Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

29 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

There is absolutely no way that Dan and The Redskins franchise can survive with Bruce being  involved in any capacity. I keep hearing people link Bruce to the stadium deal and the fact that he is a "political" type of figurehead but in my mind this guy embodies what most people freaking hate about politicians, he is completely out of touch with reality and doesn't give a crap what the fans think. He has probably mad it harder to get a deal done because he is such an unlikable turd.

They were supposed to make an announcement regarding the stadium this year.

I believe this ship has sailed quite far as the year is nearly over and subject is about Bruce being on the hot seat.

It's hard to get a stadium deal when you're most likely about to get fired.

37 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I would imagine, if in fact Bruce was handling the hiring of the last HC, Dan was not the one making inquiries with agents or representation, then Bruce was able to (and FULLY capable of) insulating Dan from any negative pub.  Even if Dan was sitting in on the interviews, Bruce likely was responsible for producing candidates, as well as setting up interviews.  He likely had someone call the other coaches representation and any "He'll never work with / for Bruce," likely never found it's way into Dan's ear.  

This is kind of a conspiracy theory, but I don't think it's an irrational thought, and the rumors of Dan looking into Bruce's role here with the team... we've never really heard that before.  There are now reports that Coaches are saying they wont come here to work with Bruce.  These are the only things I can think would happen that could get Dan to ultimately make a move. 

Well you can't stay in Bruce's position without stopping lots of stuff going to Dan. I don't really see this as conspiracy, as I believe this happen more than we think. Bruce is in position to block that stuff and have to do it to remain in position.

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

They were supposed to make an announcement regarding the stadium this year.

I believe this ship has sailed quite far as the year is nearly over and subject is about Bruce being on the hot seat.

It's hard to get a stadium deal when you're most likely about to get fired.

Well you can't stay in Bruce's position without stopping lots of stuff going to Dan. I don't really see this as conspiracy, as I believe this happen more than we think. Bruce is in position to block that stuff and have to do it to remain in position.

Or at least he HAS been, but i wonder if Dan is starting to see more and more of it.... well... I hope.... 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay and Paulsen just on talking with each other, both think Bruce is out.  Finlay thinks there is some good traction on the Bieniemy rumors. 

I still can't believe Dan is willing to hire the head coach before the GM again. I'd have thought Shanny wanting Bruce would be enough to make him avoid it if he's willing to fire Bruce now.

Man, Eric Bienemy certainly doesn’t have a whole lot of coaching experience other than RB coach. I’m sold on it just because I believe the type of offense Chiefs run is only way a pocket QB will keep up with the more athletic QBs moving into the future (I consider Mahomes a pocket QB in today’s NFL). It’d be nice to be somewhat ahead of the curve, in that regard. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay and Paulsen just on talking with each other, both think Bruce is out.  Finlay thinks there is some good traction on the Bieniemy rumors. 

Good on the Bruce front. Bad on Bienemy if only for the fact that it means Dan and Bruce picked him.  So still doing it wrong even with Bruce gone.

15 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Good on the Bruce front. Bad on Bienemy if only for the fact that it means Dan and Bruce picked him.  So still doing it wrong even with Bruce gone.

You people (WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE!?) keep saying Bruce is gone. Just like people kept saying Williams was getting traded. And it led to heartbreak and disappoint. Think of Bruce as that song from Lamb Chop back in the day... "This is the GM that never ends, he goes on and on my friends! Some people, started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it not knowing just because!"

Bruce is here until he's not. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

You'll be healthier.

Bieniemy is actually a really sensible HC hire. He’s a creative mind that is from a successful coaching tree. 

The issue is that he will not succeed here without a competent FO (much like anyone else). My suggestion is to hire Mike Borginzi along with Bieniemy. 

54 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Man, Eric Bienemy certainly doesn’t have a whole lot of coaching experience other than RB coach. I’m sold on it just because I believe the type of offense Chiefs run is only way a pocket QB will keep up with the more athletic QBs moving into the future (I consider Mahomes a pocket QB in today’s NFL). It’d be nice to be somewhat ahead of the curve, in that regard. 

