Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

It’s pretty clear the status quo hasn’t changed. Anyone expecting change in the right direction is likely to be disappointed.

Oh, you guys are still waiting for the firing of Bumbling Bruce as if it's going to make any difference?

:rofl89:

Aren't most of you the same exact fans that got excited the day Vinny got **** canned almost exactly 10 years ago?

Has Dan Snyder emerged from the dark shadows to take ownership of this 20 year cluster **** of his own creation with a plan for rectifying his predicament?

Oh, nothing at all? Just crickets?

But, just wait, once Bruce is gone then everything will once again be right in the world...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Oh, you guys are still waiting for the firing of Bumbling Bruce as if it's going to make any difference?

Aren't most of you the same exact fans that got excited the day Vinny got **** canned almost exactly 10 years ago?

Has Dan Snyder emerged from the dark shadows to take ownership of this 20 year cluster **** of his own creation with a plan for rectifying his predicament?

Oh, nothing at all? Just crickets?

But, just wait, once Bruce is gone then everything will once again be right in the world...

Better than being excited about keeping Bruce around. 

Here is the thing. firing Bruce offers hope. There is a chance, that one day, Snyder will hire a good GM and get out of the way. With Bruce, there is no modicum of hope. Even if the next guy stinks, there will be a couple of years in the beginning where we can say, "you know what, lets at least wait and see how this pans out". Offering any bit of relief on the current stranglehold of suck that we are in is welcomed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ignorance is required in order to believe that there's hope.

Proof of there being no hope at all is that the 21 year team owner just decided once again that he really does know enough to pick the QB himself with another 1st rounder. He's already used 3 this decade on a failed QB. He just can't help himself and with nothing but yesmen around how can he possibly fail? Until he predictably does in hilarious fashion.

It's like sending a crackhead/methhead gambler to Vegas and expecting him to win millions instead of ending up on skid row.

I'm just going to go with reality.

34 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Edit 

First, no one, and I mean not a single person has said, or even come close to saying all will be right with the world when Bruce is fired. We all - and i mean ALL, understand that the ultimate issue is Dan. But Dan is not firing himself. So you are jsut making that up. 

Not only is Bruce next in line he is also a POS. So while it probably will not make any difference, him staying here will continue to make it worse. So yes, I will feel like we at least some minor glimmer of hope. Will it likely turn out the same way? Yes, probably. But doing nothing is worse. Not sure why that's so hard to see for some. 

I mean what is your answer, just give up? **** that! The only thing that has a chance of making a change that has any real chance of actually happening is bruce being fired and dan dumbing his way into a better situation. And maybe, just maybe he has learned something. Doubtful. But leaving the same is a guarantee it never gets better. So pardon me if i take a little solace in at least getting rid of one POS even if it just means another takes it place. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Proof of there being no hope at all is that the 21 year team owner just decided once again that he really does know enough to pick the QB himself with another 1st rounder. He's already used 3 this decade on a failed QB. He just can't help himself and with nothing but yesmen around how can he possibly fail? Until he predictably does in hilarious fashion.

It's like sending a crackhead/methhead gambler to Vegas and expecting him to win millions instead of ending up on skid row.

Brother, if you are so hopeless, why on earth do you still hang around? Maybe come back if/when Snyder sells the team? But I don't see that happening so...

Masochism is required to be completely void of hope but still care enough to hop on message boards and argue about how hopeless things are 🤪

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

None of this is wrong. 

It's still a good thing to fire Bruce Allen after 10 ****ing years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Maybe you are correct. But I don't create an alternate reality in order to allow myself to pretend that there is some hope.

Maybe if enough of us clown Doofus Dan Snyder with the reality of his ineptitude he will eventually sell the team.

We already know that he is embarrassed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

First, no one, and I mean not a single person has said, or even come close to saying all will be right with the world when Bruce is fired. We all - and i mean ALL, understand that the ultimate issue is Dan. But Dan is not firing himself. So you are jsut making that up. 

Not only is Bruce next in line he is also a POS. So while it probably will not make any difference, him staying here will continue to make it worse. So yes, I will feel like we at least some minor glimmer of hope. Will it likely turn out the same way? Yes, probably. But doing nothing is worse. Not sure why that's so hard to see for some. 

I mean what is your answer, just give up? **** that! The only thing that has a chance of making a change that has any real chance of actually happening is bruce being fired and dan dumbing his way into a better situation. And maybe, just maybe he has learned something. Doubtful. But leaving the same is a guarantee it never gets better. So pardon me if i take a little solace in at least getting rid of one POS even if it just means another takes it place. 

2 minutes ago, dballer said:

Brother, if you are so hopeless, why on earth do you still hang around? Maybe come back if/when Snyder sells the team? But I don't see that happening so...

Masochism is required to be completely void of hope but still care enough to hop on message boards and argue about how hopeless things are 🤪

I mean, I don't have a great outlook on many Redskin related things at the moment... But I think the core of the issue is Bruce Allen.

