Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do we sign, 2018 and for how much

gooseneck

Fundamental choice between Long and Bergstrom needs to be made. Based on tape, I'm leaning Bergstrom.

I'm sure the FO is probably leaning Long. The easy choice that people would not question would be Long, which is the chicken **** way to do it, therefore the FO will re-sign Long. 

Long was absolutely ragdolled vs the Eagles. Doesn't have the anchor. Just whooped. And that was before injury. He's not going to gain any more anchor after a torn quad. Long wasn't the cleanest runner, mechanics wise, before a torn quadriceps, but he was able to reach the 2nd level in his own herky-jerky style.  Now?

Bergstrom moves smoother, quicker and faster than Long, already. Even at his older age. Neither have plus marks in strength. But I'd go with Berg because Long has plenty of tape out there just getting blown back on rollerskates. 

There does need to be some change with scheme style and philosophy of the o-line, imo. Either or both Callahan and scheme need to be augmented, slightly. 

Leaning:

✅  Tony Bergstrom 

❌  Junior Gallette 

With Berg added, that's 11 re-signs. 

5a372ab3774c6_ScreenShot2017-12-16at4_44_10PM.thumb.png.9540f4a44b06a3748c5ea3b1740b16a2.png

Update Bergstrom and Galette. Alter Bibbs, as a RFA, it's easy to at least tender and kick the decsion until next year's camp. 

The re-sign number now to 8 re-signs of unrestricted and 4 tenders. Retain 12 of 24. 

Lose 11 unrestricted and lose 1 restricted. 

(my marks)
✅ =  re-sign
❌ =  do not re-sign 
 ?   =  maybe
PLAYER (24)
POS.
TO
2017 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Kirk Cousins QB 29 WAS $23,943,600 UFA Market Value
Terrelle Pryor WR 28 WAS $6,000,000 UFA -
Shawn Lauvao G 30 WAS $4,250,000 UFA -
DeAngelo Hall CB 34 WAS $4,250,000 UFA -
Zach Brown ILB 28 WAS $2,300,000 UFA -
Niles Paul TE 28 WAS $2,000,000 UFA -
Will Compton ILB 28 WAS $1,797,000 UFA -
Mason Foster ILB 28 WAS $1,250,000 UFA -
Trent Murphy OLB 26 WAS $1,118,200 UFA -
Arthur Jones DT 31 WAS $900,000 UFA -
Chris Carter ILB 28 WAS $885,000 UFA -
Brian Quick WR 28 WAS $855,000 UFA -
Junior Galette OLB 29 WAS $800,000 UFA -
Tony Bergstrom C 31 WAS $775,000 UFA -
Phil Taylor DT 29 WAS $775,000 UFA -
Spencer Long C 27 WAS $715,950 UFA -
Ty Nsekhe ST 32 WAS $690,000 RFA -
Bashaud Breeland CB 25 WAS $676,500 UFA -
Kapri Bibbs RB 24 WAS $615,000 RFA -
Ryan Grant WR 26 WAS $608,403 UFA -
Dustin Hopkins K 27 WAS $600,000 UFA -
Quinton Dunbar CB 25 WAS $525,000 RFA -
Deshazor Everett S 25 WAS $525,000 RFA -
Tyler Catalina T 24 WAS $465,000 ERFA -

I hope Cousins gives some thought to that one big hit he took to his back.  Does he value his health?  If so, then stick with teams that are willing to invest in the OL.  Otherwise, his performance drops considerably and he'll learn how it feels to be out for several weeks or on injured reserve. 

Free Agent Targets 2018:

Defense

1. CB:  Kyle Fuller                ||                      ||                       ||

2. SAF: Tre Boston - FS            ||   LaMarcus Joyner    ||   Kemal Ishmael       ||   Tavon Wilson

3. ILB: Jon Bostic                 ||                      ||                       ||

4. DL:  Beau Allen                 ||   Dontari Poe        ||   Justin Ellis        ||

Offense

1. OL: Andrew Norwell - LG         ||   Patrick Omameh     ||   Brian Schwenke      ||

2. OL: Seantrel Henderson - SOT    ||   James Hurst        ||   Ty Nsekhe re-sign   ||

3. RB: Carlos Hyde                 ||                      ||                       ||

4. TE: Crockett Gillmore           ||                      ||                       ||

Targets are just that, targets. Can't possibly get them all. 

Stacking priority:

1. Andrew Norwell 

2. Tre Boston 

3. Jon Bostic 

4. Kyle Fuller 

5. Seantrel Henderson 

6. Carlos Hyde 

7. Beau Allen 

8. Crockett Gillmore

PLAYER (x)
POS.
TO
2017 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Andrew Norwell LG 26 CAR $2,746,000 UFA -
Tre Boston FS 25 LAC $900,000 UFA Market Value
Jon Bostic ILB 26 IND $690,000 UFA -
Kyle Fuller CB 25 CHI $2,421,751 UFA -
Seantrel Henderson SOT 25 BUF $567,720 UFA -
Carlos Hyde RB 26 SF $920,420 UFA Market Value
Beau Allen DT 26 PHI $570,562 UFA -
Crockett Gillmore TE 26 BAL $681,504 UFA -

Receivers:  

I think Doctson will still develop, this was in essence his rookie year and Crowder will bounce back from an off year.  But I still think they need a wideout.

Free agent wideouts include John Brown, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Sam Watkins, Taylor Gabriel, Davante Adams.

Among them, I'd target Robinson and Adams.  Robinson coming off an ACL but was a budding star in previous seasons.  It's a dicy type of signing coming off of the injury and in his shoes I'd take a 1 year show me offer from Jax over another team.  But maybe he acts like Pryor and prefers to do it elsewhere.   

