Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That could be it.  But whatever it is, the dude these days is mostly cheap across the board.   I still sometimes hear people say at least the dude is willing to throw his money at problems.  That's not the case though anymore.

I hear you. If there was ever a reason to defend Snyder, it was either that he was willing to spend or that he wanted to win at all costs. 

Now, it's apparent that isn't even true. 

Absolutely no redeeming value as an owner. At all.

13 minutes ago, wit33 said:

@Skinsinparadise

Tough times being a beat guy for Skins. No one has any idea what’s going on behind the scenes and guess work is the result. I get it as Bruce related topics is only thing click worthy for the fan at this stage. 

Yeah because Dan is really closed off.  Bruce almost as closed off, too.  So I'd gather from a beat reporter stand point they can just ask their usual sources at the FO about what they are hearing.  However, Bruce and Dan obviously know the closer they keep things to the vest the less likely it comes out.  But yeah it's clear that 106.7 and WP are getting different stories from their sources.  106.7 is hearing status quo.  WP is hearing Bruce is being reassigned -- connecting the dots seems like WP is getting their narrative from agents and people outside the team.  106.7 guys are getting it from scuttlebutt from their sources within the FO.  Neither group of sources saying they know for sure. 

9 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I hear you. If there was ever a reason to defend Snyder, it was either that he was willing to spend or that he wanted to win at all costs. 

Now, it's apparent that isn't even true. 

Absolutely no redeeming value as an owner. At all.

Yeah actually some like Standig and Sheehan are having fun with the concept by saying hey at least when Dan's version of incompetence was splashing money -- that was fun.  This version of incompetence is boring.  But old school Dan would splash money to get his man.  This version of it seems to be the opposite. 

The old version would leave vanilla ice cream at Nolan's doorstep for being a "meh" defensive coordinator.  The new version of Dan would keep a maligned defensive coordinator -- nonsexy as it gets as a coordinator -- in Jim Haslett because he doesn't want to eat his salary for a year.

Is this Dan going a 180 because of being cash poor or this being Bruce's influence?  I don't know.  I suspect a little of both and a heavier part of this is Bruce because Bruce's pride and joy according to some is his frugality.

But yeah the Dan just wants to win and is willing to spend whatever it takes to do it -- I used to buy into it to a degree but just thought the dude is incompetent so its not going to happen.  But the willing to spend whatever it takes to win -- that's nonsense IMO because its an outdated version of him

So I guess this is it, huh? Last bastion of crazy and incompetent... Just wall yourself off from everyone and everything. Your beat reporters and general media that report on the team should not be left holding theircollective dicks to this degree. Total non communication is a clear sign that on top of just overall bad at everything, they no longer give a **** about trying to come off even remotely concerned about what anyone of us thinks. 

I have no idea how they're gonna deal with this come training camp with all the stuff they've pulled, but I also reckon it's not hard to get a few thousand dopes to show up and be all cheery and thankful and kool-aidish 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Kotwica gone is a low blow. 

Hey guys, did you know the Skins are going to have a great festival? And let’s not forget the Draft Day party. These parties are to celebrate us! Join us! HTTR

Yeah, great, so we basically lost the only one of the 3 coordinators that was doing a good job.  Always the sign of a disfunctional organization, the good talent leaves because it cant stand how things are run, and the bad talent stays in charge of the place.

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Yeah, great, so we basically lost the only one of the 3 coordinators that was doing a good job.  Always the sign of a disfunctional organization, the good talent leaves because it cant stand how things are run, and the bad talent stays in charge of the place.

But have we told you about the Draft Day party?

24 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Man, next year is going to make 2009 look like a tea party...

Assuming we do the usual, meaning sign bargain bin FA's that do next to nothing, draft players that get injured, while team gets injured, and Smith doesn't play at all (and this team totally does nothing but Baghdad Bob us with the QB stuff, and signs or drafts no one), they might win one game. One. 

So yeah, despite all we've endured for 20 years, 2019 may be the biggest whopper out of all of them.

30 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Man, next year is going to make 2009 look like a tea party...

Unless they have some really juicy thing going on behind the scenes, 2019 seems to be the crash and burn season.   Rick Snider who has covered this team forever, and wrote books about its history, etc went the other day that this is the team's lowest point as for its reputation with Redskins fans rivaling 1969 (I think he said that year) right before Lombardi came.

If you buy into what the beat guys are hearing -- the feeling in that building was 2018 was a bad luck fluky thing, they were poised to have a great year.  And us fans could whine all we want but we don't understand what they do which is this team is going to kill it next year.  They don't buy the we got no Qb narrative because they think Colt is a good QB.

I think they are dead wrong.  Will see.  I am hoping for a Tank for Tua season and love the start they are off to on that front.   Right now I could feel the 4-12.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Assuming we do the usual, meaning sign bargain bin FA's that do next to nothing, draft players that get injured, while team gets injured, and Smith doesn't play at all (and this team totally does nothing but Baghdad Bob us with the QB stuff, and signs or drafts no one), they might win one game. One. 

So yeah, despite all we've endured for 20 years, 2019 may be the biggest whopper out of all of them.

I hope so.  Bruce then out.  Dan gets embarrassed.  They land who I think is a franchise QB.  New Start.  If Dan sells better yet but doubt it. 

20 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Maybe we are simply tanking for the next two years so we can get the Clemson QB. 

I’d prefer that to whatever “plan” Danny and Bruce are cooking up as they suck down Coors Lights and stroke each other’s ego.

I dont see how confident anyone can can be with Dan Snyder in control of this team, I'm sorry. We've hired the hotshot college coach. We've had other uber talented coaches and execs. We brought back the legendary coach,. We've drafted generational talents. We've signed generational talents. We've done everything a team can possibly do.... Except watch the owner get his **** in order.

Until then, he is an infection that will compromise anything remotely good that will grace this franchise.

I’m honestly at my wits end! I’ve been a huge fan since the 1970 season I was 9 both older brothers Cowboys fans easiest way to be a pain in the a**!  The easy way out would be to just quit caring but I know I can’t! Dan for the love of god get rid of everyone especially Bruce. Lure Gibbs back to hire an setup the organization and stay the heck out of the way!

I’m honestly at my wits end! I’ve been a huge fan since the 1970 season I was 9 both older brothers Cowboys fans easiest way to be a pain in the a**!  The easy way out would be to just quit caring but I know I can’t! Dan for the love of god get rid of everyone especially Bruce. Lure Gibbs back to hire an setup the organization and stay the heck out of the way!

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dont see how confident anyone can can be with Dan Snyder in control of this team, I'm sorry. We've hired the hotshot college coach. We've had other uber talented coaches and execs. We brought back the legendary coach,. We've drafted generational talents. We've signed generational talents. We've done everything a team can possibly do.... Except watch the owner get his **** in order.

Until then, he is an infection that will compromise anything remotely good that will grace this franchise.

This sums it up..I'm thinking this just might help matters if Callahan and tomsula jettison and we get reports that they did leave because of being fed up with the way things are ran it could possibly pit b Allen and Snyder against each other...lol

Archived