Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

I don't have a link yet, but Breitbart just preemptively ran a counter-piece to a Washington Post story that is about to be released soon.

The Washington Post article will allege that Roy Moore, noted homophobe, running as the Republican candidate for Senate in Alabama, assaulted teenage girls as young as 14, when he was in his 30's. 

Roy Moore is on record, denying these allegations to Breitbart. 

This is going to be a huge ****storm. Republicans will have to make a choice: defend Roy Moore or force him to step down and likely replace him with Luther Strange. It's going to pit the McConnell faction that favors Strange, against the Bannon faction, which favors Roy Moore.

I have not linked to the Breitbart piece but if the mods ask, I will provide the link. The Washington Post story hasn't come out yet.

The WP article is out:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.969d8eb93561

Edited by No Excuses

One of the many depressing things about our current political situation is that the question of whether the GOP should dump him like a, well, like an accused pedophile, is controversial

Although I have to say that the GOP built this death trap, when they decided to ignore all of the other things that should have completely disqualified him. Now they have to choose between ignoring something else, or admitting that they were wrong. (And history says that they would rather do the former). 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

One of the many depressing things about our current political situation is that the question of whether the GOP should dump him like a, well, like an accused pedophile, is controversial

Although I have to say that the GOP built this death trap, when they decided to ignore all of the other things that should have completely disqualified him. Now they have to choose between ignoring something else, or admitting that they were wrong. (And history says that they would rather do the former). 

The NRSC dropped Todd Akin for an insensitive, and really really stupid statement in 2012.

It will really say something about where the GOP stands today if they continue to support Moore. Which really won't be that surprising after they continued to support Trump.

Supporting a pedophile on his way to the Senate will really be a new low for the GOP and how they view this country.

Well, I hope the people that spoke on record for this story are ready for a s!@tnado. 

When everything starts flying with this story, it's going to be hard to determine what's true and what's not true. I just hope we eventually get to the truth of the matter because lives will be ruined. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I REALLY do hope that WaPo didn’t write an article like this on a she-said-he-said basis.

by definition, allegations like this are largely "he said-she said" right?? the corroborating evidence just points out that what she said OTHER than the specific allegation is consistent with the facts  (she was at a place where it COULD'VE happened,  and he COULD'VE been.... etc.. )   

unfortunately, that is the way it usually works.  if there were corroborating pictures... you would've seen 'em.  

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'll bet anyone a bitcoin that Moore wins the election.

a bit coin is worth over $7,000 ... right?   that is not a penny ante bet!

These are the women girls he "dated" as an assistant district attorney in his 30s.

- A 14 year old girl sitting with her mother in a local courthouse

- A 14 year-old girl working as a Santa's helper at Gadsden Mall

- A 17 year old girl in a high school civics class he spoke at

- An 18 year old cheerleader he drank wine with.  (The legal drinking age in Bama was 19.)

Edited by Dan T.