2011.   77,000.  Rank 4th

2012.  79,650.  Rank 3rd

2013.  77,200.  Rank 4th

2014.  78,000.  Rank 5th

2015.  76,000.  Rank 6th

2016.  78,800.  Rank 3rd

2017.  75,200.  Rank 6th

2018.  61,000.  Rank 27th

Redskins were once the Crown Jewel of the NFL before years of incompetence eroded the fan interest.  The rookie year of RG3 in 2012 gave a temporary boost before the drama over RG3 vs Shanahan together with the realization that RG3 was fools gold due to his one fluke great year based on Kyle Shanhan’s Pistol Offense, caused the fall down to 6th place.  The emergence of Cousins as a bona fide franchise quarterback plus the hiring of Scot McCloughan increased the fan’s excitement that the team may FINALLY be running like a professional organization only to once again have the rug pulled out from under them with the handling of McCloughan and Cousin’s contract.

The League sees this.  The once Crown Jewel flagship team with the most devoted fans in the NFL reduced to the level of Cincinnati...from 1st to 27th in the league....and I bet they are not pleased.  Another year like 2018 could be enough for them to step in.  I believe they already attempted to help steer the team back to it’s former glory by possibly suggesting that Snyder hire LaFemina who was fired after only 10 months.

I think Snyder has checked out after 20 years of dealing with losing and Bruce Allen saw his opportunity of a lifetime....to have complete unfettered power like an owner without ever having the means to ever buy a team.  EVERYTHING goes thru Bruce Allen now.  He controls EVERYTHING and is only answerable to Dan Snyder.  There is not one other person in the NFL with this much control.  He pride himself last year at organizing the team but what he really did was organize it in such a way that he solidified his power.

So now you have an insecure man who is not very knowledgeable about the game...has no talent in finding players....has no clue at how to build a team or winning culture....who presides over the team like a little Emperor while the real owner is reduced to showing his displeasure then running off to his $100 million yacht.

For real change to occur...Bruce Allen has to be fired.  One good year will solidify his power even more.  Making the playoff with a 9-7 record will appease Snyder and give the weakest minded fans this false hope before the wheels come off again and the team falls back to it’s real place.  

If you are someone content to have a playoff berth once every 3-5 years then this is your team.  If you are like me and yearn to go back to the years when we were in the hunt for Championships every year like during the 1980’s under Jack Kent Cooke, Bobby Beathard and Joe Gibbs, then you need to want Bruce Allen fired also.  I would rather build for sustain success like the Patriots than be like the Falcons or any other team that gets to the big game once in a blue moon.

The only way I see real change coming is to drop those attendance figure even lower by boycotting the games to force either Snyder or the League to fix the problem by either strongly suggesting Snyder get rid of Bruce Allen or to vote to kick Snyder out of the Cartel by spinning their reason more towards something safer like the reluctance of the owner to change the racist team name. 

Edited by XtremeFan55
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wouldn't shock me me if Bruce has some burner accounts on it now.  The idea that Bruce is gatekeeping letters going to Redskins Park that talk about firing him -- another sign that he's trying to gate keep the whole thing.

The risk outweighs the value for Bruce to have burner accounts lol. Crazier things have happened, but can’t get with this throw mud against wall hypothesis. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It doesn't worry me much because I think it comes crashing down when they likely have a bad season next season.  As Michael Phillips said the other day the one good thing about the Bruce press conference from a fan point of view is he doubled down hard that they will have a good season next year so if it doesn't go down he has no way to wiggle his way out.

Yes, I do respect him for not being gray/political at all in expectations for next year. 

With that said, it’s hard for me to argue with a straight face a playoff season is up coming. I do believe Skins will have a chance to win in 12-14 games (meaning, be competitive and down to the wire), as most average teams do. 

12 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

The thing is that if you judge the FO solely by the moves they made, the track record isn't that bad. So if this were say a game of Madden and it was just players in and players out, no news media leaks, no twitter rumors, no coaching interviews for positions that aren't available, etc. If we judged by the Ruben Foster pickup (again without the charges) its a good move. Heck, even with the charges its debatable. 

But our FO is a circus in the media. I've long debated why, and I think certain papers and certain people at certain papers have frustrations with the team for various reasons, but much of the circus is self made. Whatever was going on with Scot, and all the rumors that came out, they put out there that he was away because of his grandmother. It'd be one thing if that was the story that they and Scot had agreed was going to be pushed, but that was so easily exposed as a lie. And thats why we're stuck in this cycle. We're good enough to compete with just about anybody but at any time in a season (more likely in November) things can just blow up and take the whole team and fan morale down to nothing. 