I know, Snyder owns the team, but I strongly believe that Snyder is influenced by the people he trusts. He trusted Cerrato. He trusted Gibbs. He trusts Allen. And he does what those guys think is best in a good majority of situations.

So the hope that he finds a guy that is a competent football person, that he trusts and listens to, isn't out of the realm of possibility. The problem is that he typically hires people who are unfit for the position. And that is absolutely a concern here. He is, by track record, likely to hire a guy who is unfit and a person he shouldn't put his trust in.

But there is a chance that he and the fanbase get lucky and he finds a guy who knows his **** that knows how to navigate Snyder.

If that happens, this team can turn around quite quickly.

There are some talent issues, but this team is not totally talent deprived.

There are "political" issues at play, Allen leaving at the very least temporarily solves them. It may be very temporary, but Allen's release changes a lot of dispositions. 

In my estimation, the issue here isn't hope. There is plenty to be hopeful about. It's believing that Snyder is going to get rid of his friend and a man he trusts. Regardless of what we think of Snyder as an owner, he has demonstrated that he is loyal to an absolute fault to the people that he trusts and has in his circle. That's the larger concern.

Hope will never be the issue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

Maybe you are correct. But I don't create an alternate reality in order to allow myself to pretend that there is some hope.

....who here is “creating an alternate reality”? Oh wait. nobody. What everyone Is saying is that obviously Bruce needs to leave. Nobody is saying the next guy will be any better. Hence, no “alternative reality”. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Interesting read and comments from Vinny on how his firing went down.

I never knew this, (or I did and had forgotten?). Either way, interesting stuff.  

Im fine with Dan trying to get his favorite players involved as long as they are held accountable and put in positions where they can succeed with the skills we already know they have. Rather that be interpersonal/PR skills (D. Hall wants back in) or mentoring/economic (sounds like the angle they want out of A. Smith). Basically im ok with anything they try, AS LONG AS people are held accountable. Getting rid of Bruce is a big step toward that, but I would like to see someone with a full on "**** you no I wont take any of your **** and I dont care what your name is" attitude as GM to make it run. I dont know who that person would be. But I wouldn't be comfortable without them. 

Honestly my dream is Billacheat coming here when hes done coaching and running the org from the top. I think he has proven that his goal is to be the best ever and that he knows that requires discipline and accountability. I know it wont happen, but thats the type of personality I mean. 

Dan is the worst owner in sports.  But the idea that Bruce is some innocent dupe at the death star to me is comical.  Yeah it's possible that Dan can get someone worse.  But I wouldn't bet on it.  Heck even the Cerrato analogy that people use -- heck I'd take that dude over Bruce.  Dan under Cerrato wasn't as reclusive.  The team wasn't as cheap.  It wasn't as nasty and as unlikable -- though it certainly had symptoms of it but this version IMO is worse.  I don't think its a coincidence that fans weren't checking out in the Vinny era but are checking out now.  I don't have faith in Dan but heck I do think just the law of averages dictate that he will beat those 2.  And yeah his dysfunction will dilute any new hire but on that front it just is what it is.  

Bruce Allen, labeled Prince of Darkness by the Tampa media before he got here, the same dude who negotiated players situations there very similar to how he dealt with Kirk and Trent according to an agent who dealt with him in Tampa....Bruce to me has doubled down on the worst instincts of Dan and added his own stamp including the idea of hiding like a coward from the media-public.  He helped double down on the vindictiveness and instead of just suing old ladies -- how about also being nasty to star players and agents and anyone who leaves that building.  Instead of overpaying for assistant coaches as some accused Dan of doing under Vinny.  New school Dan, wants to keep Haslett to save a few bucks.   So it's a cheaper, nastier, most reclusive version.   

Dan before was George Steinbrenner in some ways.  Steinbrenner for his many faults would spend money.  Agents-players would get compensated and many liked him for that reason.  Now Dan has all of Steinbrenner's faults but without any of his few upsides.  That to me is the Bruce legacy.   Yankees in the 80s were dysfunctional but at least not boring.  They can sell tickets and get people to watch on TV.   This team is dysfunctional, cheap, and boring and nastier then ever. 

Dan is the most incompetent owner in sports.  But I think the idea that Bruce is a concoction of Dan through and through is likely a fantasy.   Both points can be true at the same time.  The fact that Dan has a buffoon running the team and he is bleeding fans for that action yet he does nothing -- enhances his stupidity and how out of touch he is.  and for those who say Bruce is just covering up for Dan, that's why he loves him.  Well, yeah the person in Bruce's position with any team is going to cover for the owner plenty, it comes with the turf.  So will the next guy. 

But if Dan thinks that Bruce has successfully covered for him then he's a bigger fool than I already think he is considering no one is saying we love Dan, let's just get that fool Bruce out.  Dan is taking it on the chin in a much bigger way than he ever did with Vinny.  So if the idea is Bruce takes the bullets for him -- well that's been a comical fail.  The bullet has gone though Bruce and has hit Dan even harder. 

