Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

32 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

After the Tampa game I thought they might be close. The team played with an impressive confidence that day.

Obviously they seemed very far away after the second Giants game. 

They won games early in the season, but we’re hardly dominant. How close are they (assuming they get a winning QB ... huge assumption)?  It’s certainly up for debate. 

If they think they’re that close they’ll probably go after a proven vet like Dalton. 

For me it was the Atlanta-Tampa games back to back that made me question the team.  I actually got into the team before those 2 games.  The Tampa game had a lot of luck.  Tampa missed 2 field goals.   We kept getting turnovers in the red zone.   If I recall Tampa set a record for most yards discrepancy in a loss with them gaining 500 plus yards.  Tampa's defense was atrocious but we could barely move the ball against them.

In retrospect, I think we only beat one playoff team and that was Dallas and that one was super close and we lost to them the next time. The one really good team we played destroyed us.   The schedule ended up soft. 

If Alex stayed healthy do I think they would have ended up 9-7?  Probably.  And then we likely would have gotten smoked in round 1.    Years ago, I'd take that.  Now, not really. 

I am tired of the once every 4 years sneak in the playoffs with a 9-7 or something like that drill.  IMO we need to shoot higher.  And to do that sometimes you need to take a step back in order to take two steps forward.  I was at the Cowboys game in Dallas at the end of the 2015 season, we crushed them, and made the playoffs.  I talked to a Cowboy friend of mine after that and he goes he was worried that the Cowboys were going to win and squander their draft position.  The Redskins got the last laugh that day.   But the Cowboys lost the battle but won the war by landing Elliot in that draft and more or less owned us after that in head to heads. 

It's not that I advocate that they lose on purpose.  But I don't think its crazy to reboot -- build cap space for the future, add picks, etc. 

I agree with you Dalton would be the type of guy you'd pursue if 9-7 is the goal and the definition of "close".   I don't think though they can chase Dalton because of the cap -- too much tied already at QB to push it that much further

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

After the Tampa game I thought they might be close. The team played with an impressive confidence that day.

Its interesting how folks see games differently. I saw a TB D that gave out ~400+ yard passing games to opposition QBs all year, and the fact that Alex could only post 150 was a sign of our offense about to break down for good.   No more DFS skins stacks!  It became clear to me that the Alex Smith from 2017 was not to be.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Yeah... that’s the thing. What he’s heard is certifiably not accurate. Pay attention. 

Unless you think Tomsula wanted out cause the 3 ring circus? Oh wait.... he’s back for another year. Oh wait a second! It must be because no one wants to coach here... oh wait, a young up and coming OC who was inquired about around the league for an OC position decided to stay here instead.

See here’s the thing. No one, and I literally mean no one knows what’s going on in Ashburn right now. And while you instantly and predictably think that’s me being a blind supporter, it’s not. If you read the reports or gossip (most if not all SIP references) you’ll find that nearly none of it has come true. Tomsula and Callahan want out? Still here, no? Who called O’Connell getting promoted? Which beat guy? Who knew of Horton, or Rob Ryan? Nobody is the only correct answer. 

Is that a good thing? Idk. It doesn’t mean it’s good or bad really. But what we can safely say is, no one knows. I scan this board every single day, stopped posting for the most part for a variety of reasons. But I’ve read every single media report that’s come out and can 100% say that it’s not gospel. It’s just not. 

unfortunately your pal SIP takes it as gospel. And so do you since you rush to his defense. Why is that? I reckon it’s because your mind is already made up in the negative (like 95% of the fanbase currently)  and you use media as a way to substantiate or corroborate your beliefs. That’s common, so no harm no foul. But I’m surprised you don’t know this, don’t believe everything you hear. 

Also, what’s rich is my opinion is actually that, an opinion. Listening to a bunch of hoopla and saying “I’d gather” is by definition not an opinion. Again, cool, you agree. But suggesting things based off current media’s access to the club seems lazy at best and downright wrong at worst. 

If 95% of us are in the "negative" just leave us alone to dwell in it how we see fit. No one gives @bakedtater1 grief because he is always positive. It's the way you come off that doesnt sit well with most of us. If SIP bothered you that much why haven't you blocked him? @Skinsinparadise is a monster poster, do I always agree with his thoughts, no, but he contributes in damn near ever thread and has for a long time with a ton of good info. So how about you just move along and stop being so sensitive.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Yeah... that’s the thing. What he’s heard is certifiably not accurate. Pay attention. 

