Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

7 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Well, I hope SkinsPassion4Life, I mean @NYCSKINS83, got his Ownership/TP defending in while he could. 

This is his second duplicate account after he got perma-banned originally.

These types, ladies and gentlemen, are the types who defend Dan and Bruce. Think about your life choices and who you want to associate yourself with the next time you decide to do such a thing. 😛 

Really ?  hmmm, I wasn't aware of the ban/dup acct stuff.

it actually crossed my mind that this person could have been either a relative of Allen's or maybe Danny Boy scooted a chair up to a computer to stand on and typed out his feelings { of course with Allen's finger in a certain orifice manipulating Danny's thoughts }... 

I really think one huge hurdle in getting Bruce Allen fired is Kirk and the Vikings actually making the playoffs and making a run.  I think if they go deep into the playoffs that might help in Snyder waking up and realizing that Allen really screwed up by not signing him long term (or trading him in 2017).  

And that's really been my main motivation for rooting for Kirk since he's left.  No he is not a hall of famer, but he was the best QB on this team in my lifetime.  And his success will burn Snyder/Allen.  I'm confused why so many Skins fans have a seething hatred for him.

7 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I really think one huge hurdle in getting Bruce Allen fired is Kirk and the Vikings actually making the playoffs and making a run.  I think if they go deep into the playoffs that might help in Snyder waking up and realizing that Allen really screwed up by not signing him long term (or trading him in 2017).  

If that needs to happen, am all for it.  I am all for anything that gets Bruce out.  Yeah last year Kirk didn't cooperate on that front.   This year so far the Vikings look good, as does Kirk, so I think it's possible.  He needs to get over the hump and win late in the season and man that is one tough division. 

GMF who typically are positive but beating up the Redskins this morning for being a very bad team -- is pretty interesting.   It was one of the only shows before the season that propped the team up even though most of the rest of the national media said we'd stink. 

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If that needs to happen, am all for it.  I am all for anything that gets Bruce out.  Yeah last year Kirk didn't cooperate on that front.   This year so far the Vikings look good, as does Kirk, so I think it's possible.  He needs to get over the hump and win late in the season and man that is one tough division. 

GMF who typically are positive but beating up the Redskins this morning for being a very bad team -- is pretty interesting.   It was one of the only shows before the season that propped the team up even though most of the rest of the national media said we'd stink. 

That guy is a moron.  No way the Skins beat the Lions.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching GMF today, I hope Bruce-Dan are watching because they'd likely be seething.  The theme thus far is how good the Vikings are, how good Kirk has been and how bad the Redskins are.  Saying Kirk needs to beat a really bad Redskins team otherwise it would be a bad look. 

I never really bought into Kirk when he was here, but I'm rooting for him today.

If he lights it up, no doubt we will see his 2019 edition of "you like that, you like that" :headbang:

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

And that's really been my main motivation for rooting for Kirk since he's left.  No he is not a hall of famer, but he was the best QB on this team in my lifetime.  And his success will burn Snyder/Allen.  I'm confused why so many Skins fans have a seething hatred for him.

I used to believe that, but I don't any longer.  I'm convinced that Bruce is here for as long as he wishes based on his relationship with Snyder.  I don't even think it's as easy as once he secures a stadium, he'll be let go.  I truly believe that both Snyder and Bruce have this bunker mentality, where they believe all the vitriol spewed their way is unfair, that they've just been really, really unlucky.  That if Alex Smith was healthy, they'd be rolling and giving the world the middle finger.  I'm literally at the point where I just have to acknowledge that I'll never get to truly enjoy being a fan of the football team I grew up loving for my entire adult life.  That the NFL for me will be for fantasy football and the soap opera/reality show that is the Redskins, not really getting to enjoy fandom.

Mike Jones on the radio today said Dan still totally trusts Bruce as the decision maker.    He said maybe he can see it going south if the team continues to struggle through the rest of the season and fans continue to be no shows.

Jones didn't say this part but tying that point with what some others have said, I am gathering Bruce has sold Dan that the season can still be saved and the fans are coming back.  Jones also said there are some in that building that still are hoping that Trent comes back and they talk him into staying.  Jones agrees that Trent's  trade value would diminish in the off season and suggested they've gotten good offers for him thus far but their leverage with other teams will change for the worse in the off season because of the draft-FA.  

Hoffman just said that from what he can tell Bruce and Dan don't get how irrelevant the team is becoming in town.   But some others in that building do.  He suggested them being in deep delusion is a major issue. 

If the above is true, that Dan and Bruce think this team is just a few bad breaks (no pun intended) away from being a contender then we're really really ****ed. 

We're never digging out of this hole fellas, never. We have delusional morons running this team who know dick about football operations. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman just said that from what he can tell Bruce and Dan don't get how irrelevant the team is becoming in town.   But some others in that building do.  He suggested them being in deep delusion is a major issue.

I wholeheartedly believe this.  If it wasn't obvious before, it should have been after Bruce's presser a few weeks ago.  They had an opportunity to get out in front of things and grovel to the fan base, take complete ownership over the losing, and acknowledge that everything deserves looked at because the results indicate the need to do so.  But no, Bruce took it as an opportunity to sell that everything is okay and to defend their actions and culture.  Typically GM pressers don't make national news, but that one did - because it was so insulting to the general public and most importantly, the fans of this team.  

