Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

What exactly is the role of big time hollywood producer guy?  Just basically sit on your throne and decide which desperate filmakers, actresses, and actors are worthy of you throwing $millions at?  

In some respects, it might be more amazing that these guys arent even worse. 

Being the gatekeepers and arbiters for what amounts to creating millionaires out of thin air, with no real process or metrics or business model, other than "gut or feel" on certain projects.  In an industry where thousands upon thousands of the nations most beautiful people are throwing themselves at every opportunity, with almost no quantitative difference from one to the next.

Should we be shocked that the guy on top is a creepy, soulless, abusive piece of ****?  Serious question

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

these two are mentally ill

If you cannot trust yourself, alone, around the opposite sex to not do anything to them then that is YOUR fault. Not theirs. What insane drivel.

that's not what he said.

yet, that's how you read it.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

that's not what he said.

yet, that's how you read it.

The very same leftwing activists and Hollywood stars now running away from Harvey Weinstein were assailing Mike Pence for having a rule of not dining alone or taking meetings alone with women.

Try again. 

Once again, if you cannot trust yourself alone in a room with the opposite sex then you have a problem. All 3 of those men are creeps and those that support that stance is a creep.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Their idea is still crazy.

You know how people, especially our Christian friends, believe Muslims are crazy for how they treat women and subjugate them

That idea Pence has is about 90% on that path.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Their idea is still crazy.

I don't know if it's crazy. It's something though...

There certainly are people who accuse people of things that didn't happen because they know they'll get the benefit of the doubt, and there's fame/payout for it.

When the police arrest someone they radio in their mileage, and it is recorded at the jail, so if there's a claim something went on between arrest and the jail you can check the route and the mileage. Hard to go out of your way an sexually harass a female you arrested, without adding mileage to the odometer. It's not fool proof, but it works well enough.

In companies large enough with HR departments, employers don't meet with employees over serious issues without HR present, to avoid conflicting details of what happened.

The idea of someone in a position of power not meeting alone with someone from the opposite sex has a logical side to it, it also has an insulting side to it. It's not crazy though. There's plenty of instances of that sort of policy being put in place to prevent exactly what he's trying to prevent.

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Try again. 

You posting it word for word doesn't really help you here.

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

You know how people, especially our Christian friends, believe Muslims are crazy for how they treat women and subjugate them

That idea Pence has is about 90% on that path.

:ols:

Yeah man, having a policy to not meet alone to avoid accusations of sexual harassment, or *gasp* seeing how there might be a power dynamic that is negative to the person, is 90% on the path of not letting women drive because it might hurt their ovaries, or punishing a woman for being raped. or not letting them go to school. or making them walk behind men and not participate in business conversations.

you're definitely on point

:ols:

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

I don't know if it's crazy. It's something though...

There certainly are people who accuse people of things that didn't happen because they know they'll get the benefit of the doubt, and there's fame/payout for it.

When the police arrest someone they radio in their mileage, and it is recorded at the jail, so if there's a claim something went on between arrest and the jail you can check the route and the mileage. Hard to go out of your way an sexually harass a female you arrested, without adding mileage to the odometer. It's not fool proof, but it works well enough.

In companies large enough with HR departments, employers don't meet with employees over serious issues without HR present, to avoid conflicting details of what happened.

The idea of someone in a position of power not meeting alone with someone from the opposite sex has a logical side to it, it also has an insulting side to it. It's not crazy though. There's plenty of instances of that sort of policy being put in place to prevent exactly what he's trying to prevent.

So people can't harass members of the same sex during meetings or arrests? I feel like this country is regressing back to 1940.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

So people can't harass members of the same sex during meetings or arrests? I feel like this country is regressing back to 1940.

What? Are you even trying to discuss this or are you just being flippant?

There would obviously be a third party.

Of course maybe Pence has surrounded himself with people who are in on it so it's just a group sexual harassment and assault meeting.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

What? Are you even trying to discuss this or are you just being flippant?

There would obviously be a third party.

Of course maybe Pence has surrounded himself with people who are in on it so it's just a group sexual harassment and assault meeting.

No, it's not worth discussing because it's a dumb idea all around.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I guess all first dates must now be monitored by a third party because there is a chance of a false date rape accusation. 

I guess you don't read the news.

It's a big issue on college campuses right now. But please, mock away. It doesn't exist in your little world so lol it must just be dumb.

Just now, tshile said:

I guess you don't read the news.

It's a big issue on college campuses right now. But please, mock away. It doesn't exist in your little world so lol it must just be dumb.

I was being sarcastic, obviously it's an issue which is why I brought it up. Just because something can potentially happen doesn't mean you should run around with a freaking babysitter to monitor male/female interactions.

I can't believe this is a legit thing that people think is necessary.

• Like 1

College counselor I had would always have his door open and his office was in a busy hallway regardless of who he was meeting with for this specific reason.  Didn't want to be accused for something

@tshileis completely right.  Lots of companies have policies about employer meeting with employee with HR present.  There are plenty of people out there who'll not meet with someone unless there's a 3rd party present.  Plenty of males won't meet alone with a female co-worker, or if they're alone the door is open with people nearby and in earshot.  

@BenningRoadSkini'm surprised you're not hip to this idea.  After all, big evil corporations full of white men must put their interests first and protect the castle at all costs.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I was being sarcastic, obviously it's an issue which is why I brought it up. Just because something can potentially happen doesn't mean you should run around with a freaking babysitter to monitor male/female interactions.

I can't believe this is a legit thing that people think is necessary.

it's policy in many places.

it also protects both people, despite you and benning thinking it's about being afraid of your own impulses. you have to do some serious mental gymnastics and have some serious bias to read it that way

your gut reaction is to mock it, down play it. i don't know what to tell you. maybe wake up a bit and read the news? maybe get a job where you have (job-related) power over others? it's pretty standard advice. the idea is not new and is practiced throughout.

you guys just don't like pence. which in itself is fine, i don't like him either. you're just being silly about it.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

it's policy in many places.

it also protects both people, despite you and benning thinking it's about being afraid of your own impulses. you have to do some serious mental gymnastics and have some serious bias to read it that way

your gut reaction is to mock it, down play it. i don't know what to tell you. maybe wake up a bit and read the news? the idea is not new and is practiced throughout.

you guys just don't like pence. which in itself is fine, i don't like him either. you're just being silly about it.

How about, no? It's not about not liking Pence. This is a dumb sexist idea, I get the idea of a third party being implemented for an exit interview be it male or female, but why would that be necessary if my supervisor is a female or I'm tasked with supervising a female and we have a bi-weekly meeting? Are there evil people who make false accusations? Unfortunately yes but there are risks in life, deal with it!

• Haha 1