Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Recommended Posts

Wholly **** we lost kotwica today?!?!.. special teams was about our only bright spot besides the defensive line... none of the players wanna be here as well...am I to late to change my prediction for the 2019 season...I truly believe it's very well possible we go 0-18.. I really REALLY want to see rumors going that the NFL is forcing Snyder to sell the team. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe all the coaches leaving is the best way to force change. Fire a few of the best, and then the worst ones bolt as well.

 

The real kicker would be when no one wants to be their replacements.   Dan still remembers how to get things done. #BackUpTheBrinks!

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, I took a moment to look up the Rams history, and its moments like that you realize how bad Allen must have been to ever let McVay leave the building.  The Rams went from worst offense in the league, to best offense in the league in literally just 1 season.  Thats incredible.  This year they took a step back and are only 2nd in yards and 2nd in points due to KC and Mahomes.  McVay may end up being Bellichick 2.0, and Allen couldnt see it.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^how da **** you the math for 0-18? In a 16 season game? The league better not force us to play two more games 😂😂

 

It's really very simple.. In a unified effort of apetgy Every team in the NFL forfeits every game therfore everyone finishes the regular season 0-16... Because we have Dan and Bruce still in the FO we get extra negative points for REALLY not trying to win so win the apethy stakes for the division even without turning up... And progress to the next round... Mostly out of sympathy - When we get to the home division game both teams forfit but again we forfit extra hard because not only is the stadium empty FedEx field itself does itself and the painted dirt field is judged not to have turned up... - but on top of that we also know the new promised stadium.... Is never going to be a thing... So again moving on We then get to the superbowl and loose... Bucasuse duuuh... There ya go 0 - 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody needs to get to Snyder, badly. He just doesn't realize how detrimental a figure the current team president is for this organization. Poison ivy. Lombardi's observation/criticism about their time together in Oakland says a lot, but that's not anything that most of us didn't already know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^how da **** you the math for 0-18? In a 16 season game? The league better not force us to play two more games 😂😂

hqdefault.jpg

8 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wholly **** we lost kotwica today?!?!.. special teams was about our only bright spot besides the defensive line... none of the players wanna be here as well...am I to late to change my prediction for the 2019 season...I truly believe it's very well possible we go 0-18.. I really REALLY want to see rumors going that the NFL is forcing Snyder to sell the team. 

 

 

 

Any incompetents leftovers from the Tampa Buddies Ring ?

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

 

It's really very simple.. In a unified effort of apetgy Every team in the NFL forfeits every game therfore everyone finishes the regular season 0-16... Because we have Dan and Bruce still in the FO we get extra negative points for REALLY not trying to win so win the apethy stakes for the division even without turning up... And progress to the next round... Mostly out of sympathy - When we get to the home division game both teams forfit but again we forfit extra hard because not only is the stadium empty FedEx field itself does itself and the painted dirt field is judged not to have turned up... - but on top of that we also know the new promised stadium.... Is never going to be a thing... So again moving on We then get to the superbowl and loose... Bucasuse duuuh... There ya go 0 - 18

Bingo!!?.. c'mon cooleyfan ya need to catch up lol ya I know it's a 16 game season with 4 pre season games .. just throw in those two extra losses because.. well we're the Redskins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Dan Selling the team.

2. Hiring a "football guy" and "getting the hell out of the way"

3. Firing Bruce Allen

 

We will not see any of these before 2025. Even then, it will be Allen fired, and replaced with another inept buffoon.

 

We are stuck with Dan Snyder for the next 20-30 years.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody sees Dan Snyder In public there?.. how can we get a thousand people to approach him and to let him know how ****ty of a job he's doing..I know the whole doing things personally is completely out the window these days.. but that could possibly work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

1. Dan Selling the team.

2. Hiring a "football guy" and "getting the hell out of the way"

3. Firing Bruce Allen

 

We will not see any of these before 2025. Even then, it will be Allen fired, and replaced with another inept buffoon.

 

We are stuck with Dan Snyder for the next 20-30 years.

 

If you're willing to endure another 20-30 years of this, you deserve it.

 

Not me, brother. I'm giving this circus another 3 years max to turn things around before I'm out and become just a "football fan."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stan Van Gundy on the Redskins on The Dan LeBatard Show:

 

”They’re not one year away, they’re not two years away... they’re away.”

 

very sage for an NBA guy :ols:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

If you're willing to endure another 20-30 years of this, you deserve it.

 

Not me, brother. I'm giving this circus another 3 years max to turn things around before I'm out and become just a "football fan."

 

I'm three years ahead of you. I am looking at the Browns and excited to see if they can get out of the doldrums they've been in. Pulling for McVay hard.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

I'm three years ahead of you. I am looking at the Browns and excited to see if they can get out of the doldrums they've been in. Pulling for McVay hard.

 

Riggo, I am so in this camp. Also pulling for McVay.

 

I think the Browns could become my team if Snyder doesn't either sell or turn this ship around in 5 or so years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

I'm three years ahead of you. I am looking at the Browns and excited to see if they can get out of the doldrums they've been in. Pulling for McVay hard.

