Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

48 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

This going to be classic. Once the season gets here Bruce and Dan are really going to get it...can you imagine this team starting off 1-4 or 0-5. Its going to be HOT!

I think it'll get hot way before that in fact.

The rumors/reporting of us inquiring about Flacco doesn't make them look good. They made a dumb move last year and are reportedly doubling down on it. Which is kinda scary.

Last offseason you had reports of heating between Jay and Bruce about how the latest conducted the team during FA and did not address what they needed too. And somehow, HHCD is part of this too...

You can expect them to go bold at QB on another stupid move once again that will have us even more cap stranded, and Bruce will then go super cheap on everything else because we are supposedly close.

If that's the path they go, you can bet that the home opener will look empty, or like an away game... There won't be any need for the team to start 1-4... But if they go this way and start 1-4, there'll be blood on the walls of Redskins Park before the end of the season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Heard from a source (take it or leave it) that Cooley was set to become the TE coach and Bruce Allen stepped in and said no.  Cooley absolutely done with this team per source and may not even return to the broadcast booth.  Added not many really want to be a part of the organization including Colt.

46 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Heard from a source (take it or leave it) that Cooley was set to become the TE coach and Bruce Allen stepped in and said no.  Cooley absolutely done with this team per source and may not even return to the broadcast booth.  Added not many really want to be a part of the organization including Colt.

Haven't heard anything out of Cooley in a long time.  Looks like his last tweet was in December.  At this point, isn't his entire relationship with the team his broadcast gig? 

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Haven't heard anything out of Cooley in a long time.  Looks like his last tweet was in December.  At this point, isn't his entire relationship with the team his broadcast gig? 

Will be very interesting to see if he returns to the booth.  He is very popular and it seemed like he was going to call games for a very long time like Sonny.  If he does leave I hope to God he tells everyone why.  Would really stick if someone like Cooley called out Allen.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He was on Sheehan's show recently.  He said he's about to reignite his podcasts that he does which is sponsored by the team. 

He's an interesting dude because while he acceded he's pals with many in the FO including Bruce -- he's more that willing to slam their approach-thought process about things.  I've heard him suggest multiple times now that if this is their QB plan for next year he doesn't expect the offense to be much of a force.  Granted, he's stating the obvious.  But it goes against the company line that they are close.

Chris Russell expounded today about what he hears from whomever he talks to in the FO which is:

They have a good enough team to be competitive and that's really almost the whole ball game.  The rest of it is an issue of catching breaks and sometimes lightening in a bottle. They don't see this as a rebuild at all and don't have the patience to do so.  They think they are close.   If so, wonder what their moves are going to be this off season.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Good. I hope they feel that way, don't think we need any big stupid moves, and just draft OL, DB, and receiving weapons, and then are shocked when we go 3-13 and they all get fired. That's best case scenario unless a QB falls in our laps that shouldn't...and this really isn't the draft for that.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chris Russell expounded today about what he hears from whomever he talks to in the FO which is:

They have a good enough team to be competitive and that's really almost the whole ball game.  The rest of it is an issue of catching breaks and sometimes lightening in a bottle. They don't see this as a rebuild at all and don't have the patience to do so.  They think they are close.   If so, wonder what their moves are going to be this off season.  

Ugh, what a lazy approach.  Be competitive enough so that if the rest the NFCE spirals downward we win the division.  I mean that's what happened last time the Skins won the division and almost happened this past year, so I get it.  But your left with a team with no real identity.  Scot had an identity he wanted to bring.  The approach now is let's just be good enough in as many areas as possible  so we can be around .500, and if we're lucky 10-6.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drowland said:

Ugh, what a lazy approach.  Be competitive enough so that if the rest the NFCE spirals downward we win the division.  I mean that's what happened last time the Skins won the division and almost happened this past year, so I get it.  But your left with a team with no real identity.  Scot had an identity he wanted to bring.  The approach now is let's just be good enough in as many areas as possible  so we can be around .500, and if we're lucky 10-6.    

That's a good summary of the vibe I got listening to this.  Agree its lazy and uninspiring.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

4 hours ago, drowland said:

Only quibble I have with your post is that word "now" as if that's a change to the way we've been doing things.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, drowland said:

Scot sucked as a GM lol. He had maybe 2 impact picks.

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A veteran QB and Landon Collins would be my guess.

56 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

You say that like we know there was no overrides from BA, DS, Gruden...  I don't disagree it didn't work out, but let's not pretend like this team really gives anyone a chance to succeed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

This is a false statement. Just in terms of draft picks alone he made a very positive impact. And what you and everyone who likes to trash him ignore is that he made huge strides in the back end of the roster so that when injuries happen guys stepped right in. That is also good on the staff but he was very good at finding the right talent for the system. If you look at people with what are considered "good drafts' there are about on par. 

You can't blame him for Bruce trading away or letting people walk, or injuries for that matter. Coming out of college Josh was one of th best if not the best WR prospect. That was widely agreed to most anyone paying attention. It has not worked out but that happens in the draft. Sherff, Jones, Corwder, Fuller Iaonnidis all impctful players. Jarrett was headed that way until injuries set him back. In 16 games with only 6 starts he had 58 tackles, 4 passes defended and a FF. 

Scot may have had his problems personally, but he was doing a good job picking players - especially when you consider BA not letting him do what was needed in FA. And we don't know where else Bruce shot him down. 

image.thumb.png.e4caf8aeed735fe862d5c49eb871835b.png

• Like 6

On 2/17/2019 at 1:33 PM, Gibbs828791 said:

This going to be classic. Once the season gets here Bruce and Dan are really going to get it...can you imagine this team starting off 1-4 or 0-5. Its going to be HOT!

Yep, and I think our home games overrun by out of towners every week will be a national story... those 2 better hope our first few games do not include the travel well fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Still can't hope for a lost season..still a die hard Redskins fan.

A lost season is absolutely what is in the best interest of this franchise.  But don't worry it won't happen because delusional Bruce Allen thinks they are close to playoff push.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So am I. I just consider myself a smart one, who has the bigger picture in mind. 

I agree.  Though if Dan boots Bruce, there’s no guarantee he doesn’t rehire Vinny.

But the status quo has to change.  This group can’t get it done.  

And boo to the media for not following up “we’re close” with “close to what?”

Close to 9-7 and a possible playoff appearance? Maybe.  Close to a true contender? Not a chance. 

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Yep, and I think our home games overrun by out of towners every week will be a national story... those 2 better hope our first few games do not include the travel well fans.

It was Lafamina who created all that.  The new executives are “engaging with our fans” and the crowds will be great.  Bruce said so.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kwitt said:

A lost season is absolutely what is in the best interest of this franchise.  But don't worry it won't happen because delusional Bruce Allen thinks they are close to playoff push.

No it's not..it most certainly is not...Snyder loosing this team as in having to sell or choosing to sell is what's in the best interests for this franchise..till than ride or die ****es..

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So am I. I just consider myself a smart one, who has the bigger picture in mind. 

Fair enough...I respect that

• Like 1

• TK locked this topic