Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think we are giving Bruce a hard time for no reason.   The poor dude.  Look he is as passionate as any of us.  Clearly, our anger while is commendable is also misplaced.  When we settle down we will realize our anger is purely about the losing streak at the end of the season.    Bruce just happens to be the target because someone has to be.  So he's taking the bullets for the organization and I am sure he is doing it with major Redskins pride.  Because that's how he rolls.  When we settle down, we will realize that we want to win and we are passionate about it -- and we have a brother in arms with our compadre Bruce who likewise wants to win and is equally passionate.  We can all sleep night knowing Bruce is working 24/7 to make it happen for us and we are all on the same page.  🙂

So 10 years in he's still working on getting the organization to believe in passion for winning football games? So how long does it take him? Another 10? Moron.

FYI this is just commentary on Bruce.

30 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i have no idea.  I have so many fans saying this to me. 

Right. It's like this rumor that keeps spreading.

"He's keeping Bruce to get the new stadium deal. Oh, that's because Bruce's brother used to be the Governor of VA and a Senator from there also (before he got bounced out)."

Crock of ****

13 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

So 10 years in he's still working on getting the organization to believe in passion for winning football games? So how long does it take him? Another 10? Moron.

FYI this is just commentary on Bruce.

Yeah the passion stuff I called before the interview.  It would make sense because how else is Bruce going to spin it?    So it sounds like he is telling people in the building the people who want him gone are a combination of passionate Redskins fans who just want to place their anger somewhere and also saying (per Grant Paulson) that the people behind the firebruce movement aren't actually Redskins fans.  Hilarious.

Did you see the bemused expression on his face having to answer that question? Like "wow, they want to know why I'M the right person to lead the organization? Cute."

Such a smug piece of ****. He has zero regard for how anyone else, especially fans, see the team or the perception of the job he's doing. They really do think they're smarter than everyone else, you can see it in his eyes when answering that question. He's humoring people who don't know what they're talking about, in his mind. 

I just re-listened to it. I think there is a small giveaway on it. Bruce talked about how the fans saw how good the team was in the first 10 games

Now that's a departure from what we typically hear which is the first 9 games.

Connecting more dots, Finley said that Jay even recently complained about the Texan game being stolen because of the missed call on Doctson. 

Also, Jay tends to correct people when people say the season went south when Alex got hurt by saying no it was when Colt got hurt.

I think they genuinely believe that they can win with Colt albeit are concern about his durability.

My point is I bet Bruce is selling Dan that they really went 7-3, considering the botched call in the Texans game. And Colt would have led them to the playoffs.

Also his lines about being in the middle means you are on the verge of taking that next step up.  As if u can't slide from the middle downward.

I think we got a window into how he sells last year in the building.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just re-listened to it. I think there is a small giveaway on it. Bruce talked about how the fans saw how good the team was in the first 10 games

Now that's a departure from what we typically hear which is the first 9 games.

Connecting more dots, Finley said that Jay even recently complained about the Texan game being stolen because of the missed call on Doctson. 

Also, Jay tends to correct people when people say the season went south when Alex got hurt by saying no it was when Colt got hurt.

I think they genuinely believe that they can win with Colt albeit are concern about his durability.

My point is I bet Bruce is selling Dan that they really went 7-3, considering the botched call in the Texans game. And Colt would have led them to the playoffs.

Also his lines about being in the middle means you are on the verge of taking that next step up.  As if u can't slide from the middle downward.

I think we got a window into how he sells last year in the building.

I think you're absolutely right on this, which ironically makes me feel a TON better. Because it makes me think we won't feel the need to make a senseless, too-early big move for a QB. If they think they've got it all figured out with Colt, and we just draft normally, all the dominoes are lined up for a 4-12 season just like we want. I hope they are as blindly arrogant about their chances as they seem and make no big stupid splashes in FA and the draft, especially at QB. Also, if you're right and this is how they sold it to Snyder, then even better, because that "shocking" 4-12 season coming down the pike will be enough to get them all canned and get us a fresh start.

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I would have asked why is this the only place that you conduct your annual press conference.

because it's unexpected so a bunch of unprepared beat reports probably we're there. Also, if Gruden were at this thing. He'd be the one shoved up there. Sounds like Bruce thought he could get away without speaking but (correct me if I'm wrong), I'd bet every team had a rep there that spoke to their local media. A GM or HC.

