Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

I resisted at first, but curiosity killed the cat.

I was not a bit surprised as much as I was shocked to hear Allen shoveling out that BS rah rah lets go Redskins load of elephant ****.

It was bad enough that he rarely bothered trying to honestly answer any questions, as he threw out the 'we' word so much; we all feel this is a better team, we all feel Haskins will be a great QB, we all are proud, we we we we we we but not a single word of " I am responsible for 'x' ".

To make it worse, the sorry POS was being very condescending to reporters, as if he were talking to 10 yr old kids, the whole time probably thinking to himself ' if only these people knew how good I am '.

This is flat out disgusting irresponsible and chicken**** for Allen to have that 'looking down' mentality, like a king looking down onto the hoards of lesser people.

I bet he's still peeling off make-up right now; that **** was slapped on with a shovel; so bad that his face was pretty much emotionless because it was so tight on his face, and this man is blanketed in wrinkles!

botox would run away screaming at the sight of him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am just getting around to watching the presser of Allen. A reporter asked the question about selecting Haskins and Bruce said lots of coaches were involved in selecting Haskins and the various draft boards were up and blah blah... even though he never said Gruden is the one who selected him instead Gruden was excited to work with him. Hmmmmm.... so Bruce just say it man, you selected Haskins because that is what Dan wanted you to do. 

Oh and when asked about trading Trent. Allen with an upset ego tone: We are not trading him. 

What a jackass. He has no clue. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 4

"Damn good culture"

Unbelievable.  I really have nothing else to say other than the #FIREBRUCEALLEN thing ain't working...not showing up to games ain't either...so the only other option is to pick another team to root for.  

• Like 2

Wow Bruce is more clueless than I thought. He fully seems hell bent on teaching Trent a lesson, while handcuffing his own team more than he is punishing Trent. He is going to get peanuts for Trent in the offseason.  His peak value was when OTs were dropping like flies about 3 weeks ago.  Next spring, GMs will see his dumb ass smiling on Skype thinking he has a GM over a barrel when in reality other GMs will just draft someone with the pick Bruce is salivating over. And hope to get 10 more years of service out of, than they possibly can for Trent, who will also strap many teams cap wise, vs a rookie deal.

Rest assured, if Bruce gets a draft pick for Trent, he will draft someone that has potential to be the steal of the draft. In other words, injured and unable to contribute in 2020.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, zskins said:

I am just getting around to watching the presser of Allen. A reporter asked the question about selecting Haskins and Bruce said lots of coaches were involved in selecting Haskins and the various draft boards were up and blah blah... even though he never said Gruden is the one who selected him instead Gruden was excited to work with him. Hmmmmm.... so Bruce just say it man, you selected Haskins because that is what Dan wanted you to do. 

Oh and when asked about trading Trent. Allen with an upset ego tone: We are not trading him. 

What a jackass. He has no clue. 

Bruce has top-level arrogance with little to no "game" to back it up, and honestly I question his intelligence level.  Not that his a dumb guy, but it's just not up to the standard of what he needs to be for a person in the position that he's in.   He backhandedly insulted the fans while complimenting the Patriots, refuses to take any responsibility for the current situation by defending his scouts and Doug (yo man,...I feel for you).  Mentioning his time card and putting in the time and "caring" -- so fuking what.  That's what you're suppose to do, fans expect them to put in the time and care -- this business is results based,...not "caring" and "my guys put in the time" based.  He did this all while blaming everything on Jay.  Ha,....it's amazing how unimpressive he is -- people say he's a "politician" type.  I think he tries, but he's really, really bad at it.  He's a walking example of how life is truly unfair - ha.

Edited by Probos
  • Like 2

Because of this clown i have myself leaning toward wanting the dolphins to win sunday....didnt matt millen get fires during the lions 0-16 season....i have never felt this way ever as a

redskins fan but bruce allen has brought me down this low I apologize to anyone in advanced if i have offended you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I've long wondered if Snyder sees things like SVP's 1Big Thing or some of the stuff written in the Post. He has to have some level of access since he once filed suit against a publication for a picture of him having devil horns. How you can stay the course in the face of all this is astounding. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mcgraw238 said:

I've long wondered if Snyder sees things like SVP's 1Big Thing or some of the stuff written in the Post. He has to have some level of access since he once filed suit against a publication for a picture of him having devil horns. How you can stay the course in the face of all this is astounding. 

BleacherReport just put out a similar piece, saying the Redskins are likely the biggest joke in all of sports.  It was front paged by a prominent national new site.  They cant miss it at this point

So are there any people out there that yall would trust to be HC or GM in our current power structure? Working under the idea that Bruce and Synder are going to continue to be part of the decision making process on whatever level they want, do you think there is someone out there that can help make it work? 

