Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

My pops was telling me a story about Snyder before he became owner of the 'SKins..... basically confirmed his personality... His friend worked with him and in order to get something to him or talk to him, even if he was standing in front of you, was to talk to the person next to him and have them relay the message. He would not address you or even look at you. You were not allowed to speak directly to him...

Seems like not much has changed... little Napoleon.

Whether these rumors are true or not would anyone care if the team was winning? Have you read Dancing w/ the Devil? If you have then tell me what you think about Mr. Cooke. There are just some awful stories about him and how he treated employees. How they had to address him a certain way or get fired. Look at how he treated his own family members? He screwed his own son out of owning the team. The other son he didn't talk to for several years. In the end did anyone care? No, cause he was the owner of the team during it's glory years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I think that a "George would be ashamed of you Bruce" would have more impact on Bruce than a "FireBruceAllen" sign.

This could be a good idea for a new thread. Submit your sign ideas and lets pick a few to put up.

Here's my sign:

How to Screw Up a Franchise:

image.jpeg.6d50576d61eb8c0e0252b05d8cc3df2c.jpeg

Please Sell The Team Dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

My pops was telling me a story about Snyder before he became owner of the 'SKins..... basically confirmed his personality... His friend worked with him and in order to get something to him or talk to him, even if he was standing in front of you, was to talk to the person next to him and have them relay the message. He would not address you or even look at you. You were not allowed to speak directly to him...

Seems like not much has changed... little Napoleon.

You got to be ****ting me??!!!!...we need to get this little fn dweeb the f out then..but if Jack was kinda the same way...I guess the skins just need to start winning and we'd forget about snyder's disgusting ways lol...I hear about the other owners in the nfl and wish the skins owner were more like them..

what a shame though

10 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Whether these rumors are true or not would anyone care if the team was winning? 

Not really.  I've come to grips with the fact that even if the team was to ever get it together, I know too much about Dan to ever take any joy in 'him' winning anything.  

But that's what makes this so bad, that I can't even enjoy this team as lovable losers anymore.  I used to make every excuse in the book about this team, the owner, etc.  Over time, with the plethora of information at our disposal, they are just incredibly difficult to like.  Dan doesn't speak anymore, but he does his speaking through Bruce, who every time he says something publicly, is incredibly hard to like and respect.  

That said, if they were just unlikable creatures but actually knew how to put together a football team, I'd let it go.  The problem is they don't, so they literally have zero redeemable features.  

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This could be a good idea for a new thread. Submit your sign ideas and lets pick a few to put up.

Here's my sign:

Please Sell The Team Dan

Dan Snydere is a cowboys fan undercover.

He's working for Jerry to put this franchise to shame.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rypienskinz said:

Didn’t someone supposedly ride in an elevator with Allen or so they claim?  Question. Did you say anything to him?  If not why?   

:ols:

What planet are you from?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

:ols:

What planet are you from?

I had seats behind the visiting college team back in 2011.  I “talked” to their head coach about his cheating scandals all game. Around the 4th quarter he finally turned around shook his head and glared at me. Good ol Chip Kelly. 

7 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I think that a "George would be ashamed of you Bruce" would have more impact on Bruce than a "FireBruceAllen" sign.

I think this is going too far. Leave his deceased father out of it. 

7 hours ago, markmills67 said:

I'm from the UK, if I lived in DC i would protest everywhere Allen will see it on gameday, starting at the road were they drive down to the stadium, then outside the stadium and finally inside the stadium. 

Allen OUT Allen OUT Allen OUT 

HTTR 

The very best way to protest your/our dissatisfaction with the Redskins is to stop going to the games. Stop buying their merchandise. It doesn't matter financially because Dan Snyder is wealthy beyond means no matter what.  But what does matter is his pride and being embarrassed nationally. When no Redskin fans show up to the games then he is totally embarrassed. I don't care how much cash you have, if you own a team and your fans have totally turned their backs on you that hurts your pride. So if someone could organize a blackout from that fans, which seems to already be happening, then that would be the best way. But to do it where literally no one shows up, that is a powerful statement. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Alexa said:

The very best way to protest your/our dissatisfaction with the Redskins is to stop going to the games. Stop buying their merchandise. It doesn't matter financially because Dan Snyder is wealthy beyond means no matter what.  But what does matter is his pride and being embarrassed nationally. When no Redskin fans show up to the games then he is totally embarrassed. I don't care how much cash you have, if you own a team and your fans have totally turned their backs on you that hurts your pride. So if someone could organize a blackout from that fans, which seems to already be happening, then that would be the best way. But to do it where literally no one shows up, that is a powerful statement. 