Honestly, I wonder what the next big story will be? I doubt its something lame like who we sign (or don't sign) in FA or who we draft (or don't draft). Those are the frustrations and excitements of every team. Nah, we're going to take things to new levels. What big trade are we going to make? Are we going to lock the doors on some coach? Will Snyder be seen with some big personnel guy or ol school coach? I heard he likes Cowher. Or will it be another Zorn-like "I won't fire him, but I'll make his work environment so bad he'll want to quit". We'll see

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So, you're one of the ones hes talking about on twitter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It doesn't worry me much because I think it comes crashing down when they likely have a bad season next season.  As Michael Phillips said the other day the one good thing about the Bruce press conference from a fan point of view is he doubled down hard that they will have a good season next year so if it doesn't go down he has no way to wiggle his way out.

I remmeber he said "Wins and losses is the most important statistic when it comes to an equipment manager, a team president, a quarterback, a running back, a guard or a coach"

Did he resigned , No, did he got fired ? No, on the contrary he was promoted !

When I read and see that it means that this jerk is absolutely bullet proof and doesn't fear anything. The ultimate stage of arrogance.

I can be wrong but I believe he will still be there no matter the season and that he might have something to blackmail Snyder.

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That surprises me, because I’ve been paying attention to everything the Skins put up on social media, and it’s always bombarded with #FireBruceAllen.  There have been times where over 100 comments in none are positive.  Warms my heart.

It shocked me too to be honest. I mean some of the shock was I was literally getting cussed out for it. I got told to take my fandom somewhere else cause we don’t need you if you’re gonna be negative. Had another one cuss me out and tell me she had a new Facebook group where they only allow positive fans. Another told me that the Alex smith trade was a stroke of genius and was a clear upgrade from Cousins and I should shut up because I couldn’t even run a 7-11 if I couldnt see that. 

56 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The risk outweighs the value for Bruce to have burner accounts lol. Crazier things have happened, but can’t get with this throw mud against wall hypothesis. 

It's funny to me you take it that seriously.  Saying I am throwing mud against the wall elevates the importance if Bruce did it.  Would it really be that big of a deal?  It would be more funny than serious.  Playing along, it wouldn't be hard to ask underlings who work at Redskins Park to go on twitter and sell the status quo.   But I don't care enough to argue the point as if it was something momentous one way or another. 

57 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Yes, I do respect him for not being gray/political at all in expectations for next year. 

With that said, it’s hard for me to argue with a straight face a playoff season is up coming. I do believe Skins will have a chance to win in 12-14 games (meaning, be competitive and down to the wire), as most average teams do. 

I don't respect Bruce at all including on this point but I don't blame him for his survival instinct either.  He would have no other choice but to sell Dan on this.  He likely needed to do it for his survival.  Ditto Jay.  And I don't blame either for their survival extent.  They'd have to be dolts to go to Dan and say Dan hey I know some fans are upset, I know you have some hankering to make some changes but we want to tell you that it will get even worse before it gets better or at best we will be 8-8.  Now please Dan bring us back.   I am sure fans will be perfectly cool with a step down and or another mediocre year and yes they will come back and fill the stands and watch the games on TV.

You got to sell that the future is better in their shoes.   They have no choice.  They are boxed into it. 

56 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Bruce has made numerous decisions where the risk outweighs the reward. So I’m not sure why you’d credit him with being too smart for that.

That said, I don’t think Bruce cares enough to create burner accounts.  Why should he?  He can oversee the operations that have led to the lowest of lows in fan support and be handed even more power as a result.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

It shocked me too to be honest. I mean some of the shock was I was literally getting cussed out for it. I got told to take my fandom somewhere else cause we don’t need you if you’re gonna be negative. Had another one cuss me out and tell me she had a new Facebook group where they only allow positive fans. Another told me that the Alex smith trade was a stroke of genius and was a clear upgrade from Cousins and I should shut up because I couldn’t even run a 7-11 if I couldnt see that. 

Fans are gonna fan.  The Redskins have just as many idiotic fans as any other team out there, however it is a dying breed thanks to Dan and Bruce.

Find any awful thing out there, and you’ll find people that throw logic out the window and defend it merely for the sake of defending it. 

3 hours ago, XtremeFan55 said:

I think Snyder has checked out after 20 years of dealing with losing and Bruce Allen saw his opportunity of a lifetime....to have complete unfettered power like an owner without ever having the means to ever buy a team.  EVERYTHING goes thru Bruce Allen now.  He controls EVERYTHING and is only answerable to Dan Snyder.  There is not one other person in the NFL with this much control.  He pride himself last year at organizing the team but what he really did was organize it in such a way that he solidified his power.

