entire fanbase doesn't like Snyder or Bruce Allen, why would Kirk be any different?Ā  Bruce is a tight ass, why would that change?Ā  Snyder is incompetent.Ā  Why would that change?

Ā 

Usually, sports figures stay put in a situation that might kinda suck because of the money.Ā  In this situation, our FO doesn't have that card (talking LTD, not another tag which would incredibly dumb).Ā  He can get paid somewhere else.Ā  And I think he will.

Ā 

I truly believe Cousins enjoys playing for Jay.Ā  To that end, I don't think Jay gets anywhere near the credit he deserves for developing Cousins.Ā  He has done a fantastic job.Ā  And he will get a chance next year to develop someone else.Ā  I have more confidence in Jay's ability to succeed in that area than most here do.

Ā 

I want Cousins to stay.Ā  Our franchise needs him to stay.Ā  But I'll bet on the side of buffoonery when it comes to this franchise before I believe some lip service about "wanting to be here" from Kirk Cousins.

Ā 

Ā 

I know this team is known to be dysfunctional and the FO setup is weird but like many have mentioned over the years.. good Qbā€™s donā€™t hit FA. If he is not signed to a LTD, this FO will have to be considered just as bad as Cleveland and I donā€™t see how they recover in the near future.

Archived