Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Man from the outside looking in this seems like Bruce and Dan don’t get the joke and maybe blame Brian for the woeful attendance this year. Instead of seeing that this is all the result of a subpar product for decades rather than a change in marketing that just so happened to coincide with lower ticket sales. Obviously, I have no idea what went on behind the scenes so I’ll hold judgement and pray that my instinct is wrong because I preferred the cold water to the face dose of reality the marketing team used admitting there was no season ticket waitlist and the better food was a step in the right direction trying to make coming to the stadium a worthwhile use of time. I guess we will see but with the egos involved it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they just looked at the numbers from last year to this year and think they can do things better.

I thought these people were very receptive to fans ideas and input to improving the game day experience from a season ticket holder prospective.  I think these people leaving are a result of lack tickets sold.  It may have been the idea of the new executives to not sell ticket packages to third party brokers and promote the end of the sold out/waiting list sales that didn't go over well with Snyder and Allen 

Craig Hoffman who broke the story, just on 106.7, he said he hasn't talked to Lafemina yet but from conversations before -- his theories (and I'll re-listen to it when I can to make sure I got him right because I was in the middle of something during it) are:

Lafemina was a Dan idea or an idea brought to Dan by someone else -- not a Bruce idea

Bruce sees the organization and the perception of how the world sees it much different than Lafemina and crew.  Those different world views clashed.  Dan seemed to agree with Bruce more -- Craig implying he thinks both of them live by Redskins nostalgia-old world view.   In other words, Lafemina sensed the fans being mad much more than Bruce-Dan. 

Bruce doesn't like how fans see Lafemina as a savior -- again Hoffman speculation as opposed to fact but I presume he got that impression somehow.  Hoffman typically one of the nicer people to Bruce -- heck months back one of the more pro FO people on the board even billed Hoffman as a Bruce guy -- I said back then that would be taking it too far but Hoffman isn't as harsh towards Bruce and most others.

The Reuben Foster signing and how they handled it within the media was likely the straw that broke the camels back.  Caused some serious tension between them and the football people. 

If they were canned or quit (Bye quit for sure) either way its likely somewhat of a mutual parting with Lafemina being at odds with the image Bruce/Dan sees for the team and how to fix it. 

I wonder and the tweet below doesn't sound far fetched to me

Grant Paulsen just on 106.7, said he heard rumblings among other things of tension since November with Bruce not liking that Lafemina was seen as some kind of savior with fans.

He doubled down on the same thing was a cause of tension with Scot and Bruce.  And before the Bruce defense league (granted a small group) comes after me, yeah Grant has acknowledged there were other reasons that led to Scot's departure that were Scot's doing.  However, Grant and the 106.7 guys who broke the Scot story never said the WP was wrong about Bruce not liking that Scot got credit with the fans whereas they didn't like him -- they just said it wasn't the main reason why he was fired.

If I detect a theme here.  It's almost like Bruce reads this thread and twitter, listens to talk radio, etc and can't stand the narrative that other people are going to save the organization from HIM.  And he's so convinced that he's all that -- he tells himself watch how well this team thrives without these so called saviors THEN they will credit him.

Archived