Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hahahaha.  Good luck with that.  Sure it'll happen once Pelosi rides in on her unicorn ****ting rainbow sherbert.

Heck, the Dems can't even pass a constitutional amendment that simply states that the federal government may not discriminate against women.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, twa said:

they listened to you and now you complain?

**** that noise! I was never THAT preacher.

Bonhoeffer called that "cheap grace", and it is the stock and trade of the American Evangelical cult.

27 minutes ago, Larry said:

Heck, the Dems can't even pass a constitutional amendment that simply states that the federal government may not discriminate against women.  

Imagine how ****ed up we are as a nation and society that we can't agree to be held accountable for inequality.

"Aside from Virginia, 12 other states have not ratified the amendment: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Utah."

Not a good look for the South, maybe it's just in their DNA to see others as of lesser worth than white men.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

Apparently, it's not video games or mental health. It's not even rap music. According to a top Republican in Ohio the cause of mass shootings is the existence of drag queens. Actually, she's got a laundry list, but we mustn't forget the important role drag queen advocates play in these events!!! :doh:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/08/05/ohio-gop-leader-tells-lawmaker-resign-over-dayton-shooting-post/1925234001/

Keller, R-Middletown, posted on Facebook Sunday comments that blamed "drag queen advocates," the Democratic Congress, former President Barack Obama, violent video games and the hatred of veterans for the deaths of nine people and the shooter in Dayton early Sunday. 

Edited by Burgold
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, c slag said:

Ok I really have a hard time believing there are litterly 1,778 abortions performed every day,c'mon man 

What if the report is two digits off. Wouldn't it be somethign if the number of abortions performed was 1776?

20 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

The number can't be right.  If you are looking at gun deaths, some states alone have 1000+. California has 3000 alone.

Not saying the number is right, but rifles are not usually the cause, handguns and shotguns are. 

1 hour ago, c slag said:

Ok I really have a hard time believing there are litterly 1,778 abortions performed every day,c'mon man 

That's the thing with all these stat tweets.  Most of them throw random numbers out with no citation or anything.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, c slag said:

That's pretty close to the official number from the CDC.  

While there are legit reasons to not blindly accept that number as irrefutable, divine, absolute gospel, I'll take their number over any of the no doubt multitude of places who will gleefully work really hard to come up with numbers that are more in keeping with their Holy Cause.  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

That's pretty close to the official number from the CDC.  

Guttmacher is generally considered the best numbers, or perhaps most complete would be better phrasing.

Probably a good time to start ignoring bad faith arguments from the right on this issue. We are better off putting at least 30% of the country on ignore and trying to work with those who still have a functioning neocortex. 

Give air to those on the right actually trying to do the right thing. I appreciate that Sen Toomey is making a sincere effort to make inroads on this.

Adam Kinzinger:

The nutjobs are losing on this issue and they know it. Lets give air to those who are coming around and willing to lead.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, twa said:

Guttmacher is generally considered the best numbers, or perhaps most complete would be better phrasing.

Since were making nonsense comparisons, do you have any stats on how many non-people are murdered by guns each year?🙄 Going down the abortion road on this is a red herring of the highest order. But since that's what some of us are trying to bring up, I'll point out the inconvenient truth that you'd think the right to lifers would be on board with common sense gun legislation, among other things,  since they're so enamored of protecting life, right? Or, could it be the movement isn't really about protecting life, but about mobilizing the gullible to stay on the plantation for political purposes? Naaaaah, that couldn't be it.