Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Hope Russel is right. What an amazing early Christmas gift! Bruce Allen gone from this team!!  It certainly does not guarantee certain success but we know at least one barrier to success will be gone! 

• Like 2

We will see what happens. I am not convinced just yet because Bruce Allen has been the one guy who seems to always survive all the badness this front office produces.  Maybe Snyder has been seeking out counsel and advice from folks outside the organization to come in and examine things and it has shed some kind of light on just how poorly the front office is at trying to build a team?

• Like 1

One big question we need answered though is what was the Snyder-Allen dynamic like as far as football personnel decisions.  For example, I'd like to know some things that will probably never be answered, but was it Snyder alone that wanted Haskins and Allen was used via proxy to convey that message to Gruden, or was Allen gaga over Haskins too?

If the issue was mainly that Allen had control of most football decisions, but pretty much was bad at having an eye for talent, then firing him will do a lot of good.  However, if Allen was really just being Snyder's sound of mind, then how does that change when the next guy comes in?

If I am a potential GM and am interviewing for the job here, I better have it in writing or some kind of secret pact behind closed doors that I actually have control of building the team am never told by Snyder who needs to be picked in the draft, or signed , etc etc etc....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I hope things are really hot.  My question is, if Dan fires Bruce, is there a replacement in place or is there in interim? 

I get the impression if something happens for whatever reason it will happen or be announced as soon as Tuesday at the owners meetings.  Sheehan seemed to heavily hint at it last week.  It came off to me that a source leaked something to him but told him to shut up about it. 

In my own business in a different capacity (where I am the source or a colleague) that happens from time to time.  In Sheehan's shoes, you can hint but you can't tell the whole story otherwise you are blowing up or angering a source. 

I say this because he piggybacked off of the Laconfora tweet as if yeah he knows and he told everyone this already.  He didn't really spill it out but he did say he heard that something relating to the front office might come out at the winter meetings.

Sheehan also was one of the dude's who said the GB game was likely Bruce's last stand.

So hopefully Sheehan's source is right.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

One big question we need answered though is what was the Snyder-Allen dynamic like as far as football personnel decisions.  For example, I'd like to know some things that will probably never be answered, but was it Snyder alone that wanted Haskins and Allen was used via proxy to convey that message to Gruden, or was Allen gaga over Haskins too?

If the issue was mainly that Allen had control of most football decisions, but pretty much was bad at having an eye for talent, then firing him will do a lot of good.  However, if Allen was really just being Snyder's sound of mind, then how does that change when the next guy comes in?

If I am a potential GM and am interviewing for the job here, I better have it in writing or some kind of secret pact behind closed doors that I actually have control of building the team am never told by Snyder who needs to be picked in the draft, or signed , etc etc etc....

I'm starting to think it was Allen's idea to draft Haskins..

4 hours ago, Theismann07 said:

Totally agree. But, this concept, which is so easy for us to see and understand, totally has escaped this man for 20 years. Maybe....just maybe...the lightbulb will go off.

He still doesn't realize that he's too dumb to overrule the entire scout team and choose the QB himself after 20 years of idiocy (like Haynesworth, McNabb, RG3, etc), even with a stacked deck of yesmen in house already they still didn't all agree with him,  and you think the lightbulb might go off? 

:rofl89:

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

and you think the lightbulb might go off? 

:rofl89:

He didn’t say it WILL go off, he said MAYBE. Those are two very different statements 😂😂😂 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He didn’t say it WILL go off, he said MAYBE. Those are two very different statements 😂😂😂 

IMO the "lightbulb" has been off the entire time.

24 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Bruce is cooked. About damn time!

Should they serve him at the next Harvestfest?

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Haha 3

The only way to do this and do it correctly is for Allen to be fired and removed completely from anything Redskins. You can not shuffle him over to a different department. The fans will not fall for that trick. Also, has to be in-season so fans can sense some sort of ownership is taking place within.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Do you think Dan will announce that he has hired Vinny for his third stint the same day as he fires Bruce or will he wait a few days? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Do you think Dan will announce that he has hired Vinny for his third stint the same day as he fires Bruce or will he wait a few days? 

Absolutely if he wants Redskin Park to he burned down. 

4 hours ago, Hooper said:

Yeah, I’m definitely worried we are going to move on from Bruce just to get a future lackey like Louis Riddick. 

Agree... but I said the same about Vinny. Our owner is great at one thing: finding new ways to sink lower. 

Why in the blue hell would Louis Riddick come to this mess? 

If Allen is out tomorrow, that's a start.  The one true thing that Snyder needs to learn is to give a GM true autonomy to let them do their job without interference.  If Snyder doesn't do this, then there's no point no matter what happens

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1