Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

I would like to see a chart by year of out of town fans attendance at Fedex / % of ticket sales to out of towners. There is more to the story than just attendance drop; its much worse if you just focus on Skins fans sales.

We have to be the most overtaken stadium.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3

This made my day....

Josh Norman: Redskins would have won Super Bowl with healthy Alex Smith

TMZ caught up with the Redskins corner in Atlanta, the site of Super Bowl LIII.

TMZ Guy: You guys were having a killer season at the Redskins until Alex Smith got hurt. If Alex Smith never gets hurt, what happens?

Norman: We would have won the Super Bowl. 

TMZ Guy: You win it? Or you're in it? 

Norman: We in it and we winning it. Why we gonna be in it and not win it?

TMZ Guy: No way.

Norman: Yes way. We'd be in the Super Bowl.

https://thefandc.radio.com/josh-norman-redskins-win-super-bowl-with-alex-smith

• Haha 4

This just in!!! (maybe)

Listened to a Bruce Allen interview on a podcast. He says even though the Redskins have a new OC, Jay will still be calling the plays.

Who can figure this **** out?

tenor1.gif.e786ca4b5778e057b570ed8742e66f4c.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bruce did a VERY rare 1 on 1 interview, with News3

I am not sure more than 100 Redskins fans know of News3. Bruce clearly despises all local media. What a quack. He really needs to be a position that will not face any scrutiny, for he would likely be a much happier person.

Edited by RandyHolt

Norman good at one thing and that's talking. Skins could release him tomorrow and I'd careless. Can Bruce get fired already. Alex Smith isn't coming back next year. He'll be lucky to ever come back and if I was him I wouldn't. 

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Bruce did a VERY rare 1 on 1 interview, with News3

I am not sure more than 100 Redskins fans know of News3. Bruce clearly despises all local media. What a quack. He really needs to be a position that will not face any scrutiny, for he would likely be a much happier person.

You’re underestimating how many redskins fans would know news 3 considering it’s in tidewater and there’s a large number of skins fans here. Granted I highly doubt they gave him any tough questions at all. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

You’re underestimating how many redskins fans would know news 3 considering it’s in tidewater and there’s a large number of skins fans here. Granted I highly doubt they gave him any tough questions at all. 

Thanks, I stand corrected.  It still begs the question why he won't give our local media in his backyard the same interviews.

I see Josh Norman has decided to cozy up to Bruce by saying we would have won the bowl.  He is playing the game within the game. Bruce will fall for it hook line and sinker and probably ink him to a monster new contract.  Good for Josh, he knows how to work the corporate ladder.  And will probably end up a coach here in a few years if Bruce can hang in there.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hogs86 said:

This made my day....

Josh Norman: Redskins would have won Super Bowl with healthy Alex Smith

TMZ caught up with the Redskins corner in Atlanta, the site of Super Bowl LIII.

TMZ Guy: You guys were having a killer season at the Redskins until Alex Smith got hurt. If Alex Smith never gets hurt, what happens?

Norman: We would have won the Super Bowl. 

TMZ Guy: You win it? Or you're in it? 

Norman: We in it and we winning it. Why we gonna be in it and not win it?

TMZ Guy: No way.

Norman: Yes way. We'd be in the Super Bowl.

https://thefandc.radio.com/josh-norman-redskins-win-super-bowl-with-alex-smith

Josh Norman must not remember getting blown out by all those teams while Smith was QB..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Thanks, I stand corrected.  It still begs the question why he won't give our local media in his backyard the same interviews.

I see Josh Norman has decided to cozy up to Bruce by saying we would have won the bowl.  He is playing the game within the game. Bruce will fall for it hook line and sinker and probably ink him to a monster new contract.  Good for Josh, he knows how the work the corporate ladder.  And will probably end up a coach here in a few years if Bruce can hang in there.

I was thinking the same thing.  Vernon Davis gave me quite the chuckle when he spoke so highly of Bruce and what he was doing for the team some day last week. I think he was on the Junkies.  I thought with Bruce's shallow little ego, Father Time carved out another year on the roster and now Mouth Norman seems to have followed.  I think they will both be back here.  And the delusion continues - SB contenders???? LMAO.  Really Josh?  I mean wasn't Alex and company demolished by the Saint's in prime time? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think we all know Josh Norman isn't wired up correctly. 

He needs to be checked for concussion ;)

Edited by FrFan

I fail to see how pretending that Smith might be back next year gives even the tiniest illusion of real leverage.  It's not like every agent and GM didn't see what happened with their own eyes.  So what if Bruce calls someone and says "you know, we're not desperate because, you know, Alex will probably back by week 3 and, you know, his leg will be stronger than ever, you know, and we may start him at running back."  No one's going to give us a deal because Alex might be coming back.  Anyone who has a decent backup to trade, and that's not many teams, will be drooling when Bruce calls.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

I fail to see how pretending that Smith might be back next year gives even the tiniest illusion of real leverage.  It's not like every agent and GM didn't see what happened with their own eyes.  So what if Bruce calls someone and says "you know, we're not desperate because, you know, Alex will probably back by week 3 and, you know, his leg will be stronger than ever, you know, and we may start him at running back."  No one's going to give us a deal because Alex might be coming back.  Anyone who has a decent backup to trade, and that's not many teams, will be drooling when Bruce calls.

It's a running theme with Bruce where in effect he likes to use his seemingly 3rd grade level football-understanding human nature acumen and thinks he's so much smarter than everyone else who I gather he thinks has kindergarten level acumen.   The press release he read in the summer of 2017.  The grandmother story about Scot to throw people off the scent.    Mike Lombardi who worked with him in Oakland had a line about how Bruce always thought he was so much smarter than the agents he was dealing with, but he wasn't, and the agents got the last laugh.   So I bet he does think he's fooling the league about Alex. 