I, too, am headed in this direction. It sucks, been a Skins fan for 45+ years.  I am having trouble accepting this attitude that the FO is doing everything right and it’s just bad luck we continue to suck ass every year. 

 

Its hard to believe that Dan Snyder is this ****ing stupid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 4:03 PM, RWJ said:

 ...Snyder owned a communications company before selling and buying a majority of the Redskins yet he can't communicate to his fanbase.  Again, sickening and sad.  Childish, I might add.  Sorry SIP not aiming the frustration at you but the tweet above.  :) 

I think you’re onto something. Maybe Snyder could replace jerseys, tickets, SWAG, etc. of fans of other teams without their permission. Wut? Wut? It worked with long distance service so why not the Skins?

 

On 1/7/2019 at 6:35 PM, skins island connection said:

...Snyder HAD to have done some research into Bruce's past affiliations with other NFL organizations and saw how that turned out, so my only conclusion is he was hired as a two-fold perspective; past GM / president operations and nostalgic hire.  Don't get me wrong, if he were on fire I'd give him some urine in a stream-type flow, but that's just my personal feelings on Allen.

I bet Snyder’s Redskins belt buckle got all tingly as soon as he heard the name.

 

7 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I, too, am headed in this direction. It sucks, been a Skins fan for 45+ years.  I am having trouble accepting this attitude that the FO is doing everything right and it’s just bad luck we continue to suck ass every year. 

 

Its hard to believe that Dan Snyder is this ****ing stupid. 

No, it’s really not!😂😂😂

Edited by The Sisko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

I'm three years ahead of you. I am looking at the Browns and excited to see if they can get out of the doldrums they've been in. Pulling for McVay hard.

I'm not there, but I completely understand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Its hard to believe that Dan Snyder is this ****ing stupid. 

 

He is. Look at all of his other ventures (Johnny Rockets, Six Flags). 

 

He's a total failure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Its hard to believe that Dan Snyder is this ****ing stupid. 

No he is

einstein-insanity.jpg

Ego-Knowledge-ygoel.com_.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

 

He is. Look at all of his other ventures (Johnny Rockets, Six Flags). 

 

He's a total failure.

 

Even Snyder Communications was shady as hell. He was fine 3.1m for arbitrarily switching customers phone providers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

 

Riggo, I am so in this camp. Also pulling for McVay.

 

I think the Browns could become my team if Snyder doesn't either sell or turn this ship around in 5 or so years. 

I can't switch teams.  Not in my DNA.  I will just simply continue to check out further and further.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kwitt said:

I can't switch teams.  Not in my DNA.  I will just simply continue to check out further and further.

 

I won't ever love any team the way love(d) the Skins. In that way, I agree with you. 

 

But I do think I'll be able to "adopt" another team if the decision is to forgo NFL altogether vs find another team to at least root for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Redskins should just tank next year

 

The Redskins are stalling.

 

They can’t make a big change at quarterback in the offseason. No marquee coach will come to this sinking franchise. And owner Dan Snyder seems unwilling to change his nearly 20-year mismanagement of the front office.

 

So how will the team regain its rapidly shrinking fan base without some new shiny object to wave over the offseason? By pretending two straight 7-9 seasons were bad luck because of massive injuries.

Continue acting like nothing’s wrong. Don’t show humility or willingness to change. Stay with coach Jay Gruden another season and, in 2020, make an all-in move to reboot the franchise, complete with a new stadium announcement.

 

It just might work.

 

Admittedly, the Redskins are indeed amid some bad luck — and poor timing. With the probable loss of injured quarterback Alex Smith, they need to once more reinvest in a franchise QB. Unfortunately, they owe Smith $31 million over the next two years, so there’s no room under the salary cap for even a modest free-agent passer like Joe Flacco. With the 15th overall draft pick, they can’t get a big-name rookie in a poor year for quarterbacks.

 

Without a new passer, there’s no need to change coaches. And without changing coaches, there’s no urgency to move team president Bruce Allen. There’s no sense changing one of the three critical pieces — quarterback, head coach and team president — this season if massive moves need to be made next year. Better to be in sync and let a new general manager pick his coach, who will select this quarterback. The Redskins can’t get the passer they need this year, so the other two spots should wait, too.

 

Wasting another year is a dangerous gamble. It could push even hardcore supporters to the brink. The Redskins have lost their grip on local fans for the first time since Vince Lombardi’s 1969 arrival. The public no longer trusts Snyder and Allen to move the team in a positive direction. They’re ambivalent at best on Gruden. If he goes 4-12 this fall, pitchforks and torches will line the road to Redskins Park.

 

Rather, a “Tank for Tua” campaign is the only way the Redskins can regroup. Snyder will finally be forced to move on from Allen, fire Gruden and get a top quarterback like Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa to energize fans. And right on cue, horns will blare, announcing a new stadium location.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/2019/01/10/redskins-should-just-tank-next-year/?utm_term=.213e3f26959c

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now