So now you have an insecure man who is not very knowledgeable about the game...has no talent in finding players....has no clue at how to build a team or winning culture....who presides over the team like a little Emperor while the real owner is reduced to showing his displeasure then running off to his $100 million yacht.

For real change to occur...Bruce Allen has to be fired.  One good year will solidify his power even more.  Making the playoff with a 9-7 record will appease Snyder and give the weakest minded fans this false hope before the wheels come off again and the team falls back to it’s real place.  

If you are someone content to have a playoff berth once every 3-5 years then this is your team.  If you are like me and yearn to go back to the years when we were in the hunt for Championships every year like during the 1980’s under Jack Kent Cooke, Bobby Beathard and Joe Gibbs, then you need to want Bruce Allen fired also.  I would rather build for sustain success like the Patriots than be like the Falcons or any other team that gets to the big game once in a blue moon.

The only way I see real change coming is to drop those attendance figure even lower by boycotting the games to force either Snyder or the League to fix the problem by either strongly suggesting Snyder get rid of Bruce Allen or to vote to kick Snyder out of the Cartel by spinning their reason more towards something safer like the reluctance of the owner to change the racist team name. 

This more or less Mike Florio's theory that Dan has checked out.   Personally I doubt it but I suspect Dan likes to have a guy who runs around the building and does everything and who he has that dude's ear and close friendship where they both tell each other how great they are and smarter than everyone else.

Dan has indeed given Bruce power like no other GM.   The dude oversees personnel.  He oversees contracts.  The underlings in that FO and coaches have ties to Bruce. According to some who cover the team, Bruce is even telling Jay who to play.   He also runs the business operations.  Heck he even does game day challenges and picks out their uniforms.   And Dan sends him alone sometimes to represent him at owners meetings.    When people say sometimes they suspect Bruce is just a figurehead -- I think that's nuts. 

Grant Paulsen (I think it was him?) said not long ago he talked to a source at the FO and they got into a conversation about media members challenging Bruce and aren't they afraid because Bruce is very very powerful at Redskins Park.   Liz Clark  said in an interview she heard that Bruce just loves the power he has at Redskins Park and is living the dream on that front.   Chris Cooley, friend of Bruce, said last year in a segment that Bruce is never giving up any power voluntarily. 

For those that say Bruce is just purely doing Dan's bidding -- I don't see it.  The Tampa connection with coaches -- that a Dan invention?    Being cheap as to paying coaches -- Dan was once the opposite on that front.  Being cheap in FA -- Dan was once the opposite of that too. They've gone from sexy hires signings to non-sexy.  Just by some mere coincidence Dan has done 180s on how he rolls that just happens by chance to fit the way Bruce rolls?     I doubt it. 

I think the odds on a scale of 0-100 -- its a O that Bruce is merely a figurehead at Redskins Park.  Some Dan haters have issues with that point because it can come off like you are letting Dan off the hook when Bruce is put on the spot.  But I don't see it that way -- to me it makes Dan look even worse.  For starters, its Dan who sets the culture which stinks there.  And if he has a dislikable buffoon running the team -- than Dan is double the buffoon for hiring that dude and letting him do it.

This team will always be a problem culture wise with Dan at the top.  But I am sticking with removing Bruce should at least make a bad situation a little better.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's funny to me you take it that seriously.  Saying I am throwing mud against the wall elevates the importance if Bruce did it.  Would it really be that big of a deal?  It would be more funny than serious.  Playing along, it wouldn't be hard to ask underlings who work at Redskins Park to go on twitter and sell the status quo.   But I don't care enough to argue the point as if it was something momentous one way or another. 

Ahh... I see what you Lee doing here, you’ve turned the discussion as if I’ve made some outlandish claim. Bravo!

Who’s the politician now lol??

Not “momentous” in the least. More like Thursday afternoon dialogue for a couple of junkies. 

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't respect Bruce at all including on this point but I don't blame him for his survival instinct either.  He would have no other choice but to sell Dan on this.  He likely needed to do it for his survival.  Ditto Jay.  And I don't blame either for their survival extent.  They'd have to be dolts to go to Dan and say Dan hey I know some fans are upset, I know you have some hankering to make some changes but we want to tell you that it will get even worse before it gets better or at best we will be 8-8.  Now please Dan bring us back.   I am sure fans will be perfectly cool with a step down and or another mediocre year and yes they will come back and fill the stands and watch the games on TV.

You got to sell that the future is better in their shoes.   They have no choice.  They are boxed into it. 

Don’t disagree with any of this. Bruce doesn’t want to take responsibility for much. I’m with you. 

