Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

19 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Maybe Dan is planning on moving the team? All that slimy midget cares about right now is a tax payer funded stadium. I know the NFL wants a team in London. 

With declining attendance and a rapidly eroding fanbase we are entering into those waters

Moving to London? They would probably re-name the team the London Western Redmen.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've not heard anyone who covers the team contradict that Shanny didn't want McNabb and that Dan-Bruce pushed it.

Further proof of this was the extension he was given just a few days after being benched for Grossman.  But some people continue to see smoke and insist there isn't any fires.

I feel like its therapeutic that we all hate the same people on days like this. The entire country is looking for unity and here we are, Redskins fans, with a embarrassment of riches and knowledge on the subject. The pain we have been through could be a lesson to the world. 

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel like its therapeutic that we all hate the same people on days like this. The entire country is looking for unity and here we are, Redskins fans, with a embarrassment of riches and knowledge on the subject. The pain we have been through could be a lesson to the world. 

I agree, but unfortunately the hate that unifies us doesn't last.  Fandom is a crazy thing where folks set their sights on the low hanging fruit as a means to get by.  

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree, but unfortunately the hate that unifies us doesn't last.  Fandom is a crazy thing where folks set their sights on the low hanging fruit as a means to get by.  

Well yea im for sure that guy so I cant argue lol

My current targets are Daniel Jones and everything he stands for.  

Grant on the radio is livid about Bruce being so inept. 59-90 is his record for the 10 years he has been here. He said Gruden is not really a bad coach and neither was Shanahan but under Bruce... 

He also said he doesn't call people's head on the radio but...

Safe to say he is mad. Just like all of us. 

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Grant on the radio is livid about Bruce being so inept. 59-90 is his record for the 10 years he has been here. He said Gruden is not really a bad coach and neither was Shanahan but under Bruce...

Bruce has to go, but this fanbase seems to have weird issues with mutual-exclusivity. Bruce and Gruden both need to go. How that toolbag can defend Gruden is bizarre. This is the same Gruden who had a week to prepare for the game, but took an entire half to account for Khalil Mack. It was like he said "Oh, ****... I forgot about him."

Gruden has been given more than long enough to show what he can do and it's not working. He's had far too long to show it, even with the disaster this FO can be and is. Bruce has to go. Gruden has to go. Dan Snyder has to go, but he never will.

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

Not listening but that doesn’t sound like new territory for him.  It’s what he’s been saying for years, echoing the thoughts of folks like me.  Ashburn is murderers row for a head coach, no matter who you are.  You come with good intentions and strengths and leave with a bad taste in your mouth, overlooked strengths and glaring weaknesses you didn’t even know you had.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

You get my vote for post of the day! POTD

Skins this year have become irrelevant with only playing just 3 games.  I think Gruden wants to be fired at this point and collect his money.  Snyder will punish

him by having to do press conferences after losing more games.  Snyder is so cheap that he will not pay for a new head coach plus pay Gruden.  So if he does fire

Gruden and Manusky he will ask one of the remaining coaches to run the team until the end of the year.  Gruden's comment about AP not being able to get the one

yard tells me that he has been frustrated with the front office for a long time.  Doug Williams is a caretaker with no authority.  The Prince of Darkness is kept on to try to seal getting the new stadium deal.  DC, Maryland and Virginia should get together and not let him buy any property in any of their jurisdictions for building a new stadium.  Then the owner would be forced to sell the team.

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not listening but that doesn’t sound like new territory for him.  It’s what he’s been saying for years, echoing the thoughts of folks like me.  Ashburn is murderers row for a head coach, no matter who you are.  You come with good intentions and strengths and leave with a bad taste in your mouth, overlooked strengths and glaring weaknesses you didn’t even know you had.

Except his tone and how mad he is today. It is a lot more than other days. 

But the point is Bruce needs to go now! A real GM needs to be hired to get his own coach. 

11 minutes ago, zskins said:

I think Grant is more upset that Bruce did not work harder to resign Kirk Cousins

2 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I think Grant is more upset that Bruce did not work harder to resign Kirk Cousins

He did his rants of all the big failures from Mike, McNabb, RG3... 

And said why the hell Trent Williams is still here when he could have gotten picks because you are not going to better than 4-12 this year anyways. 

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

Except his tone and how mad he is today. It is a lot more than other days. 

But the point is Bruce needs to go now! A real GM needs to be hired to get his own coach. 

Sign me up for all that.  But I'm afraid Dan has no exit plan at all for Bruce.  They are friends and drinking buddies first and foremost.  Secondly, Dan is too stupid to realize that this is bigger than the coach.  I'm certain that Jay will be fired at some point before next season.  I'm also certain that Bruce will be selecting his replacement.

7 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

This is the easy-out for those that dislike Grant.  That all his anger is driven by his love for Kirk Cousins.  As if it's not clear as day that there is a lot more wrong with this organization than the handling of Kirk Cousins.

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is the easy-out for those that dislike Grant.  That all his anger is driven by his love for Kirk Cousins.  As if it's not clear as day that there is a lot more wrong with this organization than the handling of Kirk Cousins.

I agree. I just like to bust his chops. 

But yeah this is the worst run org in all of pro sports

22 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Maybe Dan is planning on moving the team? All that slimy midget cares about right now is a tax payer funded stadium. I know the NFL wants a team in London. 

With declining attendance and a rapidly eroding fanbase we are entering into those waters

I think that it's inevitable that there will eventually be some non-America based teams, but they will almost certainly need to be new franchises to succeed. The UK fanbase is divided into all 32 NFL teams, so moving an existing team here just wouldn't work IMO.

If a new franchise was to start here (hopefully in London), it would always be considered by most existing fans as their 'second' team, and it would take a few years for them to become fully established and attract new fans who supported that team exclusively.

I would love to see an NFL team start here and would obviously support them, except when they played the Redskins.

52 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Bruce has to go, but this fanbase seems to have weird issues with mutual-exclusivity.

I don't think it's that at all for those of us that don't think Jay is the worst head coach ever.  We'd sacrifice Jay in heartbeat in order to get rid of Bruce Allen.  However, on the contrary, I see a lot of just straight up 'coaches gotta go' posts as if that will fix anything.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/history-suggests-jay-gruden-greg-manuskys-jobs-are-safe-history-isnt-always-right

Team sources in Ashburn have described an incredibly explosive situation where Gruden and Manusky‘s jobs are on the line next week in New York.

While sources have said Snyder was “livid” after his Redskins got blasted by the Cowboys in Week 2 and that Snyder and Allen stayed at FedEx Field until well past 2 a.m.

Tuesday morning after the embarrassing 31-15 loss to the Bears, it seems the staff will remain intact for Week 4. 

Archived