Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

So i recently (today lol) learned I have a “contact” on the Skins coaching staff. From what I hear, all the players and a lot of coaches know Bruce is an issue and that the report on some coaches not wanting to come here because of Bruce is accurate 

My contact agrees with your contact:

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Got free tix. I’ve never seen anything like it. 

80-20 Iggles fans.  It was quiet as a church when the Skins did well and deafening when the Iggles did anything 

It was nuts 

You f'ed up - should have sold them to Eagles fans.

I still think Brice is done.  I just think it’s going to take a while to announce it. 

Unless Meyer is ok coming here with Bruce in place.  That would change the equation. 

I could see Dan giving Meyer full personnel control but keeping Bruce as well, kindof like the arrangement he and Shanahan had. 

If Meyer could live with that, then Bruce might survive.  

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I don't know. I think it was PI, too. The defender clearly hit Simms well before the ball got there. He trapped his arm in the collision and the defender was not playing the ball. I think the only reason it wasn't called a PI under review is because refs stick up for each other. Bad non-reversal in my book.

It was stupid to challenge though and I agree it was pass interference.  If he was tackled by the defender, right before the ball got there, it would still have been an unwise challenge (If not as stupid) as there it would have probably only been a 2% chance they'd reverse it in that instance.  

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn it, you got me. I was hanging on every word with anticipation.  Well done sir.

King Brice was his name, right?

Yeah you gotta be old school to get that reference :ols: 

16 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

People don't generally decide not to share when someone's job is safe..  Unless i'm reading this incorrectly

I read it that way as well but was thinking maybe it was just me trying to read something positive that I wanted to see into it.  Hopefully he knows Bruce is gone and doesn't want to reveal it yet for whatever reason.  Fingers crossed.  🤞

10 hours ago, nonniey said:

It was stupid to challenge though and I agree it was pass interference.  If he was tackled by the defender, right before the ball got there, it would still have been an unwise challenge (If not as stupid) as there it would have probably only been a 2% chance they'd reverse it in that instance.  

Not a stupid challenge at all. It's all about risk reward. The time was under 6 minutes. If successful you get 1st and goal at I believe the 5 instead of 2nd 10 at the 34. That is a huge difference. Granted the likelihood of getting turned over were not that high,  the potential reward was well worth the risk.

Had this been say 1st half or early 2nd and the play was the same, I would agree, not the best challenge. But all things considered including time left, score, potential change in field position and the play itself, it was well worth it. 

I've listened to Keim multiple times on the subject.   I take his position as there is a lot of smoke that Bruce is on his way out.  Yet, some items in the past had smoke too and didn't bear out.  A lot more smoke this year than last year about Bruce.  Last year at this point he didn't think Bruce would be canned.  This year he believes he will.

Yet its all about Dan.  Just think about our own lives, it's not like we always just make a decision and stick to it no matter what.  Dan might be thinking one thing now but could be thinking something else a week from now.  So he's not so confident where he's going to make a prediction and say its set in stone.

That stance seems to be the same one had by Finlay though Finlay seems to like to double down that he expects Bruce to be gone. 

Archived