Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s part of why I can’t fathom how any self respecting fan of this team can actually get behind this guy in any capacity.  He looks like exactly what he is.  It’s not like he looks the part and has charisma that can deter folks from his ineptitude.

Born into any other life, he's a used car salesman.

No disrespect intended towards anyone here working in sales, you know I'm talking about the stereotypes. Unless you hawk reverse mortgages. Then, disrespect intended. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s part of why I can’t fathom how any self respecting fan of this team can actually get behind this guy in any capacity.  He looks like exactly what he is.  It’s not like he looks the part and has charisma that can deter folks from his ineptitude.

He comes off that way in person too - like a glad handing politician.

Sheehan was going on recently that he thinks Bruce has surpassed Vinny as for who is hated more by the fan base. Comparing 10 years versus now.  I think Sheehan has it right.

I think Bruce and Dan come off in their rare public appearances just as smarmy and out of touch as their reputation.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He comes off that way in person too - like a glad handing politician.

Man, some politicians legitimately exude charisma though. He doesn't come off as charismatic, he's sleezy. 

Like, Bruce is the perfect casting choice for the town selectman you're supposed to hate. He's that kinda greasy. So you're not wrong about the politician thing entirely. I just can't imagine him being mistaken for a charismatic guy, and I hear that as one of his alleged qualities pretty frequently. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Man, some politicians legitimately exude charisma though. He doesn't come off as charismatic, he's sleezy. 

Like, Bruce is the perfect casting choice for the town selectman you're supposed to hate. He's that kinda greasy. So you're not wrong about the politician thing entirely. I just can't imagine him being mistaken for a charismatic guy, and I hear that as one of his alleged qualities pretty frequently. 

Yeah trust me I know plenty of politicians. In Bruce's case I mean politician in the worst way. Agree he is not charismatic. He comes off smarmy and sleazy.

• Like 1

So he shares our passion.

Is that a qualification? Can we just randomly choose a passionate ESer to replace him then? Could it be worse?

Did he not also share the passion of Bucs fans? Where did that go?

I buy a bag of dog biscuits and my dog is quite passionate about getting some of them but can't touch a single one unless I give them to him.

Will Roger Goodell gift Bruce an honorary Lombardi to put in the Redskins trophy case? Because that's the only way he's ever getting one.

He shares our passion, hahahaha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

He shares our passion, hahahaha.

When I read it first I thought he shared our passion of #FireBruceAllen

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Insanely punchable face. Possibly the most punchable face since Jimmy Clausen. 

Damn. Been awhile since I had dudes name in my mind. Clausen def had that 90's movie  teen goon (that ultimately gets his in the end) look to him.😂

8510624.jpg

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

Man oh man I was so looking forward to hearing EB this morning go off about Bruce Allen, but when I got into my car and didn't hear him on the show, I had completely forgotten he's going to be gone for at least 2 days for a funeral.  I expected a really entertaining drive into work with him ranting about Bruce.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I like the Bruce stink eye in that video still.  He obvious despises interviews at this point, and cannot hide it.

• Like 1

A few things that I found interesting . Some are quotes, some are me paraphrasing.

Bruce said that it is Jay who is interviewing coaches right now, and he will probably talk with another twenty to thirty.

The second part could be refering to just generally talking with other coaches who are also at the Senior Bowl, but the first part sounds like it's Jay who makes the decisions on which coaches are hired. This seems to go against earlier reports.

He also said that Manusky was in on several of the inteviews (although he went on to only confirm the Bowles one).

Did Manusky really attend an interview for his prospective replacement, or was Bowles only interviewed for an assistant DC role, or is this complete bull****?

When asked about the stadium being 75% full of eagles fans for the last game he said "Our fans are passionate" (one of his favourite words) "but maybe they didn't want to be there for an eagle victory".

WTF kind of explanation is that!!!

When asked about the players claiming that they wasn't asked about Rueben Foster prior to him being claimed, he said "We did a quick investigation", "we did our homework", "We did talk to the other Alabama players about him, but we don't want them discussing it, they won't discuss it".

Well I thought that they did discuss it, and they said that they wasn't asked.

