Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Why is he so red?

EFMT5RKXoAArEil.jpg:large

Theres no doubt in my mind that is from alcohol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't think it's that at all for those of us that don't think Jay is the worst head coach ever.  We'd sacrifice Jay in heartbeat in order to get rid of Bruce Allen.  However, on the contrary, I see a lot of just straight up 'coaches gotta go' posts as if that will fix anything.

My point is they both have to go. Jay has had a half-dozen years to accumulate a grocery list of things proving he's far from HC material. His playcalling isn't even OC material in 2019. He and Bruce both need to go. I don't trust Bruce to pick a competent replacement, but it doesn't excuse Jay showing his ass as a HC over the last half-dozen years. Team is never prepared, he showed lousy clock management even last night, sticks with his pet projects for years when no other team would likely have them, has a highly-penalized team, can't coach off-script and likely a dozen other things I'm forgetting.

Not accounting for Khalil Mack in his game plan was absolutely unforgivable. No excuse for that at all. Consecutive plans literally no one touched the guy and he wasn't even doubled until the second half. No excuse. Bruce has to go yesterday, but it Jay just has to go. The real thing that won't change is sadly the ownership.

I’d actually respect Snyder a little tiny bit if he actually just came out and said “I know that I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing, but I’m a billionaire, so suck it!”

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is the easy-out for those that dislike Grant.  That all his anger is driven by his love for Kirk Cousins.  As if it's not clear as day that there is a lot more wrong with this organization than the handling of Kirk Cousins.

It's clear the organization sucks and its clear Grant loves Kirk.

He set up a town hall for christ sakes, who does that for a QB who is leaving town to play for another organization.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, KDawg said:

Let me run the show and I'll tell him whatever he needs to hear while I sprinkle truth bombs in between...

"Dan, you are so villified, man. It's not cool. You're a good dude. You just want to win and you have a way of doing things. Didn't you tell me the other day that the most important part of building a team is having a solid base?"

Dan nods

"Right! So a focus on the lines is a great plan. You're a god damn genius. Weren't you also explaining how a coach has to be able to manage his roster? I think that's great. The coach knows what he needs and needs to work closely with a GM who understands the dynamics and can work with the coach and not force guys on him, but at the same time help him see different perspectives so they can work together and find the best players. You're a lot smarter than anyone says you are. You're coming up with all of this stuff, straight from your mind. The media has no idea how smart you are."

Dan nods and takes a sip of his ****tail.

"And, correct me if I'm wrong here, but you believe that the best ability of a player is availability, right? You were saying how guys who aren't here don't help us? I think that's a great thought. You have such a great mind. If the team isn't going to re-sign people, we need to try to get assets for them. And injury prone players can't be relied upon, but rather be supplements. This is good stuff. You should write a book, man. I can see if I can find a publisher to help you!"

We need someone to be our Tyrion Lannister

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's it matter, fire Jay whomever... if Bruce isn't gone we'll just get some other Tampa connected meat popsicle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Allen is not going away.  :(

No and he never will. Snyder is a good mark for ass clowns like him and even if Bruce was gone, there will be a 3rd. Vinny, Bruce, .......Vince McMahon!?!?

Point is, Snyder is weak mentally and siloed. He will find another strong, likable personality in another 5-10 years when we get ride of Bruce and latch on to him. And the cycle will repeat and we all will still be here, hoping for deaths sweet release. 

19 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I’d actually respect Snyder a little tiny bit if he actually just came out and said “I know that I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing, but I’m a billionaire, so suck it!”

I have heard this before and it didnt lead to good results lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

It's clear the organization sucks and its clear Grant loves Kirk.

He set up a town hall for christ sakes, who does that for a QB who is leaving town to play for another organization.

Sure, Grant loves Kirk and has a nasally nerd voice to boot.  But I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.  His hatred for Bruce existed before Bruce pooped on Kirk.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, Grant loves Kirk and has a nasally nerd voice to boot.  But I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.  His hatred for Bruce existed before Bruce pooped on Kirk.

He has a face made for radio and a voice made for newspaper. That's why I can't stand Grant... even before his love of Cousin Kirk... 😂

• Thanks 1

I will not spend another penny on this franchise until this bafoon is fired. A decade of patheticness. Not a penny. Period.

56 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Theres no doubt in my mind that is from alcohol

I’d drink too if I was associated with this team.

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I caught a chunk of Grant's rap.  I know from other segments he likes but doesn't love Jay.   But he thinks our coaches have been the easy sacrificial lambs for the dysfunction from the owner and the FO.  Then its rinse and repeat with the next coaching hire.  Said Kyle, McVay, etc were slammed plenty when they were here by fans.  Now they are respected.  In another segment on a different day he talked about how Shanny was respected coming in and left as the scapegoat.    Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Csup said:

I’d drink too if I was associated with this team.

Is it time to ask if the drinking is affecting his job performance?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bruce is more this guy, an inept version though aside from working Dan

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I caught a chunk of Grant's rap.  I know from other segments he likes but doesn't love Jay.   But he thinks our coaches have been the easy sacrificial lambs for the dysfunction from the owner and the FO.  Then its rinse and repeat with the next coaching hire.  Said Kyle, McVay, etc were slammed plenty when they were here by fans.  Now they are respected.  In another segment on a different day he talked about how Shanny was respected coming in and left as the scapegoat.    Rinse and repeat. 

Grant makes a good point. The fans eventually turn on the coaches. It seems that there is a vacuum sucking the life out of everyone in the building.

The constant in all these situations is Bruce and Dan, and clearly they have to have SOME hand in all this. There’s always rumors/reports of Bruce/Dan meddling in some way. That Dan wanted RG3, the coddling, the special treatment, or Bruce’s beef with Scott, or them having final say in this draft and wanting Haskins.

No coach can succeed here. And anyone with an iota of intelligence knows why. They’ve known for quite some time at this point.

Edited by Rogue Jedi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Allen is not going away.  :(

While sources have said Snyder was “livid” after his Redskins got blasted by the Cowboys in Week 2 and that Snyder and Allen stayed at FedEx Field until well past 2 a.m. Tuesday morning after the embarrassing 31-15 loss to the Bears, it seems the staff will remain intact for Week 4. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/history-suggests-jay-gruden-greg-manuskys-jobs-are-safe-history-isnt-always-right

I know some want Jay's head on a platter.  When I go to some of them and say Bruce is the big issue here -- Jay along with any coach has always been disposable and the challenge is changing the FO -- they will respond with "duh".  That's cool, yeah its obvious.  But it doesn't change the concept that the odds are stacked much higher to get a change in the FO than any coaching change.  Thereby, to me a FO move is everything.  Even if I despised Jay like some do -- I'd feel exactly the same way.  In that context, to me it would feel like changing the drapes in a house that is falling apart. 

The article about Jay's job in danger includes Bruce being part of brainstorming with Dan.  To me that's nauseating.  Replace Bruce and then have that new person hire a coach.  Is Dan really that dense that he doesn't get that fans would be way more revitalized from a FO change than a coaching change or both?. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I personally don't want someone to be smart while he's constrained to extremely limited powers, then inexplicably turn into a total inept fool the moment he's given real influence.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The article about Jay's job in danger includes Bruce being part of finding the new answer.  To me that's nauseating.  Replace Bruce and then have that new person hire a coach.  Is Dan really that dense that he doesn't get that fans would be way more revitalized from a FO change than a coaching change. 

That's what I took from the article as well.  Which is why I said he is never going away.  With the current FO in place, who cares who the poor coach is?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1