Adams has been productive, I don't know if he's a true #1 but I am looking for a good reliable receiver.  12 TDs and almost 1000 yards in 2016.  Not that far off of that this year even though he played a lot without Rodgers.   He's got a 82.6 grade from PFF.   He's the type though who might get paid big in FA and so I wouldn't pay through the nose for him. 

Sammy Watkins has been a disappointment in the last two years so not sure I'd touch him.  John Brown is a decent deep threat but wonder if he's more than just a slightly better Aldrick Robinson type.   Taylor Gabriel is explosive at moments but he doesn't seem to be a consistent playmaker.  But I'd consider if I can get him at a good price.

Landry is a slot guy and we already have a guy like that.  It intrigues me though if Landry could play outside.  He's good and can bring some Garcon like attitude to the unit.  And like Garcon the dude can block.  He can also return kicks which seems to be a constant need here.

I'd rather go to the draft for running back.  But if they can get Isaiah Crowell in a bargain deal, I'd consider.  He's not a stud but he's in the 4.5 YPA range per average and is a weapon with his hands. 

I was just checking PFF scores on the O line and wow they are bad for all of the dudes who played center and LG this season. Not that I was surprised.  Cooley who loves to opine how useless Vernon Davis is as a blocker -- that idea seems to be shared and more from PFF about Davis which gives him a low grade.

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Gonna have to draft a WR, can't see viable options in FA. GB will lock up Adams on a solid deal, why the hell would you walk away from Rodgers.

Don't know if they will. GB is a factory for WRs

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Receivers:  

I think Doctson will still develop, this was in essence his rookie year and Crowder will bounce back from an off year.  But I still think they need a wideout.

Free agent wideouts include John Brown, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Sam Watkins, Taylor Gabriel, Davante Adams.

Among them, I'd target Robinson and Adams.  Robinson coming off an ACL but was a budding star in previous seasons.  It's a dicy type of signing coming off of the injury and in his shoes I'd take a 1 year show me offer from Jax over another team.  But maybe he acts like Pryor and prefers to do it elsewhere.   

Adams has been productive, I don't know if he's a true #1 but I am looking for a good reliable receiver.  12 TDs and almost 1000 yards in 2016.  Not that far off of that this year even though he played a lot without Rodgers.   He's got a 82.6 grade from PFF.   He's the type though who might get paid big in FA and so I wouldn't pay through the nose for him. 

Sammy Watkins has been a disappointment in the last two years so not sure I'd touch him.  John Brown is a decent deep threat but wonder if he's more than just a slightly better Aldrick Robinson type.   Taylor Gabriel is explosive at moments but he doesn't seem to be a consistent playmaker.  But I'd consider if I can get him at a good price.

Landry is a slot guy and we already have a guy like that.  It intrigues me though if Landry could play outside.  He's good and can bring some Garcon like attitude to the unit.  And like Garcon the dude can block.  He can also return kicks which seems to be a constant need here.

I'd rather go to the draft for running back.  But if they can get Isaiah Crowell in a bargain deal, I'd consider.  He's not a stud but he's in the 4.5 YPA range per average and is a weapon with his hands. 

I was just checking PFF scores on the O line and wow they are bad for all of the dudes who played center and LG this season. Not that I was surprised.  Cooley who loves to opine how useless Vernon Davis is as a blocker -- that idea seems to be shared and more from PFF about Davis which gives him a low grade.

I have been pounding the table for Robinson. He is my #1 target. Problem is Jags have a ton of cap space - thing going for us is that a lot of other WRs have played well for them this season so they may feel like they can afford to let him go vs paying him 8 figures annually

@Monk4thaHALL

Think I’m right there with you (though I’m woefully lacking in FA knowledge).  

Couple questions: 

1) is signing Breeland an option only if Kirk walks in your mind?

2) what do you think about Roullier?

3) what’s your take on Foster (beyond letting him walk)?  Thought he paired well with Brown, especially behind Allen/Ioannidas.  Replaceable, no doubt, but I’m wary of where we wind up instead.  

4) I think Beau Allen would be a nice addition.  Who do you think he replaces (or should replace anyhow)?

Also, very much with you on landing a good guard.  I think addressing that, the DL, a TE that can block their ass off and a receiver are our top needs (fluid though, depending on if Cousins/Brown/Foster re-sign, etc.).  

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

GB typically doesn't go nuts in FA including always keeping their own.  why would Adams leave?  Same reasons most FA do:  $$$$$$$$$$

True, although the do like to keep hold of good receivers that they drafted. In an era when very average receivers get 7/8 mil per year I would be shocked if they let Adams out the door....they paid Cobb, and equally shocked if he pushed a move to be honest.

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

True, although the do like to keep hold of good receivers that they drafted. In an era when very average receivers get 7/8 mil per year I would be shocked if they let Adams out the door....they paid Cobb, and equally shocked if he pushed a move to be honest.

They let James Jones, Greg Jennings go, granted they were older.  I get your point but leaving in FA isn't really about any player pushing for a move out the door -- its simply they are just free to sign and they typically do to the highest bidder.  Typically money is more important especially if you are poised for your first big contract than loving your quarterback.    But yeah if everything is equal naturally I'd bet the dude would like to stay.  

Norwell and Bostic would be great signings IMO. Robinson would be a good get at WR and would allow us to go DL and RB in the first two rounds where we need to target badly. The thought of having Norwell next to Trent is the stuff dreams are made of but will they dump that much out to a guard with Scherff's contract coming up? Probably not but a guy can dream.

Archived