Unless you think Tomsula wanted out cause the 3 ring circus? Oh wait.... he’s back for another year. Oh wait a second! It must be because no one wants to coach here... oh wait, a young up and coming OC who was inquired about around the league for an OC position decided to stay here instead.

See here’s the thing. No one, and I literally mean no one knows what’s going on in Ashburn right now. And while you instantly and predictably think that’s me being a blind supporter, it’s not. If you read the reports or gossip (most if not all SIP references) you’ll find that nearly none of it has come true. Tomsula and Callahan want out? Still here, no? Who called O’Connell getting promoted? Which beat guy? Who knew of Horton, or Rob Ryan? Nobody is the only correct answer. 

First off most of what SIP is referring to is from Sheehan and Sheehan has had almost everything right before it’s happened. It doesn’t get as much play because it’s from his podcast but he’s hit on almost everything. Secondly O’Connell has no choice but to stay here unless he’s fired or being offered a chance at a HC job. Teams can inquire all they like but unless it’s for a HC position then all the team has to do is say no. And multiple people have said throughout the offseason that O’Connell was a definite possibility for OC. As far as Callahan goes same thing as O’Connell he might very well want out but he has no choice in the matter unless he quits and even then the Skins would still retain rights because of the contract. And it’s also very possible Tomsula didn’t want to re-sign when he thought Manusky was getting fired considering they are good friends. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

You literally don’t know anything that’s going on behind the scenes. Nada. Neither does the media. So your “I gather” Schtick is getting old. You don’t know ****, stop pretending you do.

^someone needs to say this to you. We all get it, you soak up Redskins information all day. The problem is you soak up redskins information from sources that don’t have a clue on the inner happenings of the team at the moment. For better or worse that’s, how they operate. 

Now, to dive in a little deeper, to sneak into the playoffs IS close in today’s NFL. The giants won their two superbowls with 9-7 records. Many teams get hot at the right time and make noise in the post season, hell, the Eagles went from getting the doors blown off them against the Saints in the regular season to nearly advancing to the NFC championship game against them in THEIR home. Even the patriots were thought to be a shell of their former selves this season until now, when it matters most. We were 6-3. Did we have flaws? Most certainly. Is it outside the realm of possibility Alex starts to hit his stride and we go 10-6 and are a threat? With our pass rush and running game, even this season? Most certainly not. 

Is that a definite if Alex stays healthy? Hell no. But to act like it’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever heard? Personal agenda shining through exhibit A.

Really REALLY hope we go crazy in FA this year and you have to writhe in pain as you lose your hope and dreams of going 2-14 this season. What a loser’s mentality. And while I’m not content with the current direction of the franchise, I can firmly say I’m thankful it’s not lead by you. 

End rant.

My thoughts: 

The team is strapped with Smith’s contract. Can’t go FA QB route. If Gruden and O’Connell like a QB, lets go get them. It’s a unique draft in the fact that there are some blue chippers at other positions and some serious questions with the QB prospects. That will push those guys down. IF, and big IF, Gruden and O’Connell like one of Murray/Lock/Haskins and think he’s THE guy with some development, trade up if you have to and go get him. Nothing crazy, but similar to what KC and Houston did to get Mahomes and Watson. If none of those guys are thought to be THE guy, don’t force it. Add a blue chip edge, WR, CB, or even LB. Take a flier on a guy like Grier/Jones in R2 or Finley/Rypien in R3, with the full expectation the franchise QB still isn’t on the roster. If they develop into top 10-15 guy or better, great, you struck gold. Not likely, but even so, having a young and capable spot starter or backup is more than worth that selection. Could be a trade chip down the line as well. Bottom line is please don’t force the issue. Would WAY rather go 6-10 with colt/josh with a stud at another position already on the roster than to go 6-10 with a rookie QB who looks lost and out of place and was not worthy of what we gave up for him. Play the long game here, keep drafting good football players like we have been and go find your QB when it makes the most sense. 

Side note, I’d heavily consider paying a Demarcus Lawrence or Frank Clark a BIG FA deal. Those guys are feared edge rushers and game changers. You add one of them to Allen and Payne and Foster and Kerrigan up front and wow. QB/WR/LG/ILB/CB/S are positions focused on throughout draft with full realization you can’t do it all. Another RB with talent can never hurt either, but with 9 picks again and a deep draft I think you have a chance to find quite a few really good players.

My hope is that Kyle Smith has another really successful draft and is given the title of GM. Let’s not lose any more up and comers. Looking at you O’Connell and Smith. 

