Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

10 minutes ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

Anyone know where one can find the press conference online live?

I came in late, was he getting softballs when it started?

I call BS that Manusky was in the interviews for guys he knew were trying to take his job.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

He dodged the question about being held accountable.  Basically mentioned Doug and Doug's staff have to get better players in.  Took himself completely out of the equation.

• Haha 5

My question if I was there--

"Bruce:  Do you know the fanbase hates your guts with a passion and that you are considered a joke around the NFL and that it has gotten to the point that nobody wants to come here no matter how much money Dan forks out?"

• Like 1

He speaks so little, they're all over the map, trying to get stuff in, rather than follow up on obvious question marks his answers create. Glad Finlay came back to Manusky though.

Edited by justice98

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

He dodged the question about being held accountable.  Basically mentioned Doug and Doug's staff have to get better players in.  Took himself completely out of the equation.

Wow. Really? 

Those guys should stop kissing his south end and start asking embarrassing questions. They're asking anout the Smith trade but don't care at all to ask him about this stupid contract.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hashtag Question!!!!!  LOL he is rattled and gave incoherent answer.

• Haha 1

Asked why do you think you're the right guy to lead this franchise? : I share the same passion (fans) for this franchise !!!!!!!!🤢

He is a disgrace. Go get your Coors light and get lost.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Wow. Really? 

He's being slippery, he's a good deflector.  Finally cornered him at the end, but he didnt say much.  Last question was about why, given his record, he was the right guy.  His answer wasnt useful.  Something about sharing the passion of the fans, yada, yada.  A junk answer really.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

At some point in time a below .500 team isn't going to cut it.  It may be next year or 5 years from now but at some point.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Hashtag Question!!!!!  LOL he is rattled and gave incoherent answer.

That answer was "let me just say something bland and get outta here".

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

That answer was "let me just say something bland and get outta here".

Yes was an awkward we were a couple of games from the playoffs and experienced injuries blah blah

That went about just about as we all expected:  Bruce didn't say anything of much substance, deflected, didn't appear to understand the fans' discontent.   Team is "close," only missed playoffs by two games, etc.  

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

He speaks so little, they're all over the map, trying to get stuff in, rather than follow up on obvious question marks his answers create. Glad Finlay came back to Manusky though.

This drives me nuts in pressers. Reporters are so focused on getting their own question answered that they let trash answers hang in the air as unchalleged truth rather than follow up. 

• Like 1

I called most of it in advance not that the dude isn't easy to predict.

Deflected a lot of attention to Doug.

They are really close to being very good, just short of the playoffs

Fan discontent is just all about wanting to win and passion.

Bruce says he is the right guy to lead since he shares the fans passion.

He was good at selling how the stadium will be the best in the world or so is the goal, I bet that's his rap behind the scenes with Dan.

He was vague enough about the defensive coordinator position where it was hard to tell if he meant assistants interviewing or the actual coordinators.  He seem to imply Manusky talked to Bowles but for all we know that could have been him saying bye after Bowles told Dan he is not taking the job.

The part about Manusky and Jay getting tutelage from coaches they were bringing in the building sounded weird - like he was ready for that question and that was his cover story.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fan discontent is just all about wanting to win and passion.

I was wanting somebody to stop him and say "no, no, you dont understand". They REALLY hate you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I took a few notes:

15 minutes

About 30 questions on different topics:  Alex Smith; coaching search /Manusky/ Bowles ; Reuben Foster; Stadium; Impending free agents (Crowder, etc. )

Handful about fan discontent, #firebruceallen, firing LaFemina (no comment), accountability, etc.   

• Like 1

It's weird a new stadium is even a topic of conversation in a presser after such a poor season, when it's years away and there isn't even a definitive site selected...in fact there isn't even a favorite necessarily. It's a long term project that is years away with basically no news...but it comes up in this presser? I think that's very odd, and doesn't happen with other teams unless their lease is close to up and moving the team is even remotely on the table. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 4