26 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think you're absolutely right on this, which ironically makes me feel a TON better. Because it makes me think we won't feel the need to make a senseless, too-early big move for a QB. If they think they've got it all figured out with Colt, and we just draft normally, all the dominoes are lined up for a 4-12 season just like we want. I hope they are as blindly arrogant about their chances as they seem and make no big stupid splashes in FA and the draft, especially at QB. Also, if you're right and this is how they sold it to Snyder, then even better, because that "shocking" 4-12 season coming down the pike will be enough to get them all canned and get us a fresh start.

Yeah I am hoping for that. Two wildcards though that strike me.

A. They might feel compelled to draft a qb to sell fans on the future even with Colt starting.

B. Tough call if Dan fully believes that narrative so he might want a splash anyway especially if season ticket sales lag.

Paulsen said today he heard they are gun shy about trading up in the draft out of fear of another RG3 type of mistake.

But yeah agree hopefully they genuinely think it's just the injuries and they are close.

I watched this horse**** presser when it was streaming live.

First thing I noticed was he looked redder in the face then Scot or even Shanny.

Few points on the new stadium none of you guys have mentioned yet-

They want it to last for the next 50 years.

They supposedly ditched the moat idea that was floated a few years ago as soon as it aired on 60 Minutes. v

So I just took the time to watch the whole thing, what I got out of it was:

marketing firings and hirings:

we’ve hired some guys that have enthusiasm

on #firebruceallen:

blah winning want to win blah win need to win blah

on with his poor record why is he the guy to lead this team:

because he has a passion for winning

pretty much everything else:

”not gonna get into that”

Did I miss anything?

1 minute ago, TK said:

I watched this horse**** presser when it was streaming live.

First thing I noticed was he looked redder in the face then Scot or even Shanny.

Few points on the new stadium none of you guys have mentioned yet-

They want it to last for the next 50 years.

They supposedly ditched the moat idea that was floated a few years ago as soon as it aired on 60 Minutes. v

Still stupid.

How they haven't pitched a stadium with a retractable roof that be used year-round for more than just Redskins games is beyond me. That should be the selling point. "Bowl Games, NCAA March Madness, Concerts, Conventions, blah blah blah"

They can't even explain what they are thinking.

No worries, Snyder got his Yacht with ****ing IMAX. So, his PR and Comms team has the whole bad image thing fixed "Good job, Larry Michael and Tony Wylie....."

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

marketing firings and hirings:

we’ve hired some guys that have enthusiasm

Did I miss anything?

That was the other thing. The guys they've hired have spoke to fans. Really? Who? Where? When? SOmething like that would have at least made either the Sports Bog on the WP or Finlay's podcast.

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

If he is as passionate as us, he is in the wrong business.  You can't be passionate when making decisions for a billion dollar franchise 

I can't get down with this, what kinda passionate we talking about here?  Mark Cuban is all in, baby, and he has a ring while putting other people on game he's so successful at the same time.  That trickles down to every position in the franchise, step one is giving a damn, like really really giving a damn.  That's also only part of what makes you successful, by itself isn't enough.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can't get down with this, what kinda passionate we talking about here?  Mark Cuban is all in, baby, and he has a ring while putting other people on game he's so successful at the same time.  That trickles down to every position in the franchise, step one is giving a damn, like really really giving a damn.  That's also only part of what makes you successful, by itself isn't enough.

Mark Cuban has been god awful in the past 5 years.  Hes more worried about his Shark Tank popularity than his team

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

Mark Cuban has been god awful in the past 5 years.  Hes more worried about his Shark Tank popularity than his team

Is he the GM as well as the owner? How much attention does an NBA owner need to have on his team, in that way?

10 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The team has not been great lately, but he completely turned around that franchise when he bought it. Think they were still over 500 two years ago, so it's not like they've been a lottery team the last 5.

Hell, five years ago Mavs won 50 games, whens last time my Wizards did that? 1979.

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Insanely punchable face. Possibly the most punchable face since Jimmy Clausen. 

It’s part of why I can’t fathom how any self respecting fan of this team can actually get behind this guy in any capacity.  He looks like exactly what he is.  It’s not like he looks the part and has charisma that can deter folks from his ineptitude.

Archived