Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

3 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Snyder will never let anyone with that type of my way or the highway attitude run the team because it would take away all of his fun.

It's not gonna happen.

I can dream...

I can almost envision Allen right now, selling Snyder the idea that the team is intentionally tanking, and that it was his idea ! He's already found a way to wiggle out of this dumpster fire, like a snake covered in oil squirming through a pipe.

45 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I can dream...

I can almost envision Allen right now, selling Snyder the idea that the team is intentionally tanking, and that it was his idea ! He's already found a way to wiggle out of this dumpster fire, like a snake covered in oil squirming through a pipe.

The guy is covered with slime, Im pretty sure thats why he always glistens under press conference lights.  It genuinely concerns me the people who cant see that, because I shudder to think who they believe and dis-believe in their daily life.

I think Dan would fire Bruce only if he can  get a high profile HC that can also be the face of the team.  We have competent people outside of Bruce that can handle his duties: Eric Schaeffer can do the contracts,  Kyle Smith can handle the drafts (pedigree from his dad as a GM) and oversee pro free agency.  I think it would take a HC that Dan can trot out there like he did Gibbs but the problem is he would go too far back as a retread like Bill Cowher.   While Tomlin might be better suited for the mentality of players today.   To me if it takes a Cowher to get rid of Bruce then i'm all for it.   

I would take Cowher in a heartbeat but we will not get him.  Do not want Tomlin.   Do we want an offensive head coach or a defensive head coach?

We have so many problems that an established Head Coach will not be willing to come here.   On 980 radio this morning Sheehan mentioned

maybe we could get Greg Williams from the Jets.   Williams would definitely clean out the dead weight on this team and set higher expectations for

good performance.  But will our owner swallow his pride and offer him the job??

As we've seen regularly this season, Alex Smith in the box with either Dan, Bruce or both.

I get the impression he's been brainwashed by Dan and Bruce.  I'm sure he doesn't get tired of hearing them tell him how much they believe in him and know how swell everything would be if not for his unfortunate injury.  It's the only logical reason I can come up with for why a guy like Alex would choose to hang with these dudes.  Perhaps it's hard to say no and for the type of money this team is paying him, the least he can do is show up to the stadium and watch with the guys stroking his paycheck.  

I think we're approaching a countdown against time now. 

If Bruce makes it to the offseason, I see it as a very small chance Dan is going to let him go, knowing an exhaustive coaching search needs to be done. 

Best case in my mind, since Dan's so obsessed about the new stadium, is Bruce is removed from football ops, and no one within that structure reports to him.  

Hypothetical Bruce Allen press conference:

"Head coach? Why would we need to hire a head coach? We already have one. His name is Matt...or is it Bob...Callahan? He took the Texans to the Super Bowl in 2001. They might have even won, heck I don't know. That means he's right up there with Redskins legends like Vance Limbordi, Jack Gibbs, my pops George Allen, and The Shanahai.

"We don't need a new coach because we're THISCLOSE. If we were to change horses in midstream now, it will jeopardize the significant progress that we've seen Wayne Baskins make over the last two weeks. We know he is a much better QB talent than Cane Keesum or Dr. McCoy.

"Can someone get me another Coors Light please?"

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As we've seen regularly this season, Alex Smith in the box with either Dan, Bruce or both.

I get the impression he's been brainwashed by Dan and Bruce.  I'm sure he doesn't get tired of hearing them tell him how much they believe in him and know how swell everything would be if not for his unfortunate injury.  It's the only logical reason I can come up with for why a guy like Alex would choose to hang with these dudes.  Perhaps it's hard to say no and for the type of money this team is paying him, the least he can do is show up to the stadium and watch with the guys stroking his paycheck.  

Alex is our new gm, head coach and will be starting qb.

giphy.gif

At this point.... who knows... we the fans should just show up with a series of moving trucks in the middle of the night... pack the team up and send them to St Louis or some other town that wants a team, perhaps stick them on a cargo ship out of Baltimore headed for London.  I'm honestly to the point I'd rather have no team in DC than the Redskins.

Sheehan hinting now for a couple of days that he's hearing Bruce is out after this season.  Finlay concurred but didn't say it was sourced.  Sheehan also says he knows his media friends disagree with him.  I listened to Mike Jones recently who says he hears Bruce is entrenched still.

Will see, good test of Sheehan's source whoever that is.   

He thinks someone internally is promoted.  They hire a big name as a HC with that HC having some personnel control but that part he was just speculating. 

And yeah I do think Bruce leaving is far from the be all and end all. 

But for my taste, Dan is hitting lows that I couldn't even imagine before (and I've been a critic of the dude for a long time with a brief interlude during the Shanny-RG3 years) which is that he'd be willing to take an obvious PR hit on the chin with his fan base.  For all his faults in his younger years, he at least had some instinct for when he was in trouble with his fan base -- now his response was just about always misguided save for a move or two like bringing back Gibbs. 

The current Dan isn't just incompetent and lacks class but is also comes off perfectly clueless as to seeing fan unrest.  He's like the Titanic captain and pushing full steam ahead right at the iceberg.   The old Dan IMO would at least swerve away at the last minute but then ultimately hit another ice berg.  This version of Dan doesn't swerve.   Both versions stink but this version to me is even more pathetic -- since the old version would at least attempt something.  

If Bruce is gone, I'll be interested to see how it's done. 

Will he resign/retire?  Or will he get fired?  I can see it painted in a way that he's retiring but will stay on in some role with the stadium for Dan.  I just can't see Dan making a statement and firing his boy.  While Bruce does deserve to be fired, I'll take his ouster any way I can get it.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:35 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Oh no Alex has been brainwashed by the big mean owner and his pal! You sound ridiculous.

Archived