Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

51 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Bill Callahan is in charge of this coaching staff? Perfect scapegoat for Bruce Allen.

You know, I never thought I'd see the day that I was honestly thinking about burning my Skins stuff. My son is torn between being a Dolphins fan and a Redskin fan. I don't push him, but he wants to like who Daddy likes. I may push him to Miami.

This franchise is a joke.

*casually leaves Super Bowl VII on repeat in the background during naps*

5 minutes ago, FrFan said:

That's the problem, they should have been more agressive with him, they knew he would try to avoid any scrutinity and accountability like he always did before. Yet they let him do it again.

They really needed some coordination.  They asked the right questions, but let him off the hook....again.  I wanted combat.  He's better at dodging questions than they are at following up after a dodge.

7 minutes ago, Alexa said:

The funny part was that stupid arse had the nerve to say.. "Dan talks from time to time" or something totally false. Does he think we're stupid like he is?

I know!  I don't recall the last time Snyder spoke.  I'd assume he is a mute now.

9 minutes ago, FrFan said:

That's the problem, they should have been more agressive with him, they knew he would try to avoid any scrutinity and accountability like he always did before. Yet they let him do it again.

Then he would have ignored them or ended the press conference. They helped shed even more of a limelight on the weasel that he is

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I wish I shared the same level of optimism.

I just think it was an absolute tough spot for a guy who's notoriously put others in his tough spots in the past.  I don't think he was prepared to get skewered to the extent that he was.

I wouldn't call it optimism but Bruce can only hide for so long, he will eventually be exposed and you can see it in his face that he's feeling the pressure.

Also, that snarky smile was nowhere to be found.

I did not watch that press conference, because I knew it was a waste. I've already seen enough from the media and our fan base to know we are doomed. Jay Gruden wasn't a good coach in my opinion, but let's be clear Bruce is a huge problem. 

The fact he's allowed to go to the podium and blow smoke up everyone's butt. Just shows how in trouble we are. No one believes anything he says and everyone thinks he's a joke. Yet he still has a job. This team is garbage and won't change guys. Haskins doesn't have a chance with this organization. 

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I wouldn't call it optimism but Bruce can only hide for so long, he will eventually be exposed and you can see it in his face that he's feeling the pressure.

Also, that snarky smile was nowhere to be found.

All it takes to set back things even further is allowing him to hire another head coach, which at this point appears very likely.  Every time this type of change occurs, it buys time.  No matter how stupid he looks in the process.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'd be for people going to games with bags on their heads.  And a lot of them.  Snyder and Bruce need as much embarrassment as possible.  And apparently, they haven't suffered enough. 

Not bad. I want one Redskin fan with a bag over his head in front of the owners box in an empty stadium during a game. That's my dream 

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Because it's the fans' fault for selling their tickets on the secondary market.

Don't you pay attention?!?!

The funny thing is I believe he mentioned they are selling them for profit?  I'll bet people are selling them and taking a loss a majority of the time.

My guess, a Snyder appearance takes place after the season to take accountability and “jump down in hole with fans” to salvage some of the fan base and take franchise into another direction. 

What the media and fanatical fans want to hear isn’t appropriate at this particular time. 11 games remain and many young players need time to develop and work towards the future in the best environment possible (whether you agree with their ability to make this happen). 

2 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

We all know it folks. Brucie poo is just a puppet that has Dan’s hand shoved straight up his ass. Thank you.

Yup, and they prefer that sensation they each get from it over the thrill of winning.

Seriously Dan would rather be the owner of a complete dysfunctional losing mess than take a back seat and let football people run the show and hopefully put a winning team on the field.  He is afraid of anything good happening that he wouldn't get credit for.  

Just now, wit33 said:

My guess, a Snyder appearance takes place after the season to take accountability and “jump down in hole with fans” to salvage some of the fan base and take franchise into another direction. 

What the media and fanatical fans want to hear isn’t appropriate at this particular time. 11 games remain and many young players need time to develop and work towards the future in the best environment possible (whether you agree with their ability to make this happen). 

The problem is that 11 games remain and if and when they win some of them, it cools things off.  I actually think that's exactly why Jay got fired today vs. later.  Bruce wants this team to get a win vs. a tanking team to fan the flames for a while.

19 minutes ago, justice98 said:

They really needed some coordination.  They asked the right questions, but let him off the hook....again.  I wanted combat.  He's better at dodging questions than they are at following up after a dodge.

Yeah, but we have to remember, they are not necessarily fans like we are. They're not driven by the same anger/hatred we are when it comes to Bruce Allen. They asked the right questions in a professional environment. Getting combative would've been interesting, but it wouldn't have led to any better or different answers. I give them a solid B. Some of the questions led to another group of idiotic comments from Bruce that the national media will mock him for, namely, "The culture is damn good", lol. 

The question I would've asked, which probably would've gotten me booted, would've been, "How do you think your Dad would feel about what has happened to this franchise under your watch? Do you think he'd be proud?" 

By the way, Callahan just now: 

"This is uncharted territory for me. I've never been in this situation before as a coach or a head coach." 

Welcome to just another day in Redskin-land, Bill. 

I traveled half way across the globe to watch the Redskins in DC a couple of years back. At the moment I am not sure I'll ever come back. This makes me sad but it is what it is. There are better ways to spend my hard earned money and vacation.

Callahan's press conference is a real stinking rebuke of the Gruden Era.  Callahan is too much of a gentlemen to explicitly throw Gruden under the bus, but make no mistake, he's doing it implicitly.  He's suggesting there will be "tweaks" to the level of focus, preparation, and practice and what is expected of players.  That's really something when you think about it.

Archived