Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

I'd be interested to see a fan poll with the title, "Are you happy with the job that Bruce Allen has done with the Washington Redskins?"

And then have it sent to the Redskins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'd be interested to see a fan poll with the title, "Are you happy with the job that Bruce Allen has done with the Washington Redskins?"

And then have it sent to the Redskins.

Well, for my own practical purposes, I'd also be intrigued with the question of how fans would feel if no change took place. Its an NFL team with an active roster and injuries and stuff so we're going to see changes there, but if the elites of Snyder, Bruce, Doug, Smith, Schaffer, Gruden, Manusky all stay in place, how would fans feel there?

I can honestly say that I wouldn't be too motivated, but being the person that I am I wouldn't be too upset either. But I'd probably be doing like I am now - I'd be reading more books, commenting on here less (i.e. caring less about football), and the funny thing is that I'd be playing with my son more but those talks would probably be less and less about the Redskins. I'm trying to raise him as a Redskins fan and he gets excited when he sees me excited and we score a TD or have a big play, but I don't let the team get me down any more so when we're going through what Al Galdi and Chris Cooley talked about a bad movie sequel where we know the ending already and we just walk out, thats kinda how it is now. Its like I want my kid to like Batman but if every Batman movie that came out from now on was Batman and Robin with Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze, then we're not going to those movies and he may say "I like Iron Man more than Batman". Crushing blow to my comic universe, but I'd blame DC for putting out bad movies. 

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Its seeming like a battle between National Harbor and RFK. I'll be honest. I prefer National Harbor. RFK is doing too much of what Snyder does - hang on to old things he had no part of. He needs to be doing soemthing new. The Harbor is right off 295, 495 and 95. Its at the mix of MD, VA and DC, there's already an ecosystem there so it wouldn't be like the current stadium in trying to make an area a target. Problem is the metro access, but they've got to have some possibilities there right?

When I fly up to Redskins games typically I stay in the National Harbor area and have relatives in Alexandria so it would work for me personally.  Czaban and Sheehan seem to think its a disaster site and the stadium should be in DC or bust.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There is so much wrong with this.  I cannot comprehend the level of willful ignorance it requires to pin this level of apathy on watching backup quarterbacks play.  Sounds like we’re right back to where we were again, where these guys truly believe they’ve put together a winner and unluckily have an injury problem again.  Sadly, I see a scenario where everyone in the building convinces Dan of this.  Dan needs to personally view twitter, this forum and the like, and all forms of social media to confirm what his stadium is already telling him.  There is more to it than just not wanting to watch Butt fumble live in action.  They didn’t want to watch you when you were at your very best.  Get a freaking clue!

Been listening to lots of people this week who cover the team most of whom have tapped into their sources about what Dan's thinking.   The challenge is Dan doesn't talk to too many people so it seems like they are all relying to second hand sources.   If I had to sum them all its something like this:

A.  Dan wasn't going to make a move on Bruce or Jay but the Giants game has opened things up.

B.  The last three games will be an X factor

C.  If the season ends poorly changes likely happen if it doesn't end poorly things will likely stay the same

D.  Dan is insulated and the spin he gets about things mostly comes from Bruce and Jay

As for whether Bruce is gone at the end of the season.  Seems like more think he's gone than not if the season ends up poorly but some think he will survive even that.  Seems like most but not all think Bruce and Jay survive if the season does end well.

As for the idea that Dan buys the spin about fan dissatisfaction being purely about them not winning -- If so that spin is probably served to him by Bruce himself.  He'd be the dude who would want to say hey Dan fans always scapegoat the GM and or coach when you have a bad season.  But heck you know we were 6-3 at one point, we had it all cooking well but the injury bug kicked in and everything went south.  And as for fan apathy earlier in the season, that was about our stadium, but don't you worry that will be fixed once we finally land a new one.

The most pessimistic of all the reporters has been Brewer who said he heard more potential buzz of Bruce being trouble last year than this year.  The most optimistic being Russell who thinks they are grooming Kyle Smith for the GM spot and Dan is indeed frustrated by Bruce but is hoping that he doesn't leave in infamy and in turn besmirch the Allen name so is concerned about the exit and how that comes across.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for the idea that Dan buys the spin about fan dissatisfaction being purely about them not winning -- If so that spin is probably served to him by Bruce himself.  He'd be the dude who would want to say hey Dan fans always scapegoat the GM and or coach when you have a bad season.  But heck you know we were 6-3 at one point, we had it all cooking well but the injury bug kicked in and everything went south.  And as for fan apathy earlier in the season, that was about our stadium, but don't you worry that will be fixed once we finally land a new one.

Ayup, this is about how it will go.  The horrible Alex Smith contract will be handwaved away thanks to his broken leg.  That fools most fans, so it will surely fool Dan.

Edited by Tsailand
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Anything less than both Allen and Gruden being fired, and I wont watch a single game next season.  And I think I am probably close to the majority on that, despite how extreme we would have all viewed it 2 years ago.

• Like 1

Sheehan has really been hammering this topic in his recent podcasts, in the last one he goes that he and others in the media know other stories that haven't gone public that make the FO look even worse.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan has really been hammering this topic in his recent podcasts, in the last one he goes that he and others in the media know other stories that haven't gone public that make the FO look even worse.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan is indeed frustrated by Bruce but is hoping that he doesn't leave in infamy and in turn besmirch the Allen name so is concerned about the exit and how that comes across.

There is nothing Bruce can do. He has forever besmirched the Allen name.  I still don't see who's going to be stupid enough to build Dan a new stadium. They are more likely to tell him to **** off and relocate to London than spend tax dollars on his losing franchise.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

**** off and relocate to London

That would end my Redskins fandom. 

Edited by Tsailand

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They are more likely to tell him to **** off and relocate to London than spend tax dollars on his losing franchise.

The London Redskins?  Why would Londoners want an NFL franchise much less Dan Snyder's team?  

I can't believe they are willing to play chicken with the fan base in regards to Allen not being fired..This could potentially end up real bad for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting stuff to discuss our FO and TP, but according to this article from 247 Sports:

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/LongFormArticle/Ranking-NFL-teams-by-2018-attendance-through-Week-14-122086639/

Redskins are dead last in Home Capacity Percentage with 74%

Closest team are the Rams at 76 then the Bengals at 78%. Almost everyone else is above 90% and many are close to 100% or even a tad more.

Our total of 425 039 through 14 games put us at the 18th position in raw numbers throughout the league and a home average of 60 719.

Overall that's not great numbers at all, and those falls in BA's hand, and only him.

• Like 2