Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

...Chris Spielman, former player and media guy and the younger brother of the Vikings GM? Chris Spielman who has zero personnel experience? WTF are these rumors. So dumb. 

Are we talking about the same guy who couldn't get Redskins names and who ex Redskins players played where during the eagles game?...yeah...no thanks

10 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

news is coming so fast!

I would caution everyone, this is like the draft.  Lots of competing agendas by agents and teams putting our “stuff” in order to shape a narrative.

My advice: Relax, don’t overreact, don’t believe everything which is reported and just bask in the fact it seems real change is coming.  

We will all have ample time to be incredulous about Dan’s stupidity after whatever happens actually, you know, happens.

Today is all about Bruce being out of football ops, the last time we have to see a Greg Manusky Defense, and hopefully locking down the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

What happens next will happen next.  but remember what the great philosopher Yoda taught us:

329105A0-4506-4479-900D-9E5E7C380EE0.jpeg.6e0e5b98fd090ee7b88b9a40a6ff166e.jpeg

14 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Nothing would be more Dan Snyder.  Culture and franchise falling apart due to whos running it?

Take the guy everyone hates, give him a slightly different role, then take his best friends in the organization and rearrange the chairs, call someone else head of "Football Operations" and say "See, we changed EVERYTHING and fixed it!"

The fact that a nuke hasnt been dropped into this front office is proof positive that nothing will ever change until Dan Snyder sells the team or dies.  Id put the odds on this franchise having to leave DC in 5 years at greater than 50/50 now.

This is a little off-topic but definitely related.  

After the news of yesterday, I pulled on a Redskins sweatshirt for this first time since 2017.  I swore after that horrific loss to the Giants in week 17 of 2016 I would not wear the colors until either the team proved they knew what they were doing and won significant games, or real change was made. Which I’m my mind was both Bruce and Jay has to go and they had to stop farting around with the Cousins cha-cha-cha..  

This wasn’t out of embarrassment, it was out of a desire to not openly support a team I though was going down the wrong path in just about every aspect.  As an aside, I also canceled my companies seats at FedEx, which we had been using for clients and prospects at the same time.  

I was CLOSE (insert Bruce Allen “we’re close” joke here) to donning the colors in public again after the 6-3 start last year, but there was SO much luck involved I was going to wait and see how that movie played out before making the decision to openly support the team again.  Then catastrophe struck and you know the rest. 

Jay exited stage left earlier this year, Bruce is being relegated to the D-team tomorrow, and Haskins looks to me to at least be a good QB prospect worth developing and seeing how it goes.   So at the very least, I have 1 day to celebrate those facts before being shocked at Dan’s ineptitude in the new hires tomorrow. :P 

So I’m wearing my old pull over and going out.  Granted, only to the grocery store and Bed, Bath and Beyond, but out. 

If Dan completely botches these hirings up (and my definition of botching it is probably different than a lot of posters) then the pullover goes back into the closet until they prove they can compete and win.  

But i have today at Safeway and Bed, Bath and Beyond baby.  (Yes, my life is that boring)

13 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Nothing would be more Dan Snyder.  Culture and franchise falling apart due to whos running it?

Take the guy everyone hates, give him a slightly different role, then take his best friends in the organization and rearrange the chairs, call someone else head of "Football Operations" and say "See, we changed EVERYTHING and fixed it!"

The fact that a nuke hasnt been dropped into this front office is proof positive that nothing will ever change until Dan Snyder sells the team or dies.  Id put the odds on this franchise having to leave DC in 5 years at greater than 50/50 now.

Lets actually see what happens before having a meltdown. All we have now is media speculation. 

16 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Absolutely 100% spot on here..Get Snyder Out Now!!!

Whoever the coach is our schedule is easy and the NFC East sucks. As long as the the defensive coordinator isn’t suffering from massive traumatic brain injury like the last 3, we are going to be playing meaningful games in December. The roster is not horrible and the cap situation is going to be good. Feels like it’s going to be one those playoffs every 5 years type of season.

Hes not my first choice, but I could absolutely live with Rivera as HC.  Hes a very good defensive mind and could really do some things with the guys on that side of the ball.  Especially if we get Chase.

The thing that really stands out though is how every report after his firing indicated he's just a really good dude.  Total class act.  We could use a whole lot of that around here, obviously. 

On the other hand, Bruce staying on even as Snyder's resident gimp would be completely unacceptable.

Was Rivera actually known for good defenses in CAR? Seems like people just repeat things. Over 65% of his seasons there were losing seasons, despite having a franchise QB in place. He seems overrated just because people like him and he talks the talk. I know Gentleman sucked, but come on.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Was Rivera actually known for good defenses in CAR? Seems like people just repeat things. Over 65% of his seasons there were losing seasons, despite having a franchise QB in place. He seems overrated just because people like him and he talks the talk. I know Gentleman sucked, but come on.

The reason I like Rivera is because he fully embraced what Cam could do and went with it, instead of trying to force Cam into being something he is not.

The defenses have been good and they play a tough brand of football. 

He is accountable for his record.  But I think Cam injury situation, Gettleman being Gettleman, and a few other factors need to be considered as well.

Also, he seems like a stand up guy, no nonsense, but players like him. 

He’s not Lombardi, but I like a lot about him.  

Archived