Even him dealing with the fan discontent by saying he shares their passion -- Bruce has that smug condescending rap down.  The irony is judging by some of the articles that have come out in recent weeks -- people around the league just laugh at what a buffoon the dude is.  And ditto the irony that beat guys say from what they hear its Bruce and Dan who think that they are the smarter ones.

I've never rooted against this team having success and knowing me I won't root against this team in any game next year -- its just not in me to do.  But I so think this team is on a collision corse for a miserable season that part of me is going to enjoy watching Bruce deal with it and explain it. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

He said we're taking it one day at a time and following the doctor's orders, did you listen or just run with the clickbait headline?

16 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Did he say "we're taking it day by day", a common phrase, or that "he's day to day", a specific football injury term? I feel like Califan, parsing things like this, but those are two very different statements. Either way I can't get myself to care about this because it's obvious he's just trying not to give up all future leverage by being honest. That's to be expected, however he worded it. It's a non-issue, and I assure you I am bothered and see an issue with almost everything about this franchise. 

Point taken. Seems I was wearing my anti-Bruce Allen glasses when I read this. Yeah JSSkinz "clickbait headlines" are a bytch!!!!!

42 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

You're not wrong...anyone we might deal with has every ability to use their own judgment or call any bluff. But, having said that, the Redskins' negotiating leverage is still slightly worse if we've already officially and publicly ruled out our QB playing next year. I'll say it this way...we gain NOTHING by ruling him out and at least have the possibility of benefiting by not ruling him out. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I agree with Josh Norman because I'm a Redskins fan.

I agree with Josh Norman believing this or stating his belief in his team. Personally, I think the Redskins would have uglied their way to 10-6 or at worst 9-7 and then been blown out of the water in the first round of the playoffs, but I do think with Alex under center we'd have won 2-4 more games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I agree with Josh Norman believing this or stating his belief in his team. Personally, I think the Redskins would have uglied their way to 10-6 or at worst 9-7 and then been blown out of the water in the first round of the playoffs, but I do think with Alex under center we'd have won 2-4 more games.

Lol well ya on a more realistic level I could have seen it playing out just like you said... But I am standing firm on what I have said all year I think if we would have gotten warm enough I really think we could have beaten the Rams or saints, despite what happened on Monday night against the saints.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Lol well ya on a more realistic level I could have seen it playing out just like you said... But I am standing firm on what I have said all year I think if we would have gotten warm enough I really think we could have beaten the Rams or saints, despite what happened on Monday night against the saints.

Anything is possible on this Earth, Horatio. I would have never believed we'd beat Green Bay. Mind you, Green Bay eventually imploded, but the team we faced was still a prideful team with an Aaron Rodgers who played quite well despite a bum knee. In fact, he moved really well.

Just now, Burgold said:

Anything is possible on this Earth, Horatio. I would have never believed we'd beat Green Bay. Mind you, Green Bay eventually imploded, but the team we faced was still a prideful team with an Aaron Rodgers who played quite well despite a bum knee. In fact, he moved really well.

and the only reason I stand so firmly on believing we would have beat the Rams was not just the diehard that I am but the experience I see the Redskins have with the Rams..Suh does not scare me and show me a highlight of Aaron Donald against the Redskins that's more than 45 seconds long.. other than maybe a couple sacks he's been irrelevant against us.. sorry long story shorts I like our chances against the Rams... And the saints thing is just the homerism in me lol doohhhh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

You're not wrong...anyone we might deal with has every ability to use their own judgment or call any bluff. But, having said that, the Redskins' negotiating leverage is still slightly worse if we've already officially and publicly ruled out our QB playing next year. I'll say it this way...we gain NOTHING by ruling him out and at least have the possibility of benefiting by not ruling him out. 

I'm not sure that's true.  Admittedly, the number of decent FA QBs that might come here is minuscule, but no one is going to come for 3rd string money, knowing that if they signed and Alex did come back at training camp, they'd probably get dumped at a time when the entire market for ****ty QBs would already have been filled by Fitzmagic, Cassell, Osweiller, etc.

As for a trade, I have to believe that fleecing Bruce is something that all other GMs see not just as their job, but as a matter of professional pride.  Like if you make a fair trade with Bruce, then you have to pick up the tab for all of the other GM's drinks at the Pro Bowl.  Or all the other GMs will be slapping you on the back about the trade and when you get home, your wife will ask you why you have 30 post-it notes on your back that say "I lost my **** to Bruce Almighty".

• Haha 1

The Skins have been a .500 team for last 4 years. 

What would there win percentage of been with an elite QB?

The whole “if Alex Smith...” scenario game is confusing to me.  As if he’s the only guy that got hurt.  All the signs were there prior to his injury that this team was going nowhere.  The merry go round on the Oline was far more detrimental to the team’s chances.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

The Skins have been a .500 team for last 4 years. 

What would there win percentage of been with an elite QB?

Honestly, probably about .500. We'd still have adversity but just of a different kind. I mean, Kirk was an elite QB for some of that time but we had no defense. Then we had injury problems, WR problems, OL problems, etc.

There's a guy called Batman. He's known for having a plan and a backup plan and backup plans for the backup plans, and then he's got contingencies for those backup plans. The main thing about this team is that we don't have backup plans. It becomes obvious when we're unable to make mid-game adjustments. But we also don't make mid-season adjustments so whenever it becomes known how Jay's going to do it, the good teams say we'll take that away and see what you want to do and that's when we fail.