I believe that SIP does his best to help bring what he hears and sees from the beat reporters to the ES forum.  He's not employed by a newspaper or sports company to provide that info but he does his best at keeping everyone informed on what they (media etc.) have stated.  Nothing more; nothing less.  I personally appreciate the posts that he provides to this forum and look forward to them daily.  Let's all take a step back and appreciate and respect each other as people and Redskin fans. :)  God's Blessings to all.

• Like 4

This is my last post to you on this because clearly you are not interested in discussion, only arguing with some kind of misplaced blind rage. 

5 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Not a single one of those things were predictions by SIP. He was repeating things and saying it's being reported and then making his own opinions known. For every one that is wrong, there many others that are right. I do not have the patience nor the time to show them. But just to quickly respond to your diatribe: Tomsula? Oh my, someone made an actual mistake!! What I will say is that Horton and Ryan are horrible hires in my opinion - both out of work for not just one season which happens but 2. And Ryan's last 3 yrs as DC were some of the worst in the NFL, literally. Easy to lure someone here that nobody else wants - same with Horton. So yea for me they ere scraping the bottom of the barrel. Not ot mention all the really qualified people that came through and passed. Were you in the room when all these other teams were coming after O'Connell? Or are you relying on media reports - easy now, answer honestly. And if he is such a star why is he not calling plays? I am not saying he is not a rising star. But it's a fair question. So you like the hires - fair enough. I guess we will when the season comes. 

One thing you are very predictable is projecting your bull**** on others. Exactly where did I even imply you were a "blind supporter". Let me help you. No where. Not a single place - not ever even. Not a single time. Yet you accuse me and others of saying that as your go to, regardless of if it happened or not. It's where you go when you really don't have anything of substance. It's the poor pitiful me defense. 

Is that a good thing? Idk. It doesn’t mean it’s good or bad really. But what we can safely say is, no one knows. I scan this board every single day, stopped posting for the most part for a variety of reasons. But I’ve read every single media report that’s come out and can 100% say that it’s not gospel. It’s just not. 

unfortunately your pal SIP takes it as gospel. And so do you since you rush to his defense. Why is that? I reckon it’s because your mind is already made up in the negative (like 95% of the fanbase currently)  and you use media as a way to substantiate or corroborate your beliefs. That’s common, so no harm no foul. But I’m surprised you don’t know this, don’t believe everything you hear. 

This is 100% complete bull****. Again, you are reading what you want to read. Very few people in here believe much of anything without independent confirmation - I know I do not. Saying I tend to agree with something or drawing your own conclusion but calling it that, is not taking it as "gospel". 

The stuff about me - you again only read what you want to read. But do tell, where I have I quoted any media outside statistic sources as a defense of my opinion? Rarely. And when I do it's typically supported in some other way. 

So project all that bull**** and rage on me that I am just a totally negative person if you want. But that is your problem, not mine. Maybe you should go back to when you could hold an actual conversation and you and i actually had a reasonable exchange. My positions have not changed, nor how I present them. My thoughts on this team are grounded in results and things I observe. Sorry it does not align with your thoughts, but oddly enough we both have a right to our opinions, something you tried to tell SIP they did not have a right to.

Also, what’s rich is my opinion is actually that, an opinion. Listening to a bunch of hoopla and saying “I’d gather” is by definition not an opinion. Again, cool, you agree. But suggesting things based off current media’s access to the club seems lazy at best and downright wrong at worst. 

So you are playing semantics? Let's break this down: 

"I" - the person who is speaking or writing.

"Gather"  come together; assemble or accumulate.

1.   congregate, convene, assemble, meet, collect, come/get together, muster, rally, converge; More
  2. 2.  bring together and take in from scattered places or sources.

Let's put them together - I (the person writing) Gather (have assembled or accumulated something)  So exactly how does "I Gather" turn into "these are facts"?   

As you said above: pay attention - The answer is it does not. It simply means he has assembled some thoughts and ideas from several sources and come to a conclusion that is - wait for it - their opinion. 

As I said, I am done with this as it's none value added but i could not let the rant go - especially against one of the best and, despite your rhetoric, most informative and knowledgeable posters on the board. I may not always agree, but I respect the hell out of how they carry and present themselves. I wish we had 1000 more like him. I stick to my original comment that your rant on them was way out of bounds. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

He has never claimed anything else unless he has rock solid proof. 