24 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Ahh... I see what you Lee doing here, you’ve turned the discussion as if I’ve made some outlandish claim. Bravo!

I was being sarcastic.  Whether Bruce would do a burner account or not wasn't my point. My point was him playing the gatekeeper.  For you turning it into me throwing stuff against the wall -- elevated a sarcastic comment's importance as if I think it was a major plot point. 

But ok if we have to engage on it seriously.  My 2 cents: I doubt Bruce would set up his own burner account.  It wouldn't surprise me if someone suggested within Redskins Park for the social media team to set up burner accounts to try to engage the negative nellies that they are dealing with    

I am in a business where public perception about public figures is a big deal similar to Bruce-Dan's issues -- and yes i've seen a concentrated effort done plenty of times to help protect said public figures.  And yes that included people forming burner accounts and engaging.  I'd even say 90% of the time give or take it happens just like that.    I've had public figures actually scream on conference calls that I've been on for the people who work in social media to engage and try to turn the tide if they are under the gun. 

Often the social media people get blamed by their bosses for not being able to mitigate the problem and are told to fix it.  

• Like 1

I like the theory of Snyder checking out. Its actually kinda sad.  He's just as apathetic as we are, but doesn't realize he has the power to change things if he actually really wanted to.

But instead he buys a $100 Mil yacht.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I know it's all about money, but you're overstating the importance of the Washington Redskins franchise to the rest of the league, particularly in light of the fact that the NFL has now penetrated and earned the market interest of the 3rd most economically prosperous city in the entire world (Los Angeles) by fielding two winning teams. Money is rolling in. Would the NFL *like* a strong and prosperous Washington Redskins franchise? Of course. But are the losses the organization have incurred over the past decade and more enough to raise concerns from the other owners? I don't think so. We've been losers for a long time. If the 'Skins were vital or important to the NFL, the league would have stepped in a long time ago or at least we would have heard murmurs about it by now. We haven't heard a peep in over 20 years of futility.

We all want someone to come in riding on a white horse to save us, but the owners look after their own and the commissioner doesn't have that kind of pull 

The 31 other NFL owners doesn't care much about us winning or losing. They really don't care about us being relevant or not on the field. I'm even pretty sure that a few of them are glad that we are not good on the field.

But, in a shared-revenue system you are getting concerned when one of your most powerful revenue-wise teams is starting to lose fans and not making money the way others are. That's basically every other's team revenue that is being hurt.

The problem here is not us losing on the field, we've been for years. Problem is that we are becoming a shame to the NFL.

- The Reuben Foster incident didn't went smooth in the media and US as a whole. That was a blow to the NFL's PR. Which may hinder future tv contracts or whatever at some points. Which is not good for NFL business.

- The lie about the phantom waiting list, the LaFemina's firing, and so on...

All of these are sending fans from this team packing which isn't good for NFL revenues as the Redskins are not making what they should be making. And now they are starting to make the NFL look bad. That's not gonna last long.

3 hours ago, XtremeFan55 said:

Look at history of Redskins attendance:

2006.  87,600. Rank 1st

2007.  88,000. Rank 1st

2008.  88,000. Rank 1st

2009.  84,800. Rank 2nd

2010.  83,200.  Rank 2nd

2011.   77,000.  Rank 4th

2012.  79,650.  Rank 3rd

2013.  77,200.  Rank 4th

2014.  78,000.  Rank 5th

2015.  76,000.  Rank 6th

2016.  78,800.  Rank 3rd

2017.  75,200.  Rank 6th

2018.  61,000.  Rank 27th

Redskins were once the Crown Jewel of the NFL before years of incompetence eroded the fan interest.  

Even though I do agree with your general feeling, LaFemina's hisroy should have told ya that those numbers, besides this year are most likely false.

A loss of 14K in one year is just too much to be solely due to KC not signed... Let's be faire, besides that there weren't much mess last offseason.

9 minutes ago, superozman said:

Another public interview!!?!??!?  I'll be excited to hear this one from 980!

I heard the one from 980, pure fluff stuff, I was disappointed in Brian Mitchell who acted like the tough guy plenty in previous segments about Bruce and then he gets him on air and he was borderline soft with him or at the very least he wasn't tough.  

Bruce's thing about Alex is getting national attention.  But he didn't say in that interview or in Finlay's that Alex will be back.  If fact Finlay tried to corner Bruce on it saying he could be back this season then Bruce said he didn't say that either.  He just implied that they don't know for sure that Alex isn't returning next season. 

• Confused 1

Either Bruce Allen is stupid and/or in denial or he thinks we are. Either way a bad look!

Day to Day, my buttocks!!!!