Like: Snyder, Bruce, Tomlin GM, Beinemy HC 

Im not at all saying we should do the above ^^^ just curious is there is a guy or guys that can possibly work with that we actually know we have to work with. Its like a sprinter with a broken big toe. We know its a disadvantage but we are in this race so we have to work with it. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

BleacherReport just put out a similar piece, saying the Redskins are likely the biggest joke in all of sports.  It was front paged by a prominent national new site.  They cant miss it at this point

I'd put money that they say to themselves when reading that stuff that their roster is loaded, shrug it off, and tell themselves wait till they see what we do next.    Eventually I hope they break down and see reality.  But Bruce pretty much doubled down yesterday on the we are close comment from last off season at least in the context of talent. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 1
17 minutes ago, mcgraw238 said:

That dude knows what people are saying.  Snyder's not some 80 year old, detached from the situation.  I don't buy the "he's insulated" stuff you hear sometimes and he only knows what Bruce tells him.  I dont buy that for one second.  He's aware of what's being said.  His internal analysis is almost always off, but he knows what's going on.  That's why he doesnt talk.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So are there any people out there that yall would trust to be HC or GM in our current power structure? Working under the idea that Bruce and Synder are going to continue to be part of the decision making process on whatever level they want, do you think there is someone out there that can help make it work? 

Like: Snyder, Bruce, Tomlin GM, Beinemy HC 

Im not at all saying we should do the above ^^^ just curious is there is a guy or guys that can possibly work with that we actually know we have to work with. Its like a sprinter with a broken big toe. We know its a disadvantage but we are in this race so we have to work with it. 

There are some people I like but not sure about within that context.  Mike Silver NFL Network and Czaben both converged yesterday on a story about how Gregg Williams might be a fit.  Gregg getting how Dan operates.  Czaben said he heard that Gregg might be a possibility. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Short answer: No.  I don't believe any head coach worth his salt will a. come here or b. be powerful enough to overshadow the gross mismanagement of the franchise.

General consensus is that if we stumble into a franchise QB, that will overshadow the mismanagement of the organization.  In a way, i believe that to be true.  A franchise QB could put us in play to "have us a season" every now and then.  But I don't believe it's possible to have any consistent success with or without a franchise QB.  I also believe franchise QB's for the most part do not enter as franchise QB's, they are built.  We do not have the infrastructure in place to build one.   

• Like 4
Just now, justice98 said:

That dude knows what people are saying.  Snyder's not some 80 year old, detached from the situation.  I don't buy the "he's insulated" stuff you hear sometimes and he only knows what Bruce tells him.  I dont buy that for one second.  He's aware.  His internal analysis is almost always off, but he knows what's going on.  That's why he doesnt talk.  

Agree, he's likely aware but spins it where its either someone else's fault, the media just hates him so they are never going to give him a break, and they are close so fans will come around.  I think Bruce makes it worse by doubling down on all of those points. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There are some people I like but not sure about within that context.  Mike Silver NFL Network and Czaben both converged yesterday on a story about how Gregg Williams might be a fit.  Gregg getting how Dan operates.  Czaben said he heard that Gregg might be a possibility. 

Honestly, Williams could be the team’s best bet given Allen is still handcuffing this franchise. If he’s run out he will blow things up quick. He won’t be humble/respectful like Gruden. He will say how meddling the owner/his mouthpiece are.

Rex Ryan is another one. For those reasons  alone I support those hires. 

But let’s be real, I don’t see any possible way Allen allows that. 

• Like 1

I keep hearing that Dan doesn't know how bad his team is or how upset the fans are with this franchise and I have a hard time believing that.

I think when you hear that from the beat reporters its Dan's way of taking the easy way out because then he doesn't have to address the issues.

Does anyone believe this is true, I'm not buying it for a second?

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I rewatched some of the press conference last night.  I cannot believe he said the following:  "The pieces are here for a winning team".

We have pieces of you know what.....!!

To me the other classic was when he goes mistakes were made.  Then he pauses and you think he'd take ownership about something that he did wrong.  But nope.  He then says "on game day". 

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I keep hearing that Dan doesn't know how bad his team is or how upset the fans are with this franchise and I have a hard time believing that.

I think when you hear that from the beat reporters its Dan's way of taking the easy way out because then he doesn't have to address the issues.

They are saying he gets they are upset but its temporary because they are poised to turn it around.  Who knows though. 

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

It's not that I don't think he realizes it's bad, it's that he doesn't realize the extent of how bad it is.  I think he does believe that all they have to do is win, and all will be well in the world.  I don't think his football IQ is high enough to determine if they are close or not and takes Bruce's word, as well as I'm sure there are others that tell him what he wants to hear.  An ongoing narrative with Dan over all these years, seems to be that he wants to hear only what he wants to hear, and when you tell him what he doesn't want to hear, you're out.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Not for one second.  We're to believe he went from fan, to overly involved, meddling owner, to being completely oblivious to everything.  Like he isnt sitting at every game watching the thrashings and stadium takeovers.  

• Like 1
  • TK locked this topic