I get those hating on Dan and want to make everything his fault.  And I actually agree everything is all his fault.  It's Dan's structure.  His hires.  His clown show.  And while I do think Dan interferes.  I do partly buy the rap that he apparently tells people which is you guys wanted me to lay off interfering post Vinny.  Well I did. So now you are whining about what Bruce does? How am I going to ever win with you all?    The word "partly" is the operative word because I do think he sometimes still interferes.  But Dan the idea isn't to create some wacky FO structure where your politician buddy makes most of the calls and then you make some calls, too.  That's how you build a loser.  That's not real change.  That's not what real NFL teams, do.

But yeah to me I do not support keeping the dude who has brought his own brand of dysfunction to the soup which was different on some of those fronts to how Dan rolled before he got here.   Bruce to me was the perfect storm IMO to kill this brand.  Vinny's style at least had a little fun to it in spite of the incompetence.  Bruce's version is much darker, cheaper, boring and added some nastiness to it.  It's been the perfect combination to get people to check out.  Dan already had enough problems on his own but adding Bruce's jelly to Dan's peanut butter has made the sandwich even more vile than it was before.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Oh, you guys are still waiting 

So what the **** are you doing here?...piss off

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If anyone should feel smart, it’s TSO who called Riddick months ago.  And I feel sort of smart because I subscribed to his line of thinking.

But nothing has happened to Allen yet, let alone with Riddick...

I mean, I think most people would agree that Riddick is exactly the kind of play Snyder would pursue. But nothing has happened yet.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I mean, I think most people would agree that Riddick is exactly the kind of play Snyder would pursue. But nothing has happened yet.

Agree - a dummy from TV who was pounding the table for bust haskins and will be another Snyder buttbuddy - and perpetrate more losing, that is exactly the type of hire danny boy would make

Any opinion on if Riddick would be good at the job? I know, cart before the mutant horse but im just curious. 

Just now, ggarriso said:

Agree - a dummy from TV who was pounding the table for bust haskins and will be another Snyder buttbuddy - and perpetrate more losing, that is exactly the type of hire danny boy would make

.......Oh 

Just by the way you put this sentence together I get the feeling you wouldnt be happy with anything lol

• Thanks 1

Some tea leaves on Riddick...

I am pretty sure he's tight with Doug I forgot how I pieced that together but he hinted at it on one of the NFL live shows.

I heard Joe Gibbs likes him.

He loves Haskins

According to Chris Russell he heard that he wants this job

I got mixed feelings about Riddick personally.  I love him on TV.  Seems like a nice guy, he's smart, very articulate.  And he fits what I cry for which is put a real football guy in charge.  But probing deeper there are things to be concerned about.  He was let go by Philly and Roseman doesn't seem to think much of him.  And an insider here said he heard he wasn't the hardest worker when he was in this building.

I don't know.  But I'd certainly take him over Bruce.  I'd prefer Kyle over Riddick, though.   Vinny doesn't like him, maybe that's a good thing? 😀

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/12/ex-49ers-exec-vinny-cerrato-critical-of-louis-riddicks-gm-candidacy/

“It was interesting, I was texting with Howie the other day, he says, `It’s funny, He worked for me and you and San Francisco has not contacted either one of us about Louis. The two places that he worked,’ ” Cerrato said. “I guess they’re just using what they see on television.”

...Riddick was fired by Cerrato in Washington in 2008. He worked as a scout for Washington from 2001 through 2004 and as director of pro personnel in 2007. Riddick joined the Philadelphia Eagles as a scout in 2008, was assistant director of pro personnel in 2009 and director of pro personnel from 2010 through 2013.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

13 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Just in time for Christmas. Makes sense.

14 hours ago, MariusVT said:

In a very Redskins move, Allen was saying his goodbyes because he's firing everyone and getting a promotion to every front office job. #damngoodculture

This just crossed my mind last night, and it actually kept me from sleeping for about 30 minutes. Prior to the Battle of Midway in 1942, the US Navy, who had broken the Japanese code, knew the Japanese fleet was going to attack a US base, but they didn't know which one. So they sent out a message to their Pacific bases to report back on specific repairs they needed done. The base at Midway replied that their water purification system was acting up. The US Navy then intercepted a Japanese message saying that the target island was having trouble with their water purification system...so they knew the Japanese were heading towards Midway. It didn't turn out too well for the Japanese...they lost four aircraft carriers and the initiative in the Pacific War.

What's this have to do with the Redskins? Suppose Bruce went around saying his 'goodbyes' to people in the office, and giving each individual a slightly different anecdote. That way he could find out who leaked the info about him saying his goodbyes in the first place based on the details or specific language used... and then fire their @ss, further consolidating his power in Ashburn, which is the one thing Bruce Allen is good at.

Brucifer would have made a good CIA/KGB case officer with this level of deception. In many ways he's like Rasputin, whispering in the czar's (Snyder's) ear about all the disloyal people working for him and then getting rid of them. Let's hope Brucifer isn't as hard to 'kill' as Rasputin was!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 1