Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Finlay on the air right now, 106.7, for anyone interested.  I think he's on for another 30 minutes until 6:30.  He doubled down on the repeated we did it wrong before line before saying we are now doing it right -- he suggested bothered people a lot (sounds like Bruce).  The Foster thing wasn't the be all and end all, but it added to the friction.  

The thing is on Foster.  If the WP is right and that it was Bruce's baby and some others in the building disagreeing with him -- then Lafemina calling it out as a bad move might make Bruce go a bit nuts because the team was already raked through the coals from the local and national media.  I'd guess Bruce would tell Dan that they'd be vindicated at the end so anyone who internally is bringing up the bad news of what the move meant with ticket holders and fans would set Bruce off.

BR does have its latest article regarding attendance this year in the NFL:

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/LongFormArticle/Ranking-NFL-teams-by-2018-attendance-through-Week-16-122086639/#122086639_4

That's the part for Redskins. Standing at 29! (which is going down on a weekly basis).

Home Total: 425,039

Home Average: 60,719

Home Capacity Percentage: 74.0

Away Total: 554,940

Away Average: 63,055

This is not good. And that is on Bruce.

We're just 20k over the Bengals that are ranked 30th right now.

I would strongly suggest everyone to not go to the game on sunday, so we can finish 30th in attendance at home...

Still, don't worry, we're already last when it comes to Home Stadium % with 74%.

Maybe Dan and Bruce didn't like Brian LaFemina's transparency and honesty, but at least he wasn't blind about the current state of the team. Opposite to them.

Bruce Allen is a snake, and for years the small majority on this forum have been baffled by the surprisingly large minorities obsession with defending him, supporting him, and generally believing him to be a good manager.  I guess it just goes to show you how completely irrational people can be even in the face of overwhelming and undeniable facts.  

When you think about it Bruce Allen supporters on this forum are then, in essence, close family of Dan Snyder, who we also cant figure out why he irrational still drives his franchise into the ground despite how obvious it is to the rest of the world.  Look at where your support has gotten us now...

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Am thinking though of ways to show my dissatisfaction in a big way to Dan.

If you got ideas that can be done overseas, let me know!

I wondered about giving up BHRBN, but Dan wouldn't care and you would be the ones suffering from it. So no.

Anyway, I think Dan doesn't care about some tsupid french guy's feelings...

10 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Bring 👏🏼 back 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 fan 👏🏼 card

I don't want the fan card back. I want an empty stadium. That, and that alone, will make Snyder look long and hard at what his options are to get his money's worth. If he knows that people won't spend the money to fund his team, he'll HAVE to do something.

I respect the people that are lifers for the team and turn up no matter what, but I will be disappointed if they continue to put their money to the team. If they want to make the team better, they're going to have to stand up.

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I don't want the fan card back. I want an empty stadium. That, and that alone, will make Snyder look long and hard at what his options are to get his money's worth. If he knows that people won't spend the money to fund his team, he'll HAVE to do something.

I respect the people that are lifers for the team and turn up no matter what, but I will be disappointed if they continue to put their money to the team. If they want to make the team better, they're going to have to stand up.

Unfortunately it all means nothing because the TV contract is where the real money is.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Unfortunately it all means nothing because the TV contract is where the real money is.

To some extent, yes. But empty stadiums are unacceptable, no matter how much money comes in from TV networks. I don't think even Snyder could stomach showcasing a team in a stadium with NO fans attending. Imagine a Dallas game in Washington, and the only stands filled are colored blue.  Snyder wouldn't stand for it, it would be too humiliating.

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

To some extent, yes. But empty stadiums are unacceptable, no matter how much money comes in from TV networks. I don't think even Snyder could stomach showcasing a team in a stadium with NO fans attending. Imagine a Dallas game in Washington, and the only stands filled are colored blue.  Snyder wouldn't stand for it, it would be too humiliating.

A Cowboys fan's money is just as green. As long as someone is buying the overpriced beer and parking, I doubt Snyder cares. No one who was concerned about humiliation would employ people like Allen or Cerrato for such long periods. 

The NFL won't do anything unless there's a #metoo situation. They let Bill Bidwell make a mess of the Cardinals for 40+ years. 

Listening to Russell now who typically is pretty plugged into FO gossip. Saying:

A.  Bruce saw Lafemina as a threat, wanted him gone, pushed Dan to do it.  The kicker was they got wind that Lafemina might be leaving because he was putting out feelers.  Dan pissed off about it wanted to fire him before he quit.  

Some other things:

B.  Didn't like that he was singling out that the past was a problem because in their mind it wasn't a problem

C.  didn't like their spending extra money on ways to generate more fan enthusiasm that they didn't think yielded enough results -- am guessing with that they mean the additions to the game intro, the fan thing they added where fans can stay after games, giving away tickets, etc. 

D. Didn't like his chummy relationship with the media

E.  Wanted more instant results as for fans turning up to the games -- they didn't buy into it takes time drill to rebuild fan interest in going to games 

He got into other things including Bruce's hate for the media and especially for 106.7 is at its highmost because of the winning off the field press conference and he hates the Garnt-Danny winning off the field segment with an angry passion -- it drives him nuts.  If so that's funny.

firebruceallen still trending nationally on twitter

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Russell now who typically is pretty plugged into FO gossip. Saying:

A.  Bruce saw Lafemina as a threat, wanted him gone, pushed Dan to do it.  The kicker was they got wind that Lafemina might be leaving because he was putting out feelers.  Dan pissed off about it wanted to fire him before he quit.  

Some other things:

B.  Didn't like that he was singling out that the past was a problem because in their mind it wasn't a problem

C.  didn't like their spending extra money on ways to generate more enthusiasm fan enthusiasm that they didn't think yielded results -- am guessing with that they mean the game intro, the fan thing they added where fans can stay after games, etc. 

D. Didn't like his chummy relationship with the media

E.  Wanted more instant results as for fans turning up to the games -- they didn't buy into it takes time drill to rebuild fan interest in going to games 

He got into other things including Bruce's hate for the media and especially for 106.7 is at its high most because of the winning off the field press conference and he hates the Garnt-Danny winning off the field segment with a passion -- it drives him nuts.  If so that's funny.

firebruceallen still trending nationally on twitter

Sounds just like the guy in the white house. Literally exactly the same.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

to add insult to injury, Russell who called the Scot departure and Doug hire first -- said a little while ago he was told on Sunday that Bruce is coming back.

Not really?  Fans wouldn't be calling for his head if they thought Snyder was going to do it without encouragement

Marvel on Sunday afternoons is becoming more and more of a thing. 

I just really care at an absolute low right now. I had no reaction when we cut DJ. I have no reaction now. I probably won't care about the draft too much. 

I try to have faith, but I'm realizing that just like with the Wizards it took more than Arenas to right the ship, until we signed him, it was just a bad team that i cared little about day to day. 

I can see the overall philosophy of the team and its still bad. Draft picks are good but a philosophy of egos, which I've doubted but now it's clearly on display, it's just not a good environment. I couldn't work for that and i can't defend that. 

I still root on Sundays but i know that we don't have a winning formula so it makes the games more predictable, unless you get a rare talent who can change an organization. So this is more like watching Days of Our Lives than anything else. Who gets fired /cut/signed /arrested /in a fight /locker room dispute / etc today? And how do they respond. 

Are we the new cubs, or ND football, GT basketball?

Wife is saying to be a Ravens fan, but I'm going to just turn to my book and collection and try to forget this sport exists for a while

Archived