I haven’t been to an NFL game since 2010 and last redskins Items I bought were in 2012. This is really the only way. As long as people go to training camp, buy gear and support the business side of the team they will gladly take the profit and smile. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, skins island connection said:

There's 360 pages of talk directed at how pitiful and awful Bruce Allen is to this organization.

Where's the damned talk about what can be done to help speed this thing up?

This is the direction that the thread needs to go in.

Dan Snyder is the only one who can remove Bruce Allen from this team, and it will take effort to do so.

1. Protests? Maybe outside the stadium? In the stands?

2. Banners or billboards

3. Full page newspaper ad expressing the fans' displeasure of Allen and the demand for his removal

4. Contacting minority owners

5. Constant phone calls to the office demanding him being fired

6. Ads on the sides of city buses

There HAS to be a way to get to Snyder to get it through his thick skull that Allen is the problem, and fans are not going to go to games until he is removed. I sign on every day, hoping to see the headline that Allen is 'stepping down' or has been removed from the organization, and every day I am disappointed. This season is long gone, but if Allen is here for next season much less the draft, then this team is permanently lost. I don't want this happening to the team I grew up being a fan of, and yes I am just spit-balling but **** there's GOT to be some way to get the message through. The man is a ****ing jinx to this team, and it has gone on for too long, and its time for action.

With all due respet, I think there are threads where people are doing just these type of things. But I'd like to have a place where we can discuss the moves Bruce (and the FO) is making or not making without the underlying pressure of it being a sell the team type thing. I think there's a line between saying  "Bruce should be fired for ....." and calling for phone calls to get him fired or the team sold. 

As this is one of the threads I've been most involved in for the past 9 years, I'd like to keep this one as close to the on the field content as possible. 

Just my 0.02, so not sure how important it is, but I'm fine with the way this thread has been going for the 360 pages. And I'm not saying we should keep Bruce or Dan. 

the whole elevator stuff, not sure if people are talking about me?

In training camp, I was messing with my phone.  My kids were waiting for the elevator with my wife.  I hear someone loudly say to them hey its the Guice family.  My kids were wearing Guice jerseys.    I look up and its Bruce warmly greeting my kids.  Since he brought up Guice, I mentioned hoping he's healthy this season.  He agreed.  Then the elevator came. 

It wasn't exactly an easy venue to do it nor did I have time to air grievances to Bruce.    I had Scot McCloughan's ear for 2 hours via an auction I won years back.  And I grilled him in a lot.  He even said at the end dude you ask a lot of tough questions.

Yeah if I had Bruce in a setting like that, I'd enjoy grilling him.  But calling him out when he's basically greeting my kids would seem out of bounds to me.

I actually have emailed Bruce multiple times and even gotten a response from him.  I've written letters to Redskins Park, too.    I think I've put in more than my share go the extra mile efforts at pushing what I can.   And I am not done.  I've been on those threads of pushing Dan-FO for change.  I'd happily contribute money or whatever it takes to change things. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the whole elevator stuff, not sure if people are talking about me?

In training camp, I was messing with my phone.  My kids were waiting for the elevator with my wife.  I hear someone loudly say to them hey its the Guice family.  My kids were wearing Guice jerseys.    I look up and its Bruce warmly greeting my kids.  Since he brought up Guice, I mentioned hoping he's healthy this season.  He agreed.  Then the elevator came. 

It wasn't exactly an easy venue to do it nor did I have time to air grievances to Bruce.    I had Scot McCloughan's ear for 2 hours via an auction I won years back.  And I grilled him in a lot.  He even said at the end dude you ask a lot of tough questions.

Yeah if I had Bruce in a setting like that, I'd enjoy grilling him.  But calling him out when he's basically greeting my kids would seem out of bounds to me.

