Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

On 11/26/2019 at 8:08 AM, Llevron said:

I never even considered this but it makes so much sense. Dan, I think, really does love this team like a true fan and all the history with it. He desperately wants to be a part of it, not burn it all down. I cant imagine that he wants to drag the first family down with him. Man thats got to suck for him. Im of the opinion that Dan is easily manipulated. I dont have alot of fatcs to suggest this but thats just what I think from looking from afar. And i know Bruce is good at manipulating people. It takes one to know one, as they say. 

I wouldn't be surprised if when they get drunk and Dan talks about ending it all, Bruce gives him the "Imagine what this would do to my family's name" guilt trip. Again, im not a good person, and I would. Cause I know it would work. he seems weak for that ****. 

Thats really crazy. Almost makes me feel bad for him (dan) but not really. 

I dont think Dan has what it takes make the decision to lose his friendship in order to save his franchise. Thats too hard. So Allen helps him when hes weak. Thats some wild ****. 

I disagree. I don’t think Dan is a real fan.  He’s a fan of owning the team.

Also, why does Dan idolize the Allen era is so much.  Gibbs 1 is gold standard. A strong coach paired with a strong gm.

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

wow the analytics comment from Callaham is exploding on twitter and becoming a national sports story

Who has time for analytics when the most important thing of the week is not being late for putt putt. Its like our entire organization is 30 years behind everyone else in this league. 

1 hour ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Who has time for analytics when the most important thing of the week is not being late for putt putt. Its like our entire organization is 30 years behind everyone else in this league. 

30 years ago putt putt still wasnt a priority of winning organizations.

I've been done with this franchise for awhile now as a Skins fan in hibernation until Bruce Allen is gone.  Obviously I'm not alone and there are thousands sharing this perspective.  I stop in when I'm bored during the offseason  and see what garbage they're trying to push off on the Skins faithfuls.  It's pathetic what Bruce Allen has done to this organization and seriously negligent owner to allow such complete incompetence to persist.  

If Snyder fires Allen then Ill be interested in the replacement scenario.  I'll reserve judgement until I see logical maneuvers that address the major issues that have made this storied franchise the dumpster fire that it is today. 

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Then let Dan reap what he sows.

Bruce returns, I am going to actively root for this team to fail. I will want them to botch the coaching hire and draft picks.

Didnt you come out and say you changed teams in another thread?  Why not change your username if that's how you feel?

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Didnt you come out and say you changed teams in another thread?  Why not change your username if that's how you feel?

Nope. That wasn't me.

I will not support Bruce being on this team.  If Dan is stupid enough to keep him, after a decade of failure; then Dan must not succeed.

They only way for Dan to wake up and see Bruce must go is for the Skins to completely botch future draft picks and have Bruce's next coach hire be a bust.

So, I will enter the state of evil anti-fandom; so Bruce return and be in charge.

I could say the same thing to you.  You are trying to set up a rally right, to get Dan to sell.   We know it will be all for naught, as Dan's not selling.  Shouldn't you shop for a more acceptable owner of another team since you want Dan gone.

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Nope. That wasn't me.

I will not support Bruce being on this team.  If Dan is stupid enough to keep him, after a decade of failure; then Dan must not succeed.

They only way for Dan to wake up and see Bruce must go is for the Skins to completely botch future draft picks and have Bruce's next coach hire be a bust.

So, I will enter the state of evil anti-fandom; so Bruce return and be in charge.

I could say the same thing to you.  You are trying to set up a rally right, to get Dan to sell.   We know it will be all for naught, as Dan's not selling.  Shouldn't you shop for a more acceptable owner of another team since you want Dan gone.

This is bigger then wins and losses, I'm from the area as well, so I'd rather fix my home team then eventually find myself rooting against them.

13 hours ago, TheShredder said:

It's pathetic what Bruce Allen has done to this organization and seriously negligent owner to allow such complete incompetence to persist.  

Bruce is obviously doing exactly what Dan Snyder wants and we're actually CLOSE!

Just you wait and see!

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is bigger then wins and losses, I'm from the area as well, so I'd rather fix my home team then eventually find myself rooting against them.

I live in Florida, no good alternatives here; Lol. Lived in Ohio before that, no good options there.

i just know that as long as Bruce is here, the Skins have no chance.  If Dwayne can be developed,we need a strong coach. I don’t see that happening with Bruce here.

Bruce is a cancer that must be eridicated.

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I currently root for anything that will embarrass/enrage Snyder and Allen:

Niners (K. Shanahan)

Rams (McVay)

Packers (Lafleur)

Ravens

Vikings 

Feel free to add to the list.

I would then add:

- Panthers this sunday

- Packers the week after

- Then Eagles

- Then Giants

- And finally Cowboys.

Being talked about now on 106.7 but anytime Rapoport says it's noteworthy it makes me nervous, granted its not his report. 

12 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I currently root for anything that will embarrass/enrage Snyder and Allen:

Niners (K. Shanahan)

Rams (McVay)

Packers (Lafleur)

Ravens

Vikings 

Feel free to add to the list.

Cowboys HC job being more attractive, I'd add.  I bet he hates that. 😀  Urban Meyer openly saying he is interested in the Dallas job and telling people close to him that he has zero interest in the Redskins job.

Sources close to the team confirmed the Garafalo report to NBC Sports Washington and added that never in Allen’s tenure in Washington has his grip seemed less firm over the organization. Further, league sources believe that Allen’s involvement in football operations is hurting the team's bottom line. 

One source explained that the Redskins could actually see a bump in ticket sales should the team remove Allen. Fan vitriol towards the team president has been fierce for a few seasons and it’s constantly visible on social media with the #FireBruceAllen hashtag. That was trending on Twitter as recently as last week. 

Of course it’s important to point out that Allen has ridden out rough storms before and maintained his position with the team. He’s hired and fired Jay Gruden and Scot McCloughan not to mention the fiasco of bringing in Brian Lafemina to run the team's business operations before he was fired less than a year later. 

Through it all, Allen has survived. Even cemented his own power along the way. 

It would be naive to think that Allen is definitely gone. If the Redskins string together a strong finish to the 2019 season, particularly with three NFC East games remaining to close out the year, Allen could point to real progress with rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins and say that interim head coach Bill Callahan has the team on the wrong track. 

Archived