🤣 I hardly post on here and I KNOW this isn’t true. He constantly posts about having some sort of insider information or being a psuedopsychologist or knowing how billionaires function or whatever. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if you have a problem with my position, then stop responding to me.  But you kept at it.   And here you are again.  I am not interested in your opinion, I got it already, its a variation of the same thing almost every time.    I am interested in talking football -- not having edgy conversations almost all the time with the same poster like what happens with you.  Once in awhile, that's fine.   But with you it feels like 90% of the time.  So what's the point.  

Hahahahaha this is hilarious. Isn’t the entire point of a forum to have these discussions? “Don’t respond to me, I don’t like you, here’s a long response to you telling you why”. 

Again, I hardly post here but it doesn’t take a PHD to see why someone would find you hypocritical. 

This message board should be allowed a little derailment until things start happening again football wise. You guys need to relax—this debating amongst each other is just filling the time until we actually see what the Redskins decide to do. You can run and ban me for getting off topic or whatever, but if you really want open discussion amongst the board, allow it to be actually OPEN discussion. If posters don’t like each other then let them duke it out. If you really don’t want to debate with someone i’m sure there’s a way to just mute them and move on. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

unfortunately your pal SIP takes it as gospel.

I'd have left that post alone but since you refer to me in it and slam me, I'll engage.  Who do you think is the dummy on this thread who needs an explanation from you about how reporters pulling gossip can be right or wrong?  And you know I don't think its gospel so that's just your desire to take a gratuitous shot at me -- alas that seems to be how you often roll.   It's not the first dance we've talked about as to gossip reports.  It's a rerun.  So you already know what I think. We've done this before.     

You know that no one here needs a lecture from you about whether its a gossip report whether its from Breer nationally or Finlay locally it isn't gospel.  And your examples about how things can happen without anyone finding out first -- as if that's a big revelation from you is ridiculous.  Hey Adam Schefter is known to be the best most connected gossip-insider in the business.  Still he's still not breaking every story or is aware of everything that's going on.   I can't believe I even have to write out this point -- but yep dude we all get it thanks for the education.  And you know when I said Sheehan said this or that -- am not saying Sheehan knows EVERYTHING that's going on with the team.  Not sure why you feel compelled to set up strawman after strawman on the topic. 

Almost every debate we have is the same stuff redone-repackaged with almost zero interesting football talk in the mix.  Aren't you bored by it by now?  I am.   And don't twist it like you did months ago by saying I am suggested you are boring.  I am not calling you boring.  I am calling our debates boring.  I've had some good debates with people who disagree with me.  And I've had some good ones with you too initially but it doesn't happen that often anymore because its the same stuff rerun and redone.

And if you want to engage, fine, but you are just walking into an edgy-spit fest that YOU apparently want for whatever odd reason.  You aren't going to bully me off of my position on Bruce.  And I am not going to bully you off of yours.  So its a waste of time.  And if the purpose of your post is to scare me off to post the next thing I hear from whomever if its not flattering to Bruce.  Sorry that's not happening.  And I know your drill when you are cornered on the topic:  it's you aren't sensitive about Bruce, you just don't hate him, everyone else is over the top but not you, it's about your objectivity, keeping it real, on and on and on.   But sorry, I don't believe it based on your actions.   

I am not buying this isn't about Bruce because you just about always fly off the handle when its about him (not other subjects) or Kirk which you've admitted he is by extension a referendum on Bruce.   It's Bruce, Bruce, Bruce.  I know you bury it with disclaimers and with some selective posts.  But again I've read just about every post you've made on the subject because a lot of it was directed at me.  I've never seen you call me out for the same type of stuff I've posted on plenty of other subjects.  I posted on the draft thread a gossip report that Denver likes Drew Lock.  Redskins might like Daniel Jones.  Why not take a shot at me about that?   Lol, now you probably will do so to prove a point but please don't -- I get better things to do than deal with this on those threads.  

I always post what I find interesting and entertaining and many have thanked me for posting columns and podcasts I stumble on.  Some I am sure don't care one way or another.  Maybe some don't like it.  But its there for people to embrace, ignore or whatever.  Likewise I love it when other people do it themselves on threads and I stumble on things I didn't otherwise know.  I used to love the news-tweet thread we had here.  It's a long off season, love reports, gossip, any football news I can get my hands on.  If it bothers you that a small portion of that includes information that isn't flattering to Bruce.  I don't care.  And if it bothers you, ignore it. 

