Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sonny's comments on news4

Griff

I think it was Monday evening, George Michael asked Sonny "Do you see a light at the end of the tunnel"? Sonny laughed and said he just had talked to the owner and there sure was a light at the end of the tunnel and was grinning from ear to ear.

I just wonder what he meant. We all know Sonny talks with Dan everyday and is very involved in Snyder's decisions.

:wtf:

Sonny you criptic ****. I can't imagine Sonny would be too pleased about learning Danny's intentions to clean house again. Sonny has seemed to be a Spurrier supporter. Maybe he's jsut happy to learn that Danny is committed to the OBC and plans to spend some money and draft picks on the d-line.

Barry Sanders...can he still pick up the blitz? I wouldn't hold my breath.

I bet Sonny was referring to the new Offensive and Defensive coaches that Snyder is planning to bring in here on day one of the off season. Spurrier is on board and backs the decision. That is why he is working his butt off to get them all new jobs during the season so he does not have to fire them outright. Hue, George, and Spurrier Jr are all hitting the bricks and IMO Snyder told Sonny of the prospects that he had in mind to replace them. I am thinking a staff that includes long and successful NFL resumes. Even though I hate to see the Defense go though another change, we cannot stick with Edwards for another year.

Originally posted by brookboyz25

I think it has to be someone from the Redskins past. Maybe that's why Sonny was grinning ear to ear. I think a Petibone might be in order here.

To follow that line of thought : Russ Grim or Joe Bugle :D

Russ Grimm worries me.

Though he did a fair job in 1999, he did an AWFUL job in 1997 and 1998. We had the weakest offensive line I can remember during that time. Those were his first coaching years though and like Edwards he was atrocious in getting his guys ready.

He signed with Pittsburgh in January of 2000. Unless my memory is failing me, we drafted Samuels in April of 2000. Somehow though Grimm is credited with helping Samuels develop. Perhaps my memory is just off or something. I do know that Jansen thought he was excellent.

I think he's improved as a coach, but I don't know that he was good enough here to make us excited about his return.

Petitbone has been out of the game a LONG while to be hoping from something from him.

Art, Grimm left when Marty came on board in 2001.

I don't think Petitbone is the answer - as Art indicated, he's been out of the game for 10+ years. Yeah, Vermeil did it, but Richie's an old man now and didn't look too spry when I saw him outside the Amphora a year or so ago. Maybe as a consultant.

I completely believe that SOS is staying, or that it will be his choice whether he leaves or not. Staff changes are probably coming, though.

Whatever it is, I'm sure the offseason will be interesting. At least we have THAT to look forward to.

Archived