Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

6 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Imagine the kind of cheerleader twerk parties Dan could have on the Lady S!

Fred Smoot is that you ?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got no issue with him buying a yacht but I got no problem that some fans want to have fun and ridicule it.   I think its funny.  If Robert Kraft or Mara or most owners were shown to buy a big yacht -- fans would likely leave it alone.  And that's not because Patriot fans and Giant fans are just better people than Redskins fans.  But its about Dan's growing reputation of being detached from his consumers and being a douche -- that makes him a target when he's showcased for something like this.

I'd add some fans think Dan overcharges for items at the stadium and parking, etc.  Some accuse him of being cheap as for the team's facilities compared to the rest of the NFL and according to guys like Laconfora he's known in NFL circles about cheap about paying personnel guys.   Lately, he also seems cheap about paying coaches, too. 

Now he's asking for a state or municipality to help fund the stadium versus him privately funding it.  And selfishly as a Redskins fan i hope he gets it.  But the problem he faces is that stadium deals are questioned more these days than they have been in the past.  And they are usually attacked from the angle of this representing corporate welfare for the super rich.  And in Dan's defense I am sure he didn't intend for this to get out but it did and it doesn't help his image on this front. 

Edit

This and 100 times this in it's entirety!!   

I could careless that he bought a yacht. It's his money. I think Jerruh just bought one too (probably why Dan bought his if we are being honest). But any abuse he takes for it is on him. By his actions the last 20 yrs, he has opened himself up to this type of abuse.

As for stadiums, I will say this only in the context of Dan, I have long felt it was ridiculous that people who could care less about sports be forced to fund stadiums that they do not want. Having said that, it's not on just Dan. All sports owners do this and have been for a long time. It is considered standard. So for me this is not a Dan problem, but an overall sports issue.  

Not directed at you @Skinsinparadise  - Bust Dan for the yacht if you enjoy it. I don't really care that he bought it, but he has earned the abuse. However, I think it's a bit disingenuous to bust Dan on the stadium unless it's in the context of all sports stadiums. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

However, I think it's a bit disingenuous to bust Dan on the stadium unless it's in the context of all sports stadiums. 

More than a few cities have refused to pay for stadiums. For example San Diego hated their team owner so much I think the stadium he wanted had about 30% support or less from the taxpayers. Dan is headed in that direction right now due to his own buffoonery. The guy can clearly afford to fund it himself.

Maybe he can get St. Louis to build the one that they wanted to pay for the Rams to stay there. Then both indian teams can reside in the same state.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

@SkinsFTW

So you want us to get an expansion team???

No I'd prefer for Doofus Dan to pull his head out of his ass, realize that he has no idea how to play fantasy football, and then sell the team and spare all of us fans from being unwilling participants to his "brilliance".

Edited by SkinsFTW

Some teams keep grabbing guys from the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, etc -- but we think outside the box and keep mining the goldmine that is the Tampa Bay Bucs.  It's cool that Bruce has that Tampa pedigree. 

Goskins10 posted on another thread, he consistently had among the worst ranked STs for many years running now, last 2 years ranked 29th. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

forgot about that but yeah Russell did mention days back that he heard they are pursuing someone connected to Tampa.  though that one was easy you could probably just throw that one up in the air and likely end up right

Holly crap ! when I thought the Tampa buddies source was dried, here we go again !

250px-TheTwilightZoneLogo.png

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

I have come to the conclusion that Tampa must have some kind of blackmail material on Bruce.  He regularly goes back to that well, even when it is foul water he keeps drawing out. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ok, since Olivadotti left to GB.

I guess we're gonna hire Mark Duffner to replace him then...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hell yeah. Sign me up. 

if the Redskins move someplace I hope the NFL never plays another game in this area

12 hours ago, TheShredSkinz said:

@SkinsFTW

So you want us to get an expansion team???

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hell yeah. Sign me up. 

Sign me up too.  I'll even wait 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Losing a long time coach. Keeping the Tampa 2 step alive, with a Barry grade poorly ranked coach now on his way to DC.

Could things actually be getting worse? I didn't think it was possible. 

It would be wild to see our assistants walk and proclaim they would rather be unemployed than work here. I am sure many of us would gofundme to help out. That may be the only way to get Bruce out without waiting for the season to start and using no ticket sales to force the change.

Where's Bruce?

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

<Pic of Bruce serving beer>

That's "The Barrow Boy and Banker" near London Bridge. Nice pub, used to be a bank.

Sigh, still can't believe we only got a tie that week.

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya yukk Bruce your cheating on me with that nasty ass beer.. Guinness 🤮

Wholly **** Kirk o was with us for 16 years..sorry, with the skins

Speaking of the Yacht, that was one of the dumbest things Snyder could have done.  I know the stadium is still a number of years off, but he absolutely needed to hold off on that until the land was secured.  Now, due to him and Allens mismanagement, that makes it that much more likely no government gives them land.  What politician is going to advocate to give them a nice expensive piece of property, when his/her constituents are going to be screaming that Snyder just bought a $100 million yacht, and he could afford the land himself if he can buy himself a floating Imax theater.

This one will bite him in the butt way more than he realized, because Bruce and him live in a bubble that is about to pop.

• Like 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dan-snyders-pursuit-of-todd-bowles-gregg-williams-may-not-bode-well-for-jay-gruden-in-2020/

Washington owner Dan Snyder aggressively pursued former NFL head coaches Todd Bowles and Gregg Williams to run his defense in recent weeks, despite having yet to fire defensive coordinator Greg Manusky, with the scope of his pursuit potentially not portending well for coach Jay Gruden in 2020.

Snyder flew Bowles, an accomplished former safety with the team who was recently fired as the Jets head coach, to the Washington team facility and made a concerted attempt to convince him to take over the team's defense. While the sides did not enter into negotiations, sources said, Snyder was leading this push, not head coach Jay Gruden, and the owner made it clear he would compensate Bowles as well as any coordinator in the NFL and was also willing to alter his personnel structure within football operations if Bowles was interested

As one source with knowledge of the situation put it, "Dan put the full-court press on (Bowles). He didn't want to let him leave. He wanted to know what conditions it would take to get him to stay. If Todd had said, 'I'll only do it if I am the head coach,' I think he may have gone for it."

The presence of Bruce Allen, whose poor record running football operations as team president has become a focus of scorn in the fanbase and derision around the NFL, has been a detriment to landing coaches, though there have been rumblings about his role possibly changing to business-side only at some point. Gruden was not let go after injuries crippled Washington, limping to a 7-9 finish after a fast start. Should the team fail to make gains in 2019 -- and with starting quarterback Alex Smith in jeopardy of not playing, that is hardly out of the question -- it would not surprise many who know Snyder if he turns back to Bowles and Williams a year from now, for a coordinator position or perhaps much more.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1