Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

6 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Which is where the opportunity to escape accountability and market renewed hope for so many owners and executives presents itself. 

You are a wordsmith and a gentleman. I don't care what @TK or @MartinC says about you.

This, what you typed, is where we are as an organization. 

Unfortunately, for those of us who fancy themselves a comic book nerd, the Redskins are like Hydra. You cut off one head and another appears.

Schotty cut off Cerrato, but Cerrato resurfaced. Snyder/Shanahan finally cut off Cerrato, but Allen surfaced.

Until a football competent GM is hired, and has no lackey connections to our owner, the HydraSkins live.

I do think Bruce will retire at the end of the season. Everything that has come out in the last couple years lines up for that exit. He's already got his multi million dollar retirement home in Newport Beach. Finally sold his McLean house a month ago after listing it nearly double digit amount of times. I'm sure the wife has already moved their furniture out to california. He's long since sold off his real estate in Florida. 

Rule of thumb retirement age used to be 65, he's approaching that number. He doesn't have to continue to work for money, he's already loaded, he came from family wealth anyway. Any work he continues to do is probably just for his "legacy" 😆.

And there's been a fair amount of twitter talk from people around the league covering the NFL that have intimated that when Dan goes to hire a new coach in the offseason Bruce won't be a part of that procedure.

There's just enough pieces in place for his tenure to come to an end fairly soon. 

Of course Bruce deserves to be fired but Dan's mancrush and codependency (I'm sure) on Bruce for dealing with the league and politics, the new stadium, plus their commingled air of corruption, is completely tone deaf to that reality. Dan's just going to let him get up to that podium and wave goodbye, as if he actually did anything of worth beyond bringing back "yellow" pants. 

I have no idea the current state of the new stadium, clearly Bruce is involved in that operation. Maybe that thing is close to being wrapped up. I always thought the National Harbor area was the most promising location that I heard offered and bandied about over the last handful of years. 

Somebody go check to see if Bruce has already registered membership with the Newport Beach country club, check the tee times. 

16 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I do think Bruce will retire at the end of the season. Everything that has come out in the last couple years lines up for that exit. He's already got his multi million dollar retirement home in Newport Beach. Finally sold his McLean house a month ago after listing it nearly double digit amount of times. I'm sure the wife has already moved their furniture out to california. He's long since sold off his real estate in Florida. 

Rule of thumb retirement age used to be 65, he's approaching that number. He doesn't have to continue to work for money, he's already loaded, he came from family wealth anyway. Any work he continues to do is probably just for his "legacy" 😆.

And there's been a fair amount of twitter talk from people around the league covering the NFL that have intimated that when Dan goes to hire a new coach in the offseason Bruce won't be a part of that procedure.

There's just enough pieces in place for his tenure to come to an end fairly soon. 

Of course Bruce deserves to be fired but Dan's mancrush and codependency (I'm sure) on Bruce for dealing with the league and politics, the new stadium, plus their commingled air of corruption, is completely tone deaf to that reality. Dan's just going to let him get up to that podium and wave goodbye, as if he actually did anything of worth beyond bringing back "yellow" pants. 

I have no idea the current state of the new stadium, clearly Bruce is involved in that operation. Maybe that thing is close to being wrapped up. I always thought the National Harbor area was the most promising location that I heard offered and bandied about over the last handful of years. 

Somebody go check to see if Bruce has already registered membership with the Newport Beach country club, check the tee times. 

I also think Bruce will retire after this year.

24 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I called and left a voice mail with danielle..I asked if bruce Allen had a membership and current tee times set...fingers crossed she calls me back and can answer the question...I doubt it though. Lol

10 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

God no ****...that would solve all of the skins problems then wouldnt it?

All?  That is like saying having extra lifeboats would have solved the Titanic's problem. I think the hole in the hull is a fairly large problem as well. 

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I called and left a voice mail with danielle..I asked if bruce Allen had a membership and current tee times set...fingers crossed she calls me back and can answer the question...I doubt it though. Lol

Check with me next time before you go running off and do something like that. 

I actually have a connection back to U Richmond football. Interestingly enough my High School football coach was a scholarship player there with the spiders during the same time Bruce was on the team. Only difference my coach was an actual football player and played o-line. 

What you wanted to do was call up as one of the alumnus saying it was a Richmond reunion, or fake being one of the old timer former coaches, you could have gone the occidental college route and said you wanted to honor Bruce with some bozo award. There are ways and means guy. 

Keim's podcast today is really good.  He had Jason Reid on for part of it.  The one point that surprised me about Reid's part was he alluded to Bruce being a big part of the problem.  I am obviously a Bruce critic myself so its not that I didn't think that was off -- but I always thought Reid was a 100% its all on Dan guy.  He's no fan of Dan but he alluded to Bruce being a big part of the dysfunction or at least that's how I took his point.

Keim also said:

he knows some coaching candidates will flat out not take this job under the current FO structure

Kyle Smith is probably safe he doesn't see another team plucking him away

He can see Dan being into Bowles and Tomlin.  He believes Dan is pals with Tomlin, kids went to the same school or something like that

He doubled down on what Czaben said on one of his shows which is that Dan has stayed in touch with Gregg Williams so don't rule him out.