I read the long article about him.  The gist of their points were:

A. Reid has called the plays but Bienienmy and Mahomes both have input on third and 4th down calls

B.  He's a run first kind of guy, run sets up the pass, old school in that regard.  But he also believes in the passing game.

C.  Seems like a tough love kind of guy but not hardcore on that front with players liking him.

I am undecided on Bieniemy.  Like you, I do like the KC pedigree and their offense.  But I don't think I know enough about him yet to fully embrace it.   For sure, I don't hate it since there are candidates mentioned here and there who I would hate and Bieniemy wouldn't be among those. 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I still can't believe Dan is willing to hire the head coach before the GM again. I'd have thought Shanny wanting Bruce would be enough to make him avoid it if he's willing to fire Bruce now.

Agree, it's backwards.  Bad sign.   It could also be even worse if Dan is indeed doing it with the GM running it and that dude would be Bruce -- meaning he's coming back. 

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You people (WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE!?) keep saying Bruce is gone. Just like people kept saying Williams was getting traded. And it led to heartbreak and disappoint. Think of Bruce as that song from Lamb Chop back in the day... "This is the GM that never ends, he goes on and on my friends! Some people, started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it not knowing just because!"

You'll be healthier.

Oh yeah. I was just commenting on the rumor.  Brucifer still walks the halls. I've never been confident he was going anywhere.

Did anybody see a tweet yesterday saying that Bruce was having a press conference Thursday (I assume yesterday) at 7Pm EST? I saw it and got excited and waited for it (I saw it around 6:20) and then looked for both the streaming press conference, and the original tweet and got nothing. Had to tell my wife I got played by a twitter troll

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

You'll be healthier.

Lamb chop? 🐏 🤔

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I read the long article about him.  The gist of their points were:

A. Reid has called the plays but Bienienmy and Mahomes both have input on third and 4th down calls

B.  He's a run first kind of guy, run sets up the pass, old school in that regard.  But he also believes in the passing game.

C.  Seems like a tough love kind of guy but not hardcore on that front with players liking him.

I am undecided on Bieniemy.  Like you, I do like the KC pedigree and their offense.  But I don't think I know enough about him yet to fully embrace it.   For sure, I don't hate it since there are candidates mentioned here and there who I would hate and Bieniemy wouldn't be among those. 

Hmm... 

Id only want him if he believes 100% in the offense being ran in KC 😕 

If the team is going to become some run first type offense, then I’d always rather go with a defensive genius type coach. Have an edge on one side of the ball. With that said, Reid believes in a run first type offense, but is creative in how to do it, even to point of using bubbles, screens, quick tosses as an extension of the run game. 

With his lack of experience I’d also want him to be a high EQ guy. Tough to get true understanding of how well he’s respected when an assistant coach, not that it’s automatic, but it’s much easier be like when a position or assistant coach. 

Any idea what Colorado ran when he was the OC? 

11 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Hmm... 

Id only want him if he believes 100% in the offense being ran in KC 😕 

If the team is going to become some run first type offense, then I’d always rather go with a defensive genius type coach. Have an edge on one side of the ball. With that said, Reid believes in a run first type offense, but is creative in how to do it, even to point of using bubbles, screens, quick tosses as an extension of the run game. 

With his lack of experience I’d also want him to be a high EQ guy. Tough to get true understanding of how well he’s respected when an assistant coach, not that it’s automatic, but it’s much easier be like when a position or assistant coach. 

Any idea what Colorado ran when he was the OC? 

Not sure about Colorado, here's what Richardson said about him. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 11.22.16 AM.png

Listened to Denagelo Hall's latest podcast and man was it nauseating.  Basically a tribute to Bruce and how he does a great job (Hall providing no specifics on why) and if the Redskins get rid of him how hard he will replace because his greatness is partly about how many hats the dude wears.  

He said he flat out asked Trent if he'd return if Bruce leaves and Trent didn't give him a concrete answer one way or another. 

Archived