I actually have emailed Bruce multiple times and even gotten a response from him.  I've written letters to Redskins Park, too.    I think I've put in more than my share go the extra mile efforts at pushing what I can.   And I am not done.  I've been on those threads of pushing Dan-FO for change.  I'd happily contribute money or whatever it takes to change things. 😀

Then/than ya show your kids up and punch the douche right in the nose and tell your kids haaa...he thought he had fans...your dad will be fans of millions of people now lol

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Then/than ya show your kids up and punch the douche right in the nose and tell your kids haaa...he thought he had fans...your dad will be fans of millions of people now lol

LOL, yeah i should play fire with fire and act like I'd think Dan or Bruce would in a similar setting. 😀

But yeah seriously if I had him in a few minutes one on one I would have been more than glad telling him what I think.  I've done it in emails.  

If any of you guys want to do the same.  This is his email:  Allenb@redskins.com

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

LOL, yeah i should play fire with fire and act like I'd think Dan or Bruce would in a similar setting. 😀

But yeah seriously if I had him in a few minutes one on one I would have been more than glad telling him what I think.  I've done it in emails.  

If any of you guys want to do the same.  This is his email:  Allenb@redskins.com

Ya know I kid right..thanks for that info though 

• Like 1

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Ya know I kid right..thanks for that info though 

Sure, I know.   But if people want to let off steam to the dude, I've done it.  He even responded.  It was a token of something like "he will do what's best for the Redskins". 

It's been awhile.  The other times I've emailed him, he didn't respond. 😀

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sure, I know.   But if people want to let off steam to the dude, I've done it.  He even responded.  It was a token of something like "he will do what's best for the Redskins". 

It's been awhile.  The other times I've emailed him, he didn't respond. 😀

Damn...I wont e mail him then/than....I'm sure he has tons of hate mail

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Here's my sign:

image.jpeg.6d50576d61eb8c0e0252b05d8cc3df2c.jpeg

Please Sell The Team Dan

He just looks like a ****ing dweeb. You really do just feel hostility when you see him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Sadly, I'd take Cerrato over Allen any day of the week

The ONLY thing we are doing better now is not idiotically pissing away draft picks and drafting horrendous players that are forced onto the roster to say we kept all our players. Seriously, look at Cerrato's drafts.

And I give Allen very littel credit for that. Kyle Smith is the brain behind that, and he'll soon leave to build a winner elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

He just looks like a ****ing dweeb. You really do just feel hostility when you see him.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The ONLY thing we are doing better now is not idiotically pissing away draft picks and drafting horrendous players that are forced onto the roster to say we kept all our players. Seriously, look at Cerrato's drafts.

And I give Allen very littel credit for that. Kyle Smith is the brain behind that, and he'll soon leave to build a winner elsewhere.

Danny boy looks like he wears a C cup 😂😂😂  

Man I wish I was rich enough to offer him a deal he couldn't refuse for the team........oh well,  back to work 😢😢

• Haha 2

National and local media are now reporting Skins will take offers for Williams.  What changed the Prince of Darkness mind?  Public opinion? Fan Disgust?

Owner ordered it? His dad, George told him in a dream?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

National and local media are now reporting Skins will take offers for Williams.  What changed the Prince of Darkness mind?  Public opinion? Fan Disgust?

Owner ordered it? His dad, George told him in a dream?

What do you want to bet this is a "see we tried!" show?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That said, if they were just unlikable creatures but actually knew how to put together a football team, I'd let it go.  The problem is they don't, so they literally have zero redeemable features.  

Thats a key point IMHO and why I think alot of the fan base is actually actively cheering against them, they are repugnant at the ownership/FO level 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

With all due respet, I think there are threads where people are doing just these type of things. But I'd like to have a place where we can discuss the moves Bruce (and the FO) is making or not making without the underlying pressure of it being a sell the team type thing. I think there's a line between saying  "Bruce should be fired for ....." and calling for phone calls to get him fired or the team sold. 

As this is one of the threads I've been most involved in for the past 9 years, I'd like to keep this one as close to the on the field content as possible. 

Just my 0.02, so not sure how important it is, but I'm fine with the way this thread has been going for the 360 pages. And I'm not saying we should keep Bruce or Dan. 

Of course you are advocating keeping Dan and Bruce. You have been vigorously defending Haskins. That's the quintessential Dan move to overrule the football people and go with his impulses while Bruce acquiesces. Defending the Haskins pick is the same as defending Dan and Bruce and the way this team has been run for 20 years. Can't have it both ways...

• Like 1