One NFL insider said that the coaches who would come here would be desperate or daring

13 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Check with me next time before you go running off and do something like that. 

I actually have a connection back to U Richmond football. Interestingly enough my High School football coach was a scholarship player there with the spiders during the same time Bruce was on the team. Only difference my coach was an actual football player and played o-line. 

What you wanted to do was call up as one of the alumnus saying it was a Richmond reunion, or fake being one of the old timer former coaches, you could have gone the occidental college route and said you wanted to honor Bruce with some bozo award. There are ways and means guy. 

Sorry..didnt stop to think about checking with ya first

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim's podcast today is really good.  He had Jason Reid on for part of it.  The one point that surprised me about Reid's part was he alluded to Bruce being a big part of the problem.  I am obviously a Bruce critic myself so its not that I didn't think that was off -- but I always thought Reid was a 100% its all on Dan guy.  He's no fan of Dan but he alluded to Bruce being a big part of the dysfunction or at least that's how I took his point.

Keim also said:

he knows some coaching candidates will flat out not take this job under the current FO structure

Kyle Smith is probably safe he doesn't see another team plucking him away

He can see Dan being into Bowles and Tomlin.  He believes Dan is pals with Tomlin, kids went to the same school or something like that

He doubled down on what Czaben said on one of his shows which is that Dan has stayed in touch with Gregg Williams so don't rule him out.

One NFL insider said that the coaches who would come here would be desperate or daring

Nobody is more desperate for a head coaching gig then Gregg Williams.....Unfortunately we need more than just a coaching change

On 10/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, ggarriso said:

I dont think N904TS is Dan's plane is it? I think he took his plane off all flight trackers

Lol, worried there might be a couple of people on the dark web version of eBay ordering some SAM's for use when a certain N904TS flies over their back yard BBQ on ANY random Sunday afternoon or Monday Night? 

On 10/9/2019 at 4:25 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

And we've officially discovered the rumor that would finally kill my redskins fandom/victimhood forevermore. That would do it. Not that it's thriving at this point, but that would kill it good and dead. What an epic ....ing moron Snyder is. He literally has NO IDEA whatsoever how to win in this league. NONE.  Literally every single idea he has is utter dog excrement, every single offing one. 

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sorry..didnt stop to think about checking with ya first

I was joking with that line, fella. I wasn't sure if you were joking yourself about contacting the country club, I figured you were, so that's why I used the old Dad line of "checking with me first." It was a joke. 

But since I also didn't know if you were being serious, because sometimes you get serious, I also added a for real response with very true matter of fact info. Essentially saying how I would have gone about it if I had felt so inclined to try calling (😁 lol) newport beach country club. Which is to be clear I find a hilarious premise, kinda crazy, but hilarious. 

Just now, Monk4thaHALL said:

I was joking with that line, fella. I wasn't sure if you were joking yourself about contacting the country club, I figured you were, so that's why I used the old Dad line of "checking with me first." It was a joke. 

But since I also didn't know if you were being serious, because sometimes you get serious, I also added a for real response with very true matter of fact info. Essentially saying how I would have gone about it if I had felt so inclined to try calling (😁 lol) newport beach country club. Which is to be clear I find a hilarious premise, kinda crazy, but hilarious. 

Lol ok..I kinda figured you were joking..but seriously I did call and left a voicemail..with a gal named Danielle..I didnt leave my number though...I loved your idea and will use it if she happens.to call me back lol

It just hit me how to fix this huge Redskins problem.   Sheehan says he thinks Snyder ask Joe Gibbs for his opinions.  We need to ask Joe Gibbs

to have a very serious conversation with the Danny to convince him to sell the team for either 2020 or 2021.   How will this happen you ask?  When the

DC government, VA legislature and MD legislature all let the Danny know they will not allow a stadium to be built with or without taxpayer funds.

Joe needs to be approached about having this conversation in order to save our fan base and to save the franchise.

Interesting interview with Former-Eagles President Joe Banner:

https://www.inquirer.com/news/eagles-joe-banner-best-nfc-desean-jackson-carson-wentz-redskins-dan-snyder-jordan-howard-trade-deadline-20191012.html

Paul Domowitch: The Redskins are a mess. Again. They’re 0-5 and Dan Snyder fired another head coach this week, while keeping the team’s incompetent president, Bruce Allen, in place. Since Snyder bought the franchise 20 years ago, Washington has been to the playoffs just four times and has won one playoff game. Will that franchise ever be successful as long as Snyder owns it?

Joe Banner: It’s very hard to picture how that happens. Though the reality of it is there are a couple of (other) owners that, if most people met and got to talk to them, would be dumbfounded that they’re successful. But they were smart enough to hire a key person here and there and let them have some space to operate.

I generally believe the best predictor of the future is the past. The most important job an owner has is deciding who to hire and setting a tone. We now have close to a 20-year history of somebody who doesn’t seem to have the insights necessary to figure out who the right people to hire are. And it remains true. If that franchise ever is going to be successful, many of the people in the building need to be different names and faces.

I’ll say this. It’s good to have them in the Eagles’ division. I don’t see any light at the end of that tunnel for Redskins fans, because I don’t see any evidence that the owner has the right knowledge and insights and approach to hire the right people.

Archived