This is a side point but you are well aware that I've posted many times what beat guys have gotten right and wrong.   You've read that stuff.  You know it.   Heck even in your post to Goskins, one of your examples is flat out wrong, a beat guy was indeed ahead of that story and was actually even debated on the radio for days before it went down -- shows how much you pay attention -- let alone lecture others about it.    The other items you brought up includes two items that you mischaracterize, and the other items you cherry picked the ones they didn't know and avoid the ones they did.   But regardless even if all your examples were on point, its a mega straw man debate because no one claims that any reporter is aware of everything that goes on or never get anything wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Yes, of course. However, not all but a good portion of their "bad luck" was due to poor decisions. When you keep guys with injury problems and sign FAs with injury problems, then it's not a huge leap to expect them to have an inordinate amount of injuries. 

The Alex injury - Total bad luck. Guy had not had any real injury issues and the injury itself was a freak accident. 

Colt McCoy - has not been able to stay healthy when he plays. 

Brandon Scherff - Total bad luck. 

Sean Lauvou, Trent Williams and Morgan Moses - all have injury issues. I could see you going with Williams and maybe even Moses - but Lauvou? WTF was he still doing here? 

Reed - Great when in but injured every year. 

Chris Thompson - same. 

Paul Richardson - Injury prone before he got here. 

I could go on. But that is enough to make the point. You keep an injured roster you get injuries. That excuse may have worked last year (2017) and in fairness it was probably legitimate to a certain extent. But 3 of 4 seasons being one of the most injured teams in the NFL is not all just bad luck. 

Don’t totally disagree, but... 

-Moses doesn’t miss time

-What would you like them to do about Williams? I mean, them signing him to an extension after rookie deal was the right move. When playing he’s the best at his position. He would’ve played more if season wasn’t done. 

Colt Mccoy is a backup and was widely considered to be one of the best in the NFL. I get the argument now after him getting injured again though. 

Luvauo was a domino effect from Ari K going down (often forgotten). But I’m no argument from me on him.

T

The skill positions need to be revamped. I’m with you. I think will begin to see some attention given to adding talent this off-season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It'sCampbellJasonCampbell said:

🤣 I hardly post on here and I KNOW this isn’t true. He constantly posts about having some sort of insider information or being a psuedopsychologist or knowing how billionaires function or whatever. 

Hahahahaha this is hilarious. Isn’t the entire point of a forum to have these discussions? “Don’t respond to me, I don’t like you, here’s a long response to you telling you why”. 

Again, I hardly post here but it doesn’t take a PHD to see why someone would find you hypocritical. 

This message board should be allowed a little derailment until things start happening again football wise. You guys need to relax—this debating amongst each other is just filling the time until we actually see what the Redskins decide to do. You can run and ban me for getting off topic or whatever, but if you really want open discussion amongst the board, allow it to be actually OPEN discussion. If posters don’t like each other then let them duke it out. If you really don’t want to debate with someone i’m sure there’s a way to just mute them and move on. 

Last time I had a strong discussion with Hardcore Zorn almost apples to apples to this one.  I recall it was a Bruce versus Vinny debate.   You came in with the same stuff, just like now.  Ok, you don't like me.  I don't like you.   

I never said i have insider information about squat.  I just repeat the stuff from guys who say they do.  I am not the only guy here who does so.   My point to Hardcore Zorn is if he doesn't want to hear it or believe it, then ignore.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I don't get it...but I appreciate skinsinparadise...he responds to me and chats with me and he's very informational...I love to stay positive.. Redskins football season brings family together and till I no longer have my folks I'll always be front n center for the Redskins...when they're doing ****ty and not looking good we **** and moan about it too but we're still together as a family.

• Like 5

Lol it's like Cooleyfan and I..I say stuff that throws him for a loop and he lets me hear it ..and this happens year in year out..but I feel he's respectful about everything and I appreciate him too. ..I just love this place period haha

38 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The skill positions need to be revamped. I’m with you. I think will begin to see some attention given to adding talent this off-season. 

I'd guess WR, LG is a given as for upgrades this off season.  And like you, I'd like a running QB everything equal with this specific team.   The problem might be though the FA crop at the moment looks weak at WR.  Might have to be the draft. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Don’t totally disagree, but... 

-Moses doesn’t miss time

-What would you like them to do about Williams? I mean, them signing him to an extension after rookie deal was the right move. When playing he’s the best at his position. He would’ve played more if season wasn’t done. 

