The Sisko

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

She probably would have been better served seeking other intervention...but at least she tried.

Trump curb stomping the opposition makes reconciliation easier.

not like they are gonna shut up. :pint:

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, twa said:

She probably would have been better served seeking other intervention...but at least she tried.

Trump curb stomping the opposition makes reconciliation easier.

not like they are gonna shut up. :pint:

Still slurping that orange mushroom I see

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Want to see the difference in a gun and a knife...this one is for the morons because I guarantee they are already sharing this as a false equivalency.

So let's keep score

Dayton Ohio: 35 people in 30 seconds...9 dead

El Paso: 46 people 22 dead.

This guy: 4 dead in TWO HOURS

A man who was "full of anger" stabbed, slashed and robbed his way across two Southern California cities in a bloody rampage that killed four people and wounded two others who were apparently targeted at random, authorities said.

The 33-year-old man from Garden Grove robbed more than half a dozen businesses and killed two men at his own apartment complex during the two-hour wave of violence Wednesday, police said.

4 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

So let's keep score

Dayton Ohio: 35 people in 30 seconds...9 dead

El Paso: 46 people 22 dead.

This guy: 4 dead in TWO HOURS

Yea but what about me? What about MY rights as an American? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea but what about me? What about MY rights as an American? 

Isn't it interesting that neither Dayton nor El Paso would have been stopped by ANY of the proposed regulations, red flag or otherwise. Until they killed and shot dozens of people they were law abiding citizens.

48 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Isn't it interesting that neither Dayton nor El Paso would have been stopped by ANY of the proposed regulations, red flag or otherwise. Until they killed and shot dozens of people they were law abiding citizens.

El Paso shooters mom notified authorities of how she felt uncomfortable about her son and his AK. It’s entirely possible that a red flag system in place would empower more parents and family members to make these calls and perhaps be taken seriously.

We know in some places such calls and action have already prevented mass shootings.

Edited by No Excuses

40 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

El Paso shooters mom notified authorities of how she felt uncomfortable about her son and his AK. It’s entirely possible that a red flag system in place would empower more parents and family members to make these calls and perhaps be taken seriously.

We know in some places such calls and action have already prevented mass shootings.

You will NEVER pass a red flag law that is so sensitive as to remove a gun because someone doesn't like it.

24 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You will NEVER pass a red flag law that is so sensitive as to remove a gun because someone doesn't like it.

They aren't intended to take away your guys "because someone doesn't like it".

They are intended to take your guns away if a family member or close relative can convince the courts that you pose a risk. Allowing people to make the case is better than "IT WILL NEVER WORK!!!!". 

• Like 3

So authorities had forewarning of El Paso but did nothing, because they can’t.  Because there are no laws.

Reminds me of a person I know, who is paranoid schizophrenic, who has had a restraining order put on him by the church that my kids go to preschool at, that followed me one day.  Can’t do anything about him other than hope he doesn’t shoot me up, or the church or my place of business.  ****ing hope and Chance is all I have in my favor.

27 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

They aren't intended to take away your guys "because someone doesn't like it".

They are intended to take your guns away if a family member or close relative can convince the courts that you pose a risk. Allowing people to make the case is better than "IT WILL NEVER WORK!!!!". 

See the post directly below yours.

These processes are convoluted and in favor of burden of proof. Mom calling because she didn't like the gun isn't enough under any burden of proof where the 2nd Amd is concerned.

9 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

See the post directly below yours.

These processes are convoluted and in favor of burden of proof. Mom calling because she didn't like the gun isn't enough under any burden of proof where the 2nd Amd is concerned.

This is not what red flag laws do. I honestly don't know what you are trying to say. No one is saying that mom calling the cops because son has an AK should lead to gun confiscation. Mom calling the cops because her son has an AK and has demonstrated troubling behavior and she is able to prove that he is a risk to himself and the public is valid and such laws are on the books in multiple states now. Both Rhode Island and Massachusetts red flag laws have led to gun confiscations in the past year.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So authorities had forewarning of El Paso but did nothing, because they can’t.  Because there are no laws.

Reminds me of a person I know, who is paranoid schizophrenic, who has had a restraining order put on him by the church that my kids go to preschool at, that followed me one day.  Can’t do anything about him other than hope he doesn’t shoot me up, or the church or my place of business.  ****ing hope and Chance is all I have in my favor.

Sounds like you need to buy a gun, ammo, lessons on how to use them, and a bullet proof vest.  

--This advertisement brought to you by America's gun manufacturers and their trade group, the NRA.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is not what red flag laws do. I honestly don't know what you are trying to say. No one is saying that mom calling the cops because son has an AK should be the law. Mom calling the cops because her son has an AK and has demonstrated troubling behavior and she is able to prove that he is a risk is valid and laws are on the books in multiple states now. Both Rhode Island and Massachusetts red flag laws have led to gun confiscations in the past year.

So the question is, how much time passed from the time she called an when he shot up Walmart?

31 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Sounds like you need to buy a gun, ammo, lessons on how to use them, and a bullet proof vest.  

--This advertisement brought to you by America's gun manufacturers and their trade group, the NRA.

Shut up and take my money! ~ Courageous patriots everywhere 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I was thinking about it but I relent.

In America, I shouldn’t have to carry a gun simply to go get my lunch in peace.  Or to take my kids to preschool in peace.  Yet this is the most sensible option at this point.  And it’s sad.  It’s an America that republicans have crafted.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/7/2019 at 7:21 AM, AsburySkinsFan said:

Stop it!

Just ****ing stop it.

Go back a few pages and read exactly what I wrote on that exact subject.

You are a ****ing troll, and a bot, but you aren't stupid.

And I swear don't you respond to this in your now tiresome trope.

*PSSSST* Making people angry is what he lives for. Don’t give it to him. 

7 hours ago, Llevron said:

Still slurping that orange mushroom I see

Well, it is his job after all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

In America, I shouldn’t have to carry a gun simply to go get my lunch in peace.  Or to take my kids to preschool in peace.  Yet this is the most sensible option at this point.  And it’s sad.  It’s an America that republicans have crafted.

I still think im at greater risk to get shot by the police than a mass shooting in MD/VA so im going to roll no gun until these white supremacists feel like a legit threat. If I was a bit further south or if I was out of the house often maybe that would change. But my life as currently constructed keeps me away from large amounts of people so im not really worried about a mass shooting yet. 

If I was carrying a gun and got pulled over I might as well be playing Russian roulette. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I still think im at greater risk to get shot by the police than a mass shooting in MD/VA so im going to roll no gun until these white supremacists feel like a legit threat. If I was a bit further south or if I was out of the house often maybe that would change. But my life as currently constructed keeps me away from large amounts of people so im not really worried about a mass shooting yet. 

If I was carrying a gun and got pulled over I might as well be playing Russian roulette. 

Lucky for me I don’t have to deal with that in my travels.  I do have to deal with a mentally unstable (former) neighbor who apparently has a problem with me years later and lives near my work and where my kids go to preschool.

I don’t wanna roll with a gun because I feel like I shouldn’t have to.  Kershaw pocket knife every day while I’m at work though, so at least I’d have that.