I just don't understand how we as fans can see everything so clearly, and yet these billionaires and millionaires who are supposedly smart people cant see the simplest of things.  For example, Trent.  Trade him.  Why the heck wouldn't you?!?!  But they want to keep hanging on while he keeps losing trade value?! Give me a break.  Secondly, the cronyism. Bruce has been getting his buddies jobs here since he started and it infuriates me.  Jay Gruden should have never even been a head coach, but yet he got the job.  Bruce has been hiring his buddies for years.  Don't forget, guys, that Jim Haslett, the WORST D COORDINATOR in the history of the NFL was our DC way longer then he ever should have been because he was buddies with Bruce.

So here we go again, the offseason will be full of Bruce hiring more idiots from his younger years at Tampa, holding on to trent and not making a penny off of him and lord knows what else.  Imagine if he would have just traded Cousins instead of letting him walk.  And say what you want about Cousins, but  hes definitely in the top half of the league in QBs.  We at least had a shot at winning with him.  Alex Smith was a terrible move, he was just a worse version of Cousins

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mike Jones on the radio today said Dan still totally trusts Bruce as the decision maker

Dan trusts Bruce by default. Without Bruce by his side he likely has no one. What a sad state of affairs. Two guys joined at the hips by desperation.

12 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

I just don't understand how we as fans can see everything so clearly, and yet these billionaires and millionaires who are supposedly smart people cant see the simplest of things. 

They are siloed. They cant see the things they see from their vantage point be cause they consider themselves so high up that they dont even look down here anymore. They dont talk to anyone. Who else would be friends with "Mr. Snyder" other than his players that play his ass for the big contract? Exactly zero actual humans like him in earnest. I dont envy that part of being rich. 

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They are siloed. They cant see the things they see from their vantage point be cause they consider themselves so high up that they dont even look down here anymore. They dont talk to anyone. Who else would be friends with "Mr. Snyder" other than his players that play his ass for the big contract? Exactly zero actual humans like him in earnest. I dont envy that part of being rich. 

I don't think the issue is with being rich.  There are plenty of rich people with friends and are very kind to others.  And then there's rich people like Dan...

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

I'd like to believe that was possible too...but Snyder hasn't shown any indications whatsoever that he is able to learn from experience. He certainly didn't learn anything from pushing Brad Johnson out the door in favor of Jeff George, only to see Johnson go on and win a SB with Tampa Bay.

Snyder is like a vampire...he looks in the mirror and sees nothing.

I hope this can truly put to end the narrative of him being a superfan, and dedicated to winning. 

No, he's a fan of his bottom line.  Did it take Dan 20 years to figure out how to monetize anything (& everything) associated with the Redskins?   

I don't even know what the push behind the new stadium is based on.  It goes completely against his current operating model.  

2 hours ago, skins4ever28 said:

I just don't understand how we as fans can see everything so clearly, and yet these billionaires and millionaires who are supposedly smart people cant see the simplest of things.  For example, Trent.  Trade him.  Why the heck wouldn't you?!?! 

Because Dan is making lots of money with his toy already and proving a point to Trent, or Kirk, or anyone else is more important than making moves in order to win.

You just bought into his claim that he really wants to win because he's supposedly a superfan. But he's not and never was. The first thing he did is monetize the entire operation.

It's like believing the CEO of McDonalds when he tells the world that he's a burger lover and wants to create the best tastiest burger ever for everyone to enjoy and then commences with the creation of the low grade beef Big Mac with 1/10th of a lb of meat, dehydrated onions and fake 1000 island dressing on a dried out sesame seed bun.

Is that thing winning too? Lots of people eat them every day so apparently it's good enough.

The Redskins must be good enough too. Lots of fans still buy into the marketing.

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

It's like believing the CEO of McDonalds when he tells the world that he wants to create the best tastiest burger ever for everyone to enjoy and then commences with the creation of the low grade beef Big Mac with 1/10s of a lb of meat, dehydrated onions and fake 1000 island dressing on it

As I sidenote, I'd love to go back in time with Professor Peabody and witness what an original McDonald's brothers burger tastes like.

When I was 16, I got a job as cashier at McDonald's which was next to the local high school earning $1.60 an hour.   After one year I went to the Manager,

Mr. Tatum and asked for a raise.  He said no one gets raises around here.  So I quit because 3 miles down the road a new McDonald's was built.  I went to that

Manager and told him what I had earned previously and he hired me for a whopping $1.65 per hour.   I felt like I had showed Mr. Tatum up.  Snyder reminds

me of Mr. Tatum.

I worked at McDonald's in HS too, in California. Made manager right before I turned 18, which apparently was illegal but I was going to quit so they gave it to me a couple months early. Big Macs cost 2 dollars or 2.25 in 1990 but cost less than 10c to make. The patties were like 2c each. We had lists of what everything actually cost, which was hilarious to me at the time because it was all basically free. Soda costs just about nothing.

The day they gave me my manager uniforms I found out that I'd get a 25c an hour raise to 6$ an hour. I couldn't believe it and quit that same day and started working at a furniture store down the road for 9 instead and smelled 1000% better getting off work every day.

Dan Snyder isn't Ray Kroc. He's selling nothing but fantasy and illusions. At least when I leave McDonald's I have something in my stomach and didn't feel the need to complain about the experience for the following 20 years.

Archived