Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not so sure...a lot of the big stuff that has happened over the last several years had zero rumblings until they happened (hiring Scot, trading for Smith, Lafemina hiring, Lafemina firing lol)...

The challenge with rumor stuff on this front is it seems that some of the beat guys have sources who talk to Bruce or at least work with him closely but not really to Dan.  Dan seems to be the ultimate mystery.  And I doubt Dan leaks to Bruce if he plans to remove him.  I can see the Bruce quit scenario that Russell put out.  If that's the plan I think that might be an advance notice type of thing as opposed to a firing. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The challenge with rumor stuff on this front is it seems that some of the beat guys have sources who talk to Bruce or at least work with him closely but not really to Dan.  Dan seems to be the ultimate mystery.  And I doubt Dan leaks to Bruce if he plans to remove him.  I can see the Bruce quit scenario that Russell put out.  If that's the plan I think that might be an advance notice type of thing as opposed to a firing. 

A top-2 draft pick, $100M in cap space, no Bruce Allen...dare I say it might be enough to entice quality GM and HC candidates to consider the Redskins. (I just made up the cap space number, by the way lol)

23 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

A top-2 draft pick, $100M in cap space, no Bruce Allen...dare I say it might be enough to entice quality GM and HC candidates to consider the Redskins. (I just made up the cap space number, by the way lol)

Throw in 6-yr contracts for the HC and GM (like what Kyle and Lynch got in SF) then yes it would be enticing.  

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You cut a lot of the dead weight. Who knows how much cap space there might be

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Easy. You're an inept jackass that no one likes. You'll put up with a lot when you have no friends and everyone hates you.

The Shannahan debacle involved the owner disliking Mike towards the end, so Bruce appeared to be given a pass, the Gruden era was average until it wasn’t and here we are. 

I think it’s all coming to an end, whatever the hell that means lol

50 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If we release Williams, Norman and Reed we will have around 80m in cap space, not a bad guess though Califan007 👍

HTTR 

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

If we release Williams, Norman and Reed we will have around 80m in cap space, not a bad guess though Califan007 👍

HTTR 

Does getting rid of Colt, Case, Thompson, Vernon, Moses, Penn, Brandon, and Richardson open up more? We really don’t need them.

32 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

That would be hilarious after so many clowns acted like we couldn't get at least that earlier this year.

I can see a team at the end of the 1st round giving their 1st for Trent. But I'm guessing it's unlikely. Cleveland will likely be in the mix given that they have their franchise QB that they need to protect. If they can get Trent and go into 2020 with left tackle locked in it probably allows them to do a lot of things they couldn't do this year. Trent can still play if a team feels they're close. 

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Not so sure...a lot of the big stuff that has happened over the last several years had zero rumblings until they happened (hiring Scot, trading for Smith, Lafemina hiring, Lafemina firing lol)...

You are correct, but isn’t that because Bruce himself was involved? Maybe this point you make is even more revealing to the rumors possible truth? Who knows we can dream, I won’t be holding my breath..

Not difficult to piece together Trent returning to Skins with Allen gone, especially when Trent went out of his way strangely to compliment Dan during his one presser. 

Im on side of always keeping elite talent and believe Trent will remain elite for the entirety of another deal and next window of opportunity. 

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Not difficult to piece together Trent returning to Skins with Allen gone, especially when Trent went out of his way strangely to compliment Dan during his one presser. 

Im on side of always keeping elite talent and believe Trent will remain elite for the entirety of another deal and next window of opportunity. 

That's as likely as Kirk becoming a FA and signing back with the Redskins...

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Fake news. This isn’t happening.

If anything, Dan will announce Bruce getting a 10 year deal and ownership stake.

I'd agree with this. I think Dan had no problem with the #FireBruceAllen trending, but when he started hearing the sell the team chants, he just wanted to divert the attention back. I'm sure we're going to hear Bruce say something that makes everybody mad, but not answer any questions, somebody will be fired and we'll hear leaks that this was all their plan, and then Bruce will get another opportunity. 

Its kinda like a bad sitcom by now. Its sad because I really like Doug Williams, but I have a feeling he'll be the next one voted out of the FO. 

Owner Daniel Snyder is planning a complete evaluation of the Washington Redskins, multiple people with knowledge of the situation told The Washington Post on Saturday. The evaluation, which will take place at season’s end, could include a deeper assessment of President Bruce Allen’s 10 years with the team than has taken place in previous years, some of those same people said.

Snyder almost always holds year-end evaluations of his franchise, often away from the team’s Ashburn facility and usually with a small group of advisers, including Allen. It was at a similar session in January that Allen regained complete control of the franchise just weeks after the late-December firing of Brian LaFemina, who had been the team’s president of business operations and chief operating officer for less than eight months.

One person familiar with Snyder’s postseason plans cautioned against reading too much into this year’s evaluation. Still, NFL Network reported Saturday that the evaluation could be the most serious threat to Allen’s job during his time in Washington.

...Allen has been an unpopular figure among those inside team headquarters and fans who blame him for a particularly bad stretch in franchise history:

...Still, Allen has been Snyder’s point man in negotiations for a new stadium, and he is supposed to oversee the search for Gruden’s replacement. He has been planning to begin the coaching search in December.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/23/nfl-is-midst-play-action-boom-kirk-cousins-is-reaping-benefits/

16 hours ago, markmills67 said:

HTTR 

15 hours ago, dyst said:

Does getting rid of Colt, Case, Thompson, Vernon, Moses, Penn, Brandon, and Richardson open up more? We really don’t need them.

Don't forget about shedding Alex Smith's contract, which I believe is going to be around a 40 mil hit.  If we rebuild the right way, we aren't going to spend big bucks in FA as we should be collecting comp picks, so there is no reason for Alex Smith to be with this team at the start of the season.  

I also don’t have any real confidence Snyder has the connections or sway as an owner to rebuild the team successfully. It’s been my observation that he is viewed as impulsive and overestimates his evaluation acumen.

Who didn’t see this debacle coming. Drafted a raw rookie QB, kept an apparently lame duck coach with impossible expectations, and now look to have the option to draft a pro ready franchise QB. This organization squanders resources and well run organizations collect and cultivate resources. Our second round pick this year is gone and it will be like a low first rounder. You can’t script the ineptitude of the decision making process any better.

The next coach and GM may have the QB and schemes he runs dictated by Snyder because of the existing personnel and previous decisions that have been made. Quality football decision makers won’t want any part of that. So, sadly, Snyder and the organization May be stuck in neutral 

28 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Don't forget about shedding Alex Smith's contract, which I believe is going to be around a 40 mil hit.  If we rebuild the right way, we aren't going to spend big bucks in FA as we should be collecting comp picks, so there is no reason for Alex Smith to be with this team at the start of the season.  

We really should have taken the Alex Smith hit this year instead of waiting like most fans were calling for. I swear it seems like we would make a better GM.

Archived