Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

• 2 weeks later...

“He may have had an inkling, but certainly not for the time an actionable one,” said Don Saunders, a retired medical professional eating at the counter of the Rock’n Robin Diner. “You got to understand, especially at Ohio State, it’s gotten to be very progressive in its political views. Things that would not be an unusual occurrence then, now, they get into a huge uproar. Even though not appropriate, people dealt with it and moved on.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Franken wasn’t the only one. Two actresses who had performed the same role as Tweeden on earlier U.S.O. tours with him, Karri Turner and Traylor Portman, immediately recognized that Tweeden was wrong to say that Franken had written the part in order to kiss her. Both women told me that they fully supported the #MeToo movement and could speak only to their own experiences. But Turner confirmed that she had acted in the same skit in 2003. Video footage of her performing it, which can be seen online, shows that the script was altered for Tweeden only by cutting references to “JAG,” a TV show in which Turner starred. In a statement, Turner said that “no woman should have to deal with any type of harassment, ever!” But on her two U.S.O. tours with Franken, she said, “there was nothing inappropriate toward me,” adding, “I only experienced a person that was eager to make soldiers laugh.”

Traylor Portman, who used her maiden name, Traylor Howard, while appearing on the TV show “Monk,” said that she also played the role in Franken’s skit, in 2005. “It’s not accurate for her to say it was written for her,” Portman told me. She had rehearsed the kissing scene with Franken, and hadn’t objected, because “you’re going to practice—that’s what professionals do.” She said that the scene involved “what looked like kissing but wasn’t,” adding, “It’s just for comic relief. I guess you could turn your head, but whatever—it’s nothing. I was in sitcoms. You just play it for laughs.”

Portman went on, “I get the whole #MeToo thing, and a whole lot of horrible stuff has happened, and it needed to change. But that’s not what was happening here.” She added, “Franken is a good man. I remember him talking so sweetly and lovingly about his wife.” Portman recalled, “There were Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders there, and he didn’t pay any special attention to them. He had a good rapport with everyone. He was hilarious. He was just trying to get them to laugh. It was about entertaining people who were risking their lives.” Asked about the allegation that Franken drew “devil horns” on Tweeden’s head shot, Portman said, “It doesn’t sound out of line for him—but please. To get offended by that sounds ridiculous, like fourth grade.”

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/7/2019 at 3:20 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

The details of how she was lured into Epstein's orbit track with what we now know about that process.  That lends credibility to this claim.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

No matter party affiliation, these creeps need to be shunned at the least, and prosecuted at the most.

We were just talking about Halperin the other day, in the "I never saw that coming" sort of way. (Like, I could see Bill Cosby being creepy, but drugging women? Wow. )🤮

• Sad 1