He also said "I don't know why we (Rueben) would expect a suspension" so maybe they're expecting Foster to start week one?

When asked about #FireBruceAllen and the disconnect between how the fans feel and how he feels, he visibly stumbled and just gave a stock answer about passion and winning.

Someone at the end said "Thanks Bruce, you should do this more often" and Bruce said something like; M and M, I'm here every week.

Does anyone know exactly what he said and what that means, because I couldn't really make that out.

Here's the full interview, some of the live chat rolling down the right side is ****ing hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbqjWDVKtY0

Could the team's new mantra be "We're trying to find the winning combination for 2019"?

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I am the only one, but I would have grilled Bruce on how rude it was to shelf the halftime show for our final home game - ask him who's idea it was, and why did they stiff his own entertainment crew (did they get paid?) and our fans that enjoy that part of the game day experience. What's next, cancelling flyovers?

I suspect he did it to say FU to the Eagles fans, but I don't think a single one got that message.  It just made anyone that cared, disrespect our organization even further, extending to any fan of the NFL that learned of it.  I would love to learn that Mara fined our ass for giving the NFL product a bad name.  My GF used to love the halftime shows, and was a fill in leader at the famous seat cushion game (fun fact of the day since all else here is dreary).

He better hope our first home game is vs a cellar dweller whose fans don't travel.

Edited by RandyHolt

9 minutes ago, London Kev said:

A few things that I found interesting . Some are quotes, some are me paraphrasing.

Bruce said that it is Jay who is interviewing coaches right now, and he will probably talk with another twenty to thirty.

The second part could be refering to just generally talking with other coaches who are also at the Senior Bowl, but the first part sounds like it's Jay who makes the decisions on which coaches are hired. This seems to go against earlier reports.

He also said that Manusky was in on several of the inteviews (although he went on to only confirm the Bowles one).

Did Manusky really attend an interview for his prospective replacement, or was Bowles only interviewed for an assistant DC role, or is this complete bull?

Basically he was trying to sell the whole thing as talking to coaches to get “ideas” and likening it to taking shop at the Senior Bowl.  Like most politicians, says a whole lot without really saying anything.  Unlike most politicians, he’s really terrible at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If we recall before the 2017 combine they came up with the Scot grandmother story so lying isnt beneath them if they want to try to kill a story. Clearly they know the Dan interviewing coordinators story is a mess for them.

But if he is being coached like a politician, you go on message where you purposely repeat things to go on theme.

So with Bruce it was "I am not the guy calling the shots" its Doug, its Jay. But mostly Doug, Doug, Doug. And lol I know u guys in the press and fans love Doug so u won't attack that dude! Gotcha!

• Like 4

I see more passion for winning in that interview than I see in this thread.

I do see some passion for AM radio rants in here and I appreciate that rare moment of transparency.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I see more passion for winning in that interview than I see in this thread.

I do see some passion for AM radio rants in here and I appreciate that rare moment of transparency.

You are among the last of a dying breed.  Never change.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You are among the last of a dying breed.  Never change.

Follow your passion...

"We're trying to find a winning combination for 2019"

Newsflash Redskins, if one of the ingredients you're committed to using is Allen's smarmy bull**** , any "winning combination" recipe  you try out will still end up tasting like ****.

Image result for poop gif

Edited by Reaper Skins

Why is it that Snyder has this habit of hiring idiots to run the franchise? The man clearly prioritizes cronyism over winning football. Just a sad situation. 

• Like 3

I did have 1 positive take away from the interview.

When asked about the stadium design, he did say they trashed that initial rendering after it went public and the fan reaction was negative. That rendering was god awful. I'm glad that's off the table.

3 minutes ago, Tay said:

I did have 1 positive take away from the interview.

When asked about the stadium design, he did say they trashed that initial rendering after it went public and the fan reaction was negative. That rendering was god awful. I'm glad that's off the table.

Apparently fan reaction is only factored into stadium design decisions.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

So what's happened during his tenure is a crime of passion...

Yeah, he has this innate ability to have tremendous passion that nobody else can see through his actions.