Bruce Allen says “nonsense” to report Alex Smith is expected to miss 2019

Posted by Josh Alper on January 31, 2019, 3:13 PM EST
gettyimages-1060314464-e1548965622822.jp
Getty Images

A report this week indicated that Washington is not planning to have quarterback Alex Smith back from his broken right leg in time to play during the 2019 season, but team president Bruce Allen pushed back at that notion on Thursday.

Allen called the report “nonsense” during an appearance on The Team 980 and said the quarterback’s condition is improving.

“He really is a day-to-day guy,” Allen said, via the Washington Post.

Smith didn’t look day-to-day while attending a recent Wizards game with an external fixator attached to his leg, but it may be too early to start ruling out anything about where he’ll be seven-plus months from now. Even if he isn’t ruled out, it’s probably a good idea for the team to consider other options this offseason so they have a plan in place in the event Smith can’t go

Edited by MEANDWARF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alex Smith is lucky to have two legs. There’s zero chance he plays next season, if ever again.

I mean, if they plan on replacing Smith in the draft or FA, do you expect them to be honest right now and give up any semblance of leverage in trade or contract talks by admitting he's totally done? This is a non-issue, and I hate Bruce. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I mean, if they plan on replacing Smith in the draft or FA, do you expect them to be honest right now and give up any semblance of leverage in trade or contract talks by admitting he's totally done? This is a non-issue, and I hate Bruce. 

I tend to agree...there are plenty of reasons to criticize Bruce Allen, but this isn't one. For one, it's no one's business how Smith is doing in his recovery. Granted, I doubt that factor entered into Allen's answer. But, secondly, there's no reason to disclose in January that you're doubtful about the health of your starting QB for the season that kicks off in September. Let things play out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

No but you don't say he's "day to day" when he was last seen last week at the Wizards game wearing a external fixator. 

• Like 1

JP Finlay to Bruce Allen

"So you think Alex has a chance to play next year?"

Bruce Allen's Response

"Na, I didn't say that, we're taking it day by day blah blah blah"

Alex isn't playing next year, everyone pretty much knows it including Bruce, nothing to see here.

7 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

No but you don't say he's "day to day" when he was last seen last week at the Wizards game wearing a external fixator. 

He said we're taking it one day at a time and following the doctor's orders, did you listen or just run with the clickbait headline?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

Did he say "we're taking it day by day", a common phrase, or that "he's day to day", a specific football injury term? I feel like Califan, parsing things like this, but those are two very different statements. Either way I can't get myself to care about this because it's obvious he's just trying not to give up all future leverage by being honest. That's to be expected, however he worded it. It's a non-issue, and I assure you I am bothered and see an issue with almost everything about this franchise. 

• Like 1

I've heard Bruce speak on Alex multiple times.  Easy I think to summarize it:

Alex takes things day to day because he's a process driven dude much like his predecessor here.  Alex and their doctors are dealing things day to day.  They are thinking about now not 6 months from now. 

If anyone can get over an injury in theory its our hero Alex Smith. 

If anyone pins him on Alex not playing -- he will suggest its nonsense.  If anyone pins him on Alex playing -- he dodges that aside from platitudes about how Alex is the kind of guy who would love to be playing golf or basketball, etc right now but he's listening to his doctors.

As I've said in other posts, Bruce seems oddly basking in all the positive sentiment around the league for Alex's well being as if the positivity extends to Bruce himself since he brought this wonderful man to the Redskins.  And none of that sarcasm is directed at Alex -- he's genuinely a good dude but I find it nauseating how Bruce is trying to twist the whole thing to make himself feel good. 

The guys who supposedly were on top of the story from the get go, the Junkies, have strongly hinted that Alex will never play again let alone play in 2019.  A sports doctor who knows Alex's injury well, said no way in 2019.   Every beat reporter who covers the team say what they hear is Alex for sure is out in 2019 and likely will never play again.  the never play again is the part that isn't slam dunk but out for 2019 to them is slam dunk. 

Only thing I can think of that makes sense for Bruce to play games is its how he rolls and also maybe they think there is value to put out there before FA and the draft that they aren't desperate for a QB. 

Redskins president Bruce Allen said on The Team 980 that the promotion of Kevin O'Connell was made because coach Jay Gruden wanted "to get some new thinking and fresh thinking into the offense." Allen said as of now Gruden would call the plays, but other sources have said that could still change. Allen also said the Redskins were not yet preparing for life without Alex Smith this season. However, the Redskins clearly know he might not play this season because of his compound fracture and are considering options to bolster the position. Allen also told the Inside the Locker Room show on 980 that as Smith "develops we'll have a better idea of when" he might return.