Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

I'll also point out that, congratulations, it appears that the big story has been changed from Trump's thrashing at the hands of Virginia and New Jersey voters and others from sea to shining sea, to what is in my opinion (as noted above) a completely worthless story that will have zero impact on the Alabama senate race.  

:kickcan:

1 hour ago, zoony said:

I agree with this.  But, hope you spend as much emotional capital with Weiner, Weinstein, etc. with their hypocrisy.  I mean, Im prety sure Weiner was married to Gloria Steinem or someone similar

Two thoughts on this. First, it's not as much about the act itself as it is the reaction. I'm not aware of any, but do you know of any liberals that started caping for Weiner, calling his scandal a false flag operation and the like? I'd bet there are some who pulled out the soft sex addiction defense but that's probably about it. Can't explain away the wider reaction by the party rubes with the celebrity defense.

Second, regarding the so-called liberal media, Weiner was incredibly lucky they covered this up or he might've had to resign in disgrace or even face jail time.;) I just want to know, where's all the mistrust of the so-called liberal media when its stories like this? The Donna Brazil story is another good example. No attempts to discredit CNN et al on that one. Furthermore, are they really that much in the tank if they're reporting stories like this? Sorry, but between the MSM and the right wing media outlets, it's ironically the right wing outlets that most resemble Pravda.

• Like 3

Obviously, Gorka et. al. are worthless stains. But the so-called "mainstream Republican" response is appalling.

It strikes me that "if true" is to rape culture as "thoughts and prayers" is to gun violence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, The Sisko said:

...according to the slanted conservative media elites and their fake news. See how that can work the other way around? ?

I'm well aware how it works, I simply pointed out reality using your metrics.

8 minutes ago, JCB said:

Obviously, Gorka et. al. are worthless stains. But the so-called "mainstream Republican" response is appalling.

It strikes me that "if true" is to rape culture as "thoughts and prayers" is to gun violence.

Well, there is a reason we have a legal system.

Court of public opinion gets **** wrong all the time. 

I get what you're saying but I have a hard time criticizing that now. If later, when guilt is found, they conveniently dodge the topic then I'll agree with you.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

I get what you're saying but I have a hard time criticizing that now. If later, when guilt is found, they conveniently dodge the topic then I'll agree with you.

Agree with this, to a point.  Accusations without conviction are 100% fair game in politics, it is up to the voters to decide what is and is not bull****, and to tolerate or not tolerate dirty tricks.

The lawyer in me wants to yell at people that Moore deserves his day in court.  The better lawyer in me is pointing out that the statute of limitations has run, so Moore is in no danger of getting convicted of **** and this is entirely in the court of public opinion. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

"You may have molested a child, but at least your not a democrat."

this country is well on its way to being FUBAR

Still better than Hillary.  

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Sixteen.  

Eighteen.  

• Like 1

By tomorrow they will have dressed like sluts and invited it on themselves.

Since i'm all reformed and all, this isn't going to be one of those posts where I mention how nice the world would be if some of these pricks choked on their own **** and died tonight.

i mean i used t be the kind of poster that would comment about how the world will be a lot nicer if hateful evil ****s like this would eat a drano cake for dinner and die coughing up blood for a few hours, but not anymore.

i swear.

~Bang

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Weiner was married to Hillary Clinton's aide.  She divorced his ass.  He's also in jail right now, as he should be.  

Weinstein hopefully goes to jail, but even if he doesn't, liberals aren't electing him to the United States Senate. He is not, and never was, someone that liberals "chose."  

Roy Moore is a grandstanding bible thumper who regularly told everyone around him that they were not godly enough.  He will likely be freely elected to be a US Senator next year.  

See how those things are different?

Your last paragraph, I totally agree with. These people either are ****ed up to crave celebrity, or somehow get it anyways and it ****s them up.  

They are only different because of your bias.  Weiners wife knew about his behavior for years.  Pretty sure she only divorced him after the third or fourth time he was caught and was going to jail.  Lets not pretend she had a zero tolerance policy.  True, we arent talking camille Cosby, but shes either the biggest ****ing dumbass in the histoey of dumbasses, or she looked the other way for years because of a marriage of convenience and power.  Neither is a good look for who Hillary chose to put her trusr in.  Although by all accounts Hillary enabled a sexual predator for years herself.

As for Weinstein, I hope you afford that same benefit of the doubt when applied to the Koch brothers and the GOP.  

And yes, Roy Moore is an asshole.  No argument here.  Thats not even up for discussion

28 minutes ago, tshile said:

Pointing out that :later, when guilt is found" is "never".  Statute of limitations, including on civil cases, ran out decades ago.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:
these pieces of **** are in an open competition to say the dumbest ****ing thing possible 

Not dumbest. Vile and disgusting.

It's Alabama though. The absolute worst our country has to offer resides in this state. It should be no surprise that pretty much unanimously throughout the state, the local GOP's response has been: "even if it's true, whatever, we don't care". 

Racist, bigoted, pedo enablers.

Just now, Larry said:

Really?  Monica Lewinsky was 14?  The Liberal Media must have covered that up.  

Actually using Monica's consent is a shield to a accused rapist and abuse of office.

as is the 14 remark.

but ya'll have plenty of practice.

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

All these terrible things Alabama GOPers are saying makes me worry that if we don't quarantine the state immediately that whatever it is making them say such unbelievably stupid things will leak out.

Quick, build that wall!...around Alabama.

ya shoulda let em leave when ya had the chance.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, zoony said:

They are only different because of your bias.  Weiners wife knew about his behavior for years.  Pretty sure she only divorced him after the third or fourth time he was caught and was going to jail.  Lets not pretend she had a zero tolerance policy.  True, we arent talking camille Cosby, but shes either the biggest ****ing dumbass in the histoey of dumbasses, or she looked the other way for years because of a marriage of convenience and power.  Neither is a good look for who Hillary chose to put her trusr in.  Although by all accounts Hillary enabled a sexual predator for years herself.

As for Weinstein, I hope you afford that same benefit of the doubt when applied to the Koch brothers and the GOP.  

And yes, Roy Moore is an asshole.  No argument here.  Thats not even up for discussion

Thats bull****. Nobody elected Weiner after his grossness came to light.  The left said ‘nope!’ It destroyed his political career. Roy Moore is going to get elected (almost entirely by evangelicals) knowing full well that he tried to **** a 14 year old. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, twa said:

ya shoulda let em leave when ya had the chance.

If Lincoln saw the **** goin' down right now?

Man, he'd probably be like "Yo Sherman, go west.  No, like, keep going.  And like tell me if you run out of torches I'll send more."

• Like 1