Colt Mccoy is a backup and was widely considered to be one of the best in the NFL. I get the argument now after him getting injured again though. 

Luvauo was a domino effect from Ari K going down (often forgotten). But I’m no argument from me on him.

T

Moses and TW - I said I could see why they went with them - Moses does not miss much time but honestly he probably should He is nicked up most of the time pretty bad - and while he doesn't miss games he misses a fair amount of plays. But again, I totally get it. It's not a knock on him. Just the opposite. I am impressed with how he gets back out there as soon as he can - even though you know he has to be in a ton of pain. 

Williams - that's a real quandary - not being sarcastic. Man you just have to love his game when he is in. But that's getting less and less. They would do well to trade him right now. But again, I totally see the argument not to. My beef with the Oline is 90% around Lauvao. They needed to have a better plan than to back up someone unproven with a guy who is not really that good and also can;t stay on the field. Arie going down was unfortunate. But man, SL as plan b? 

I get what you are saying about Colt. My issue there is not so much having Colt - but only going with 2 QBS when your back-up is injury prone. Not even a developmental QB on the PS. 

I have mixed feelings about them adding talent during the off-season. I would actually prefer they take the Alex cap hit, fortify the lines and work towards 2020. But that's unlikely. So let's see what they do. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Lol it's like Cooleyfan and I..I say stuff that throws him for a loop and he lets me hear it ..and this happens year in year out..but I feel he's respectful about everything and I appreciate him too. ..I just love this place period haha

image.png.2797ef28273bd467d4976f265f7ccceb.png

Just kidding....  🙂  Well sort of....  :cheers:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, wit33 said:

Arie was never a good starting LG option. Even if he was not injured there's no chance he ends up starting.

• Like 1

Allright there let me please derail this thread, peace and merry Candlemas :)

Vanilla-Crepes-with-Nutella-3_2.jpg

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Arie was never a good starting LG option. Even if he was not injured there's no chance he ends up starting.

A 4th round pick that needing to add strength and technique going into 3rd year with team, isn’t a viable option? This is precisely how teams should be built, especially when other guard on team is going to get huge money. Now, do I know if he would’ve been solid or not, no. 

To throw his name out there like time and valuable resources hadn’t been committed for him to be ready next year is baseless. 

Edited by wit33

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd guess WR, LG is a given as for upgrades this off season.  And like you, I'd like a running QB everything equal with this specific team.   The problem might be though the FA crop at the moment looks weak at WR.  Might have to be the draft. 

I think Gruden will be content with bringing Crowder back, plus getting Richardson, Quinn and Davis back from IR. Probably add a day three rookie. 

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think Gruden will be content with bringing Crowder back, plus getting Richardson, Quinn and Davis back from IR. Probably add a day three rookie. 

Maybe.  The draft has good depth at receiver so I'd be surprised if they don't take one maybe even on day 1 or day 2.  Personally I think 2 day is the sweet spot.  Ironically I was just plugging a receiver on the draft thread minutes before reading your post. 

23 minutes ago, wit33 said:

A 4th round pick that needing to add strength and technique going into 3rd year with team, isn’t a viable option? This is precisely how teams should be built, especially when other guard on team is going to get huge money. Now, do I know if he would’ve been solid or not, no. 

To throw his name out there like time and valuable resources hadn’t been committed for him to be ready next year is baseless. 

Kouandjio was cut prior to the 2017 season and bring back later in the season due to injuries.

Believing he would have been a viable starting LG is a huge mistake from our FO.

25 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Kouandjio was cut prior to the 2017 season and bring back later in the season due to injuries.

Believing he would have been a viable starting LG is a huge mistake from our FO.

Have to penny pinch at a few positions and LG qualifies, especially with resources already dedicated to Williams, Scherff, and Moses.

Not arguing Arie as lock solid player, but other paths would’ve required a middle tier free agent that would cost 5-8mil or draft pick in top three rounds. Have to do your best to manage resources and allocate approximately.

The Arie injury was a factor in troubles at LG last year. That’s all I’m saying. 

Edited by wit33

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  The draft has good depth at receiver so I'd be surprised if they don't take one maybe even on day 1 or day 2.  Personally I think 2 day is the sweet spot.  Ironically I was just plugging a receiver on the draft thread minutes before reading your post. 

I like the WR from UMASS.  He has a good game in the Senior Bowl.  He reminds me a bit of a poor man's Brown from Oklahoma.  He might be able to be had in the 3rd/4th round.

• Like 1