Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

I'm glad all these women are taking the risk of coming out with this ****. Needs to be stopped. These men power tripping need to have this world of there destroyed around them I don't care if their lives are destroyed in the process. 

• Like 4

So I will admit to being ignorant/sexist/naïve/etc. with not fully understanding why women who appear to be strong, confident adults would not "out" Weinstein earlier which would have hopefully resulted in him being stopped.  But the more you hear and read, the more I can understand the kind of power and control he was able to wield over most of his victims.  Good on those that initially came forward.  For those that covered, and continue to cover, his misdeeds I hope and pray that they will also seem some sort of criminal/civil charges.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

"Over the course of a year, Weinstein had the agencies “target,” or collect information on, dozens of individuals, and compile psychological profiles that sometimes focussed on their personal or sexual histories. Weinstein monitored the progress of the investigations personally. He also enlisted former employees from his film enterprises to join in the effort, collecting names and placing calls that, according to some sources who received them, felt intimidating."

I'm happy this is all coming out, and that so many women (and fewer men) feel empowered to speak out about their experiences.  The scumbags they're naming deserve to be exposed and know what it feels like to lose control over what's happening to them.  To lose and be powerless to stop it.  

That being said, the court of public opinion and civil lawsuits aren't justice.  Loss of job and embarrassment are not appropriate penalties for repeated sexual assault, witness intimidation, and in some cases rape.  Those are things that are supposed to follow real criminal consequences, not replace them.  

There needs to be a follow through on this that examines how and why our system of justice failed so completely that it has played essentially no role in any of this.  It seems like every name that comes out is named by several victims, meaning a relatively small number of predators are responsible for a great number of offenses.  We can't have a justice system that just shrugs its shoulders while these predators pile up victims.  If the way things are done currently do not work, then reforms are needed.  

I refuse to to believe that law enforcement can penetrate virtually any criminal organization in the world but they are somehow entirely powerless to investigate serial rapists hiding in plain sight.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Destino said:

I'm happy this is all coming out, and that so many women (and fewer men) feel empowered to speak out about their experiences.  The scumbags they're naming deserve to be exposed and know what it feels like to lose control over what's happening to them.  To lose and be powerless to stop it.  

That being said, the court of public opinion and civil lawsuits aren't justice.  Loss of job and embarrassment are not appropriate penalties for repeated sexual assault, witness intimidation, and in some cases rape.  Those are things that are supposed to follow real criminal consequences, not replace them.  

There needs to be a follow through on this that examines how and why our system of justice failed so completely that it has played essentially no role in any of this.  It seems like every name that comes out is named by several victims, meaning a relatively small number of predators are responsible for a great number of offenses.  We can't have a justice system that just shrugs its shoulders while these predators pile up victims.  If the way things are done currently do not work, then reforms are needed.  

I refuse to to believe that law enforcement can penetrate virtually any criminal organization in the world but they are somehow entirely powerless to investigate serial rapists hiding in plain sight.

It might not be justice in the terms of court, official legal proceedings....but for lack of a better term, there's social justice.  The social contracts we have as people that'll keep someone from like Harvey Weinstein ever holding a job again.  

But ultimately I agree with you.  Something needs to be done legally.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Training is such a cop out.  How about this... act like a decent human being.

"Please forgive my past harassment.. i never had the proper training."  Give me a break

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like I said earlier in this thread, rumors have been flying around about Louis CK for many years.

Seems like his time has come.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/louis-cks-movie-premiere-canceled-advance-ny-times-story-1056585

NYT will be running the article soon. His movie premiere has been cancelled in advance.

A source tells The Hollywood Reporter that a New York Times story on the comedian is about to break, and the premiere was canceled in case it is damaging. His planned Friday appearance on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert was also canceled, with William H. Macy taking his place on the CBS show.

Edited by No Excuses
1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Like I said earlier in this thread, rumors have been flying around about Louis CK for many years.

Seems like his time has come.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/louis-cks-movie-premiere-canceled-advance-ny-times-story-1056585

NYT will be running the article soon. His movie premiere has been cancelled in advance.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/928685099121508353

Been listening to Louis CK since he was on Opie and Anthony in the early days and he was always a great comedic talent; that being said that don't excuse all the allegations and over the last few weeks there had been some rumblings but now the NYT is about to blow it all up and let it all out 

If the rumors are true then he deserves the backlash 

I mean have you heard his material though? He always talks about it. The problem here is he did it in front of women. If he was doing this at home with the door closed in private nobody would care. Ric Flair said in his documentary he masturbated twice a day for 20 years. 

54 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I mean have you heard his material though? He always talks about it. The problem here is he did it in front of women. If he was doing this at home with the door closed in private nobody would care. Ric Flair said in his documentary he masturbated twice a day for 20 years. 

Good look on identifying the problem there ;)

CK is gross and I feel terrible the women he creeped out with his inappropriate, and frankly disgusting, propositions in the workplace.  I'm glad he's been outed.  I also feel bad for his daughters as well.  Imagine going to school as teenagers when your father is the front page story for pulling his junk out in front of everyone.  That would be difficult, to say the least.  

I do have to ask though about one of his gross incidents detailed in the NYT article.  If an acquaintance at a sort of party asks you to watch them masturbate and you not only fail to decline but stay for the whole "show" before leaving, are you a victim or a participant?