Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I simply cannot imagine anyone ever having the audacity to tell me as a grown ass man, to call them Mr. anything.  

I’d love to know the response to that.  I would want to punch him directly in the mouth, better yet just backhand a twerp like Snyder. I wouldn’t of course but I would verbally berate him  without a shadow of a doubt.

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing is just about every beat guy who covers this team has said they got stories about Dan-Bruce that will show its worse than we even think.  Hoffman alluded to it right there on that tweet. 

6 hours ago, Llevron said:

What wild is that people capitulate just to be close to that much money. They will say privately how crazy it is but to his face say sorry and correct it. I would bet money thats the response he gets most. Otherwise he probably wouldnt do it. 

I hate people like that. I dont understand how you can have that much going for you and be that kind of a dick. 

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It seems as if he’s got two personalities.  The one that is Mr. Nice Guy that tries to be cool with those he deems worthy and a gigantic douche of epic proportions to everyone else.

I mentioned this here many years ago, but I worked with a girl who’s father used to be Dan’s CPA.  She would tell me he was an awful person and that her mom would fight with her father to quit regularly because of how poorly he treated him and others.  He eventually did.  This was at a time when I believed everyone was just out to get him and kinda shrugged it off.  But after all these years and reading accounts like that, it’s much easier to believe.

Imagine coming to work for someone like this every day. Imagine. 

Imagine just how much, as each day passes, your focus, your ambition, your motivation just wanes furthermore. 

This is why we see anyone operating at a high enough organizational level near him severely regress as time goes on, no matter what strengths they bring when they arrive. 

The only ones that leave with any semblance of progress are the ones who were shielded from him more by virtue of the (minimal) amount of organizational hierarchy that wasn’t corrupted.

So a coordinator or assistant coach or lower level scout can come away unscathed because they were within the span of control of someone infinitely better than Dan. They got to actually improve upon their craft and grow. So long, of course, that Dan or his top exec didn’t undermine the authority of whomever was directly above them and create an obstacle, which happens as well. 

It’s truly maddening to see. 

Many years ago, I worked for a large computer company and a guy told me he had gone to a party where he was there and so was his sister.

He said his sister was very normal and easy to communicate with about most issues.    He had nothing nice to say about the Danny.  He would

fire managers frequently.  

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

You have to wonder: since Bruce appears to be such a vindictive SOB, if that's the reason the Redskins have stopped wearing their yellow pants altogether since Cousins left. It would not surprise me if Bruce equates those pants with the 'Kurt Cousins' era and feels the fans do too...never mind that most fans prefer that look over the bland white pants. How petty can you get??

We will never be successful in yellow pants!!!!.  Those sorry things were all Bruce.  May he eat a wet fart.

Charles Robinson from Yahoo sports just on 106.7.  He said he poked around and this is what he discovered:

A.  Bruce is mega the stadium guy.  Dan is doing almost none of it.  It's just about all Bruce so he doesn't think he will remove Bruce in the middle of the quest.

B.  The top in demand HC's won't come here with the current FO structure.  Bruce would have to at a minimum take himself out of personnel. 

C.  The non in demand HC's would probably take a job here regardless of FO structure because ifs it their only offer, then why not?

57 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

wouldn't be surprised if he preferred the term "Master"

"Lord"

15 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

So he's essentially an old Al Davis stuck in a young Al Davis's body.

At least Al Davis got a ring

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Charles Robinson from Yahoo sports just on 106.7.  He said he poked around and this is what he discovered:

A.  Bruce is mega the stadium guy.  Dan is doing almost none of it.  It's just about all Bruce so he doesn't think he will remove Bruce in the middle of the quest.

B.  The top in demand HC's won't come here with the current FO structure.  Bruce would have to at a minimum take himself out of personnel. 

C.  The non in demand HC's would probably take a job here regardless of FO structure because ifs it their only offer, then why not?

I expect the team will be selecting a coach from C. We heard Shanny had total control but that really wasn't the case. Marty had it but only lasted a year. I don't see Dan or Bruce going that route.

Dan is insecure. He wants to believe he's the smartest guy in the room and will always take the view that will protect his ego.

There will always be someone else to blame despite the fact that he is the one common link between 20 years of failure. It's the media. Or bad luck. Bad coaches, even though some of them had won Super Bowls or had otherwise been extremely successful in the league. 

Nothing about the way this guy has run his businesses, the way he treats people he thinks are beneath him, and his general lack of class leads me to think he's going to look in the mirror/accept his failures/try to do better. 

22 minutes ago, mcgraw238 said:

I expect the team will be selecting a coach from C. We heard Shanny had total control but that really wasn't the case. Marty had it but only lasted a year. I don't see Dan or Bruce going that route.

Don't forget Spurrier who seemed convinced Snyder was going to get him a GM only to be double-crossed.

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I simply cannot imagine anyone ever having the audacity to tell me as a grown ass man, to call them Mr. anything.  

I’d love to know the response to that.  I would want to punch him directly in the mouth, better yet just backhand a twerp like Snyder. I wouldn’t of course but I would verbally berate him  without a shadow of a doubt.

This was my exact response.  lol  How has he not been cussed out to his face by now?  Especially people that dont work for him.

Galdi called it right when he reminded folks how Marty went out of his way to call him "Dan" and when he said it, I thought "oh yeah, he did do that!"  lol  Snyder probably HATED that.  Bet he took it as disrespect.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've always thought C was the case.  But I also think you can still get a good head coach from that group.  I never  bought the notion that unless half the league is after you, you cant be a good head coach.

I'm not particularly worried about whether somebody is "in demand".  

Weird is one evolution I've had relating to Dan.  I've heard-read that he was high strung and a douche.  But a lot of dots connect to the dude being pretty weird, too. 

2 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

I dont think N1904TS is Dan's plane is it? I think he took his plane off all flight trackers

I got no idea.   Seems a bit odd so maybe its not Dan's but I don't know.  It's getting out there on twitter, though. 

OK i was saying it would be wise to handcuff Bruce to prevent him from mortgaging our future via moving out draft picks - hey we are close.... little did I know it's Mister Napoleon that is looking to burn another draft pick. Rest assured, it will be our first rounder and